4-1-2-3 DZ struggling.

Hello, I finally found a way to the new FM19 but this year tactics is for me a reason to be depressed. I am playing with this tactics but struggling to have my IFa as my primary source od goals. Please can you help me to find and identify problems of my setup?

IMG_20190114_174509.jpg

I don't know why do you want to make that particular player your primary goal-scorer? Can you post a screenshot of his profile, to begin with? Because maybe some other role would make him more effective. 

Btw, focusing all/too much attention on a single player can often lead to making wrong tactical decisions, so you always need to consider a bigger picture.

It's nothing special on the player but as a LFC fan I want to create something like Salah last season - high scoring inside forward. Maybe I am reason why is tactics struggling when want something special from player which is more a winger then inside forward.

15474899441841897344746876797176.jpg

This guy isn't bad, but isn't an outstanding player either. And he can play as an IF, but not sure if you can make him the main goal-scoring threat. You could try with giving the lone striker a support role (either as DLF, PF or F9, depending on his attributes), so that he would leave more space for the guy (IFatt) on the left to drift inside. I would also consider giving the right CM the role of APM on attack, but then the RB would need to be more conservative, lest your right flank be defensively vulnerable. So this is what I would try first (solely in terms of roles and duties):

PF/DLFsu

IFatt                                    Wsu

CAR     APMatt

HB/ACM

WBsu     CD     CD      IWBde

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what you might change regarding team instructions to improve the tactic overall, as I don't know anything about your players and their strengths and weaknesses.

4 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

This guy isn't bad, but isn't an outstanding player either. And he can play as an IF, but not sure if you can make him the main goal-scoring threat. You could try with giving the lone striker a support role (either as DLF, PF or F9, depending on his attributes), so that he would leave more space for the guy (IFatt) on the left to drift inside. I would also consider giving the right CM the role of APM on attack, but then the RB would need to be more conservative, lest your right flank be defensively vulnerable. So this is what I would try first (solely in terms of roles and duties):

PF/DLFsu

IFatt                                    Wsu

CAR     APMatt

HB/ACM

WBsu     CD     CD      IWBde

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what you might change regarding team instructions to improve the tactic overall, as I don't know anything about your players and their strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks for your opinion I will try it. Another possible is use my lone forward to be main scorer (Fiete Arp is really great for me) but in my opinion the "scorer from second wave" is more dangerous than classic lone forward. I bought Tonnali as my creative number 6 but lost another forward (which I use in this IFa role before) so I need to find balance for my system and players.

1 hour ago, Tyrinko said:

Another possible is use my lone forward to be main scorer (Fiete Arp is really great for me) but in my opinion the "scorer from second wave" is more dangerous than classic lone forward

I agree. Especially in this kind of system, where the lone FW lacks more direct support behind.

On 14/01/2019 at 20:49, Experienced Defender said:

I agree. Especially in this kind of system, where the lone FW lacks more direct support behind.

I change system a little bit (thanks to your advice). The question is - Is it better to have my creative player next to IFa (as a MCL) or as a MCR??? Still wants to have my IF AS my primary goalscorer.. 

IMG_20190116_205228.jpg

1 hour ago, Tyrinko said:

The question is - Is it better to have my creative player next to IFa (as a MCL) or as a MCR??? Still wants to have my IF AS my primary goalscorer

But who is your "creative player" in this system? You have a CAR (MCL) and CMa (MCR), none of which is a creator. Anyway, it does not matter whether your main creative player will play next to the IF or on the other side. You should rather take care that the setup id well-balanced and has enough defensive cover. For example, in this particular system you can play an APM on attack duty as MCR (instead of CMa). 

52 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

But who is your "creative player" in this system? You have a CAR (MCL) and CMa (MCR), none of which is a creator. Anyway, it does not matter whether your main creative player will play next to the IF or on the other side. You should rather take care that the setup id well-balanced and has enough defensive cover. For example, in this particular system you can play an APM on attack duty as MCR (instead of CMa).

My MCR as a CMa is runner with PPM "tried killer ball often" so i take him as a "creator. I am thinking about change my MCL as a holding creator as he can use through balls from deep to my IF. 

Second think is that if MCR as a Mezzala won't be better than CMa.

It's well balanced and defensive solid, but i want more 😁 

53 minutes ago, Tyrinko said:

I am thinking about change my MCL as a holding creator as he can use through balls from deep to my IF

Then a DLP on support would be my choice.

55 minutes ago, Tyrinko said:

Second think is that if MCR as a Mezzala won't be better than CMa

Who mentioned a Mezzala? I didn't.

9 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Then a DLP on support would be my choice.

Who mentioned a Mezzala? I didn't

I was thinking about Mezzala as a replacement to my CMa to create overload on the right and create 1on1 on the left flank ( open space for my IF). As a APa instead of CMa, I don't think that it is runner as CMa. Is it more creative role than runner from second wave isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Tyrinko said:

I was thinking about Mezzala as a replacement to my CMa to create overload on the right and create 1on1 on the left flank ( open space for my IF). As a APa instead of CMa, I don't think that it is runner as CMa. Is it more creative role than runner from second wave isn't it?

If you want to create an overload, that's something different. But for overloads to work, you need a really good players who can keep the ball under pressure long enough (they need good first touch, off the ball, passing, composure, technique, decisions...). So, for an overload on the right to free up your IF on the left, I would look for something like this:

PFsu

IFatt                                   APMsu

DLPsu    CAR

HB

WBsu       CD       CD          FBsu

And when you use overloads, you should not use them as a part of your starting tactic, but only at a certain point during a match, i.e. when your team struggles heavily to break down the opposition defense. You may also need to adapt some team and/or player instructions (in addition to roles and duties).

You can also use a CM on support instead of CAR in MCR.

Archived