Regens/Newgen with very low PA

Well, i'm creating a new country (overwritting an old one) and I created the leagues and cups and teams from 0, all that is good. Even I edited the parametres of the country, the youth rating and attributes (and also to the MAX) but the newgen at the beginning no one surpase 120 PA, even when I passed many years their potential is awful (the most of them only reach 120 PA and after 2 years 5-10 regens reach 150-180 potential even with full youth rating and all). 
I did exactly what I have done before in other edition of football manager and it worked in a different way but a good one, not like this edition. Maybe a bug or what? I need a solution please.
And also I noticed that it has been extended to every game I start... I mean, I tried kicking the youth players from River Plate- Man. Utd- Barcelona so when i start a new game there should appear new regens at the beginning with good PA but they just reach 120 PA MAX
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted every folder, cache, everything and still the same. I need help please, I don't know what else to do, I think I tried everything...

Edit: Football Manager 2019

Does this happen only to the newgens in your new country?

Did you set a reasonable Youth Rating value for the country? Are its options for Economy and Importance set as "Developed" and "Important"?

Also, not every youth player at a top club has a high PA anyway, so the game will populate the now empty U18 team accordingly. Maybe not a single player >120 is a bit odd, but it depends on the size of the sample you analyzed.

hace 3 horas, RBKalle dijo:

Does this happen only to the newgens in your new country?

Well I started a new game with my new country and also with Germany and Argentina and it's the same

Did you set a reasonable Youth Rating value for the country? Are its options for Economy and Importance set as "Developed" and "Important"?

Yes I set a reasonable Youth Rating but the regens never overpass 120 PA so I set it to the max and still the same.

Also, not every youth player at a top club has a high PA anyway, so the game will populate the now empty U18 team accordingly. Maybe not a single player >120 is a bit odd, but it depends on the size of the sample you analyzed.

I know but every player with 120 PA max in every team and restarting over and over again and having the same result...

I remember when the game had been released I started with this project and I did a fast try of my league and the PA was different. So I saved it and resumed last week but now I have this problem. I thought it could be some update the problem, I dont know.

Well I think no one knows how to solve it and me neither. I spent many hours trying to figure it out what could be the problem but I didn't find anything.

If I could remove the updates at least to see if there is any change, but I don't know.

It's incredible... all the regens with the same PA 0 to 119 Max. And a few years later just 5-10 regens can surpase PA 150 to 200, but the rest of them their PA 0 to 119... Really... not even 124 or 132.

I will be playing FM 2017 until someone give me a solution or launch some new update. But for now I give up with it and with FM 2019.

IIRC the cap at the start was around 105/110 in older versions. Made sense to me: it's fair to assume that senior players in simulated leagues are already in the database if they have top division potential, and if clubs in simulated leagues don't have full squads in the editor it's probably an indication they've got problems and need the squad filling out with dross rather than an indication that they might have massive talents for their level that have somehow gone unnoticed.

@Neil Brock - perhaps the way to go is configurable variable(s) in the editor? I can see how someone creating a new nation or a "blank slate" Premier League might want senior players with abilities generated in the 140s and 150s at the start of the game, but obviously this happening in a normal save could unbalance things.

Wait a minute!!! :eek:

So it turns out ANY player added at the start of the game with the "add players to playable teams" option BY DESIGN has PA capped at 120?!

I see why it is in place, as most inactive leagues in Top Nations have most of their players loaded anyway (via editor or even by default because of reputation or whatever), so this could affect only youth teams or low-level sides.
Still, it's a bit of a problem with custom databases, like in the OP case, or with particularly odd game setups...

hace 35 minutos, RBKalle dijo:

Wait a minute!!! :eek:

So it turns out ANY player added at the start of the game with the "add players to playable teams" option BY DESIGN has PA capped at 120?!

I see why it is in place, as most inactive leagues in Top Nations have most of their players loaded anyway (via editor or even by default because of reputation or whatever), so this could affect only youth teams or low-level sides.
Still, it's a bit of a problem with custom databases, like in the OP case, or with particularly odd game setups...

And the problem is that even if you put all to the max, youth rating in the country, all the clubs with the best facilities, the best scout, max rep, everything you can imagine that can appear the best regens at the beginning. The PA capped at 119, not even 120 :P

But at least they said they will fix it so i'm waiting patiently.

8 ore fa, Maersy ha scritto:

And the problem is that even if you put all to the max, youth rating in the country, all the clubs with the best facilities, the best scout, max rep, everything you can imagine that can appear the best regens at the beginning. The PA capped at 119, not even 120 :P

But things should go back to normal with the first Youth Intake during the first season, so the problem only affects the "filler players" during the game's initialization.

I can see why SI did it, as they probably didn't expect it to affect actual first-team players in active and playable country... Of course it is a big issue with user-created nations and leagues (real or fantasy, it doesn't matter) where the game itself has to generate most of the new players from the start.

Then again, most user-created leagues are either low divisions in existing nations or top leagues in smaller nations not included in the original db, so for both scenarios a top PA of 119 is likely more than enough... Say, you're adding the 3rd or 4th tier to a playable country or you're creating the Andorran Premier Division... neither will have 120PA players from the get go.

BTW, not saying it's a great idea to have a PA cap, because other factors like Youth Rating, Nation/League/Club Reputation etc should already dictate the average quality of all FM-generated players.

8 ore fa, Maersy ha scritto:

But at least they said they will fix it so i'm waiting patiently. 

You're new to FM, aren't you? ;)

hace 4 horas, RBKalle dijo:

But things should go back to normal with the first Youth Intake during the first season, so the problem only affects the "filler players" during the game's initialization.

I can see why SI did it, as they probably didn't expect it to affect actual first-team players in active and playable country... Of course it is a big issue with user-created nations and leagues (real or fantasy, it doesn't matter) where the game itself has to generate most of the new players from the start.

Then again, most user-created leagues are either low divisions in existing nations or top leagues in smaller nations not included in the original db, so for both scenarios a top PA of 119 is likely more than enough... Say, you're adding the 3rd or 4th tier to a playable country or you're creating the Andorran Premier Division... neither will have 120PA players from the get go.

BTW, not saying it's a great idea to have a PA cap, because other factors like Youth Rating, Nation/League/Club Reputation etc should already dictate the average quality of all FM-generated players.

You're new to FM, aren't you? ;)

Well I would be agreed with you  only if, after a few years, the problem was solved. In my game, after a couple of years, the PA for most of the regens is 119 the limit. So after 2 years I have 5 to 10 regens with PA 150 to 200 but the rest of them PA 119. there is no one with PA 122 or 131. It would be better for example if they have low PA but diverse, not just all of them PA 119.

And yes i'm new, I trust they will solve it. I hope they are not like dayz developers...

5 minuti fa, Maersy ha scritto:

Well I would be agreed with you  only if, after a few years, the problem was solved. In my game, after a couple of years, the PA for most of the regens is 119 the limit. So after 2 years I have 5 to 10 regens with PA 150 to 200 but the rest of them PA 119. there is no one with PA 122 or 131. It would be better for example if they have low PA but diverse, not just all of them PA 119.

Then it must be a bug...

Have you tried starting a new save with the default db to see if the issue is still there with added players and future newgens?

5 minuti fa, Maersy ha scritto:

And yes i'm new, I trust they will solve it. I hope they are not like dayz developers...

SI are great, but sometimes their priority for bug fixes and feature tweaks are a tad odd...

Archived