532 using a mezzala

A mezzala can fit pretty well into a 532, provided you have the right player not only for that role but for the whole system. In terms of roles and duties, it can be done in a number of ways. But you need to pay attention to the balance and make sure there is sufficient defensive cover for more attack-minded players. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Corperate said:

I am looking to replicate Conte's Juventus 5122 tactic with Pogba as a mezzala

I haven't specifically analyze that particular Conte's tactic with Juve, but if you are talking about 5122 with a DM, 2 WBs, 2 CMs and 2 strikers, I can give you a couple of ideas on a potential setup of roles and duties (with a mezzala included). 

An example 1:

DLFsu   AF

MEZat     CAR

WBsu      DLPde      (C)WBsu

CDde   CDco   CDde

An example 2:

DLFsu    AF

CAR     MEZsu

WBat      DLPde     WBsu/de

CDde    CDco    CDde

An example 3:

DLFsu     AF

MEZat      BBM

WBsu      DLPde      WBsu/de

CDde   CDco    CDde

Or if you want a (bit) more conservative setup, maybe something like this:

PFsu    AF

MEZsu    DLPsu

WBsu/de    ACM      WBsu

CDde   CDco    CDde

4 minutes ago, haagendasz said:

I love this formation back on FM17 with Emerson Hyndman as my Regista at Lorient FC in League 1.

I used Hydman in my FM18 Sunderland save, but not as a regista. I played him in a CM position, sometimes as a DLP, APM or RPM. A very good player :thup:

Just now, Experienced Defender said:

I used Hydman in my FM18 Sunderland save, but not as a regista. I played him in a CM position, sometimes as a DLP, APM or RPM. A very good player :thup:

He was quite versatile as playmaker, funny story about Hyndman on my Lorient save was I got this Algiers playmaker asking for very high salary when we got promoted, I refused to gave the raise them proceed to sell him. Bournemouth came to bid and I asked for exchange with Hyndman they accepted it and the transfer went through smoothly. Hyndman became my key player  for us to qualify for UCL and my Algiers playmaker rotten in Bournemouth first team only played less than 10 games for each season he was there.

Archived