The Charlton Athletic Thread: Season 04/05

FMaddick

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

Hmm. That was a suprise icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno if you were joking or not but I wasn't all that suprised, it was typical charlton

We had such a good result vs Spurs, everyone's talking about Europe and then we stuff up against a team we could easily beat

Why did curbs change a team that beat spurs 2-0? It makes you wonder sometimes what he's thinking

Though I do admit the ref was rubbish, we should still have won

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

Hmm. That was a suprise icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno if you were joking or not but I wasn't all that suprised, it was typical charlton

We had such a good result vs Spurs, everyone's talking about Europe and then we stuff up against a team we could easily beat

Why did curbs change a team that beat spurs 2-0? It makes you wonder sometimes what he's thinking

Though I do admit the ref was rubbish, we should still have won </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no no no. you cant blame the team or curbs for this one (for once icon_biggrin.gif ). this was down to the ref giving EVERYTHING against us. how comes when geoff "i'm a dirty tosspot" horsfield takes off mark fish's shirt, WBA get a freekick??? icon_confused.gif

the sending off was never a sending off. the west brom players surrounding El-Karkouri was a disgrace. the referee TALKED to the west brom players and sent him off! icon_eek.gif

even robbo said it was harsh. and last night on motd i had to scream at the telly 6 or 7 times to show my digust at either halsey, west brom or the line-o.

after performances like this its no wonder referees get death threats. i myself want to put him in a meat blender.

We just had no luck at all, if West Brom didn't win they would deserve to go down as we just couldn't do anything right.

I expect if you look on some other sites we'll have people that were predicting Europe after the Spurs win now saying we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10.

El Karkouri had both feet forward, but he was tackling (going for the ball as well) with one foot, it wasn't a dirty tackle going for the players legs.

Thomas got hacked down, yet the ref plays on, and theres also that thing with Fish, how can West Brom get a free kick after Fish has his shirt taken off. It makes no sense.

If that was Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc everyone would be going mad making a big fuss about it. I can't remember a ref being that poor, it wasn't the defeat thats annoying just some of worst decisions every single time.

What happened with Jeffers? Is he injured again? We really should get back to 4-4-2 as it seems 4-5-1 either works very well or very badly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

We just had no luck at all, if West Brom didn't win they would deserve to go down as we just couldn't do anything right.

I expect if you look on some other sites we'll have people that were predicting Europe after the Spurs win now saying we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10.

El Karkouri had both feet forward, but he was tackling (going for the ball as well) with one foot, it wasn't a dirty tackle going for the players legs.

Thomas got hacked down, yet the ref plays on, and theres also that thing with Fish, how can West Brom get a free kick after Fish has his shirt taken off. It makes no sense.

If that was Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc everyone would be going mad making a big fuss about it. I can't remember a ref being that poor, it wasn't the defeat thats annoying just some of worst decisions every single time.

What happened with Jeffers? Is he injured again? We really should get back to 4-4-2 as it seems 4-5-1 either works very well or very badly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say go 4-4-2 for the rest of the season, I know we won't, but we have nothing to lose

And apparently Jeffers had 'an illness'. I think time's just counting down til he leaves, unless he plays a few matches this season

i think this sums it up...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

10 man Charlton defeated by 12 man Baggies

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we still should of won even if we were playing against the ref as well.

it's just typical charlton, after every good result there's a bad one.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=264647&cpid=&CLID=33&lid=&title=Are+you+a+football+Addick?&channel=Premiership

Anyone want to be our fanzone commentator? icon_biggrin.gif

The reserves beat Portsmouth 2-1, 2 more points from 3 games and we will win the league again icon_cool.gif Which also means we would play in the new final thing against the Northern champions, would be at The Valley as well.

Laurie Wilson is meant to be a really bad player though, according to Sheer Class the Portsmouth Researcher icon_frown.gif

I don't understnad this clamour for the 4-4-2 when it clearly doesn't suit the players we have, compared to 4-5-1 which is perfect for our players.

And this 'it's defensive' stuff just doesn't wash - it's in no way defensive, it allows us to have Murphy, Thomas, Rommedahl/Johansson, and Bartlett on the pitch at the same time without being overrun.

It's perfect for us, and I don't see any reason to change it whatsoever. If we could get Kezman for that lone striker role, then I think we'd be in brilliant shape. Bartlett does a great job, but just doesn't score enough, and the lone striker doesn't have to be of a target man type - there's no reason why Jeffers couldn't play there tbh.

When supported by the wingers there are basically 3 up front, so he should be able to do fine. I mean look at chelsea - they follow the same system, albeit with far superior players, but the structure of it is perfectly suited to us.

I don't understnad this clamour for the 4-4-2 when it clearly doesn't suit the players we have, compared to 4-5-1 which is perfect for our players.

And this 'it's defensive' stuff just doesn't wash - it's in no way defensive, it allows us to have Murphy, Thomas, Rommedahl/Johansson, and Bartlett on the pitch at the same time without being overrun.

It's perfect for us, and I don't see any reason to change it whatsoever. If we could get Kezman for that lone striker role, then I think we'd be in brilliant shape. Bartlett does a great job, but just doesn't score enough, and the lone striker doesn't have to be of a target man type - there's no reason why Jeffers couldn't play there tbh.

When supported by the wingers there are basically 3 up front, so he should be able to do fine. I mean look at chelsea - they follow the same system, albeit with far superior players, but the structure of it is perfectly suited to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel we should go 4-4-2 for the remaining games of the season, we have nothing to lose and if it works/doesn't it will tell us what formation to play next year and who to purchase

We do have something to lose - a european spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if we get results like we did on Saturday we've got no chance of Europe

We are going to miss El Karkouri badly, he's our best Central defender

Hopefully Mark Fish doesn't play though

It must be Perry and Fortune, with Fish on the bench.

Maybe then keep 4-5-1 but play Jeffers and keep the ball on the ground, and get Rommedahl/JJ and Thomas getting into the box more (Murphy as well I guess). We haven't had a penalty this season, if our wingers ran with the ball into the box instead of crossing we could have loads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

It must be Perry and Fortune, with Fish on the bench.

Maybe then keep 4-5-1 but play Jeffers and keep the ball on the ground, and get Rommedahl/JJ and Thomas getting into the box more (Murphy as well I guess). We haven't had a penalty this season, if our wingers ran with the ball into the box instead of crossing we could have loads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, gotta be Perry and Fortune

Lisbie earnt us a penalty in the reserves yesterday, I think he could do a good job coming off the bench

And we've got to give Jeffers a go some time this season, otherwise he'll be off and it's unlikely we'd get another such good a player with the money we'd have to sell him for

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sivy:

maybe HH can go into central defence with Perry and have Konchesky in LB?

is Sankofa still injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno about Osei, did he play for the reserves, don't think so, I think he's still injured

I don't think it would work because we really need HH as an attacking defender that he does so well, plus I'm liking Konch in central midfield

stick with 4-5-1. its done us good so far this season. dont fix what aint broke. mess about w/ formations in pre-season. anyways here's what the line-up should be:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kiely

Young Perry Fortune Hermann

Rommedahl Murphy Kishishev Holland Konchesky

Bartlett </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Academy graduation

Charlton academy duo Danny Phillips and Adam Cottrell are the latest youngsters to be retained by the club.

Following on from the professional contracts signed by Darren Randolph, Rob Elliot, Nathan Ashton and James Walker in the last five months, the club has decided to offer 17-year-olds Phillips and Cottrell one-year extensions to their existing academy contracts.

"We are delighted to be able to offer Danny and Adam a third-year extension to their contracts," said academy manager Steve Gritt.

"Certainly, since I arrived at the club in the summer, both players have shown that they are very capable footballers with a great attitude. Having said that, neither player has had the chance to establish himself in the reserves."

Steve added: "Their potential is undoubted, but the academy staff and the senior management need to see them play more reserve games before we can make a decision about whether or not to offer them professional contracts and we are hopeful they will accept the extra year."

Both players will be looking to establish themselves in the reserves next season, but defender Bob Thanda and Australian midfielder Wayne 'Fred' Wilson have been told they are being released and have already started the process of finding themselves a new club - with Charlton's assistance.

Indeed, on Wednesday it was revealed that both players have joined up with Conference South club Bishop's Stortford to gain playing experience.

They both featured in exit trials at Lilleshall recently, and the Stortford deal was one of many promising leads for the duo.

Stortford, currently eighth in the table, are also still in the FA Trophy which is at the semi-final stage and Thanda and Wilson have been given permission to feature in the competition.

Stortford face Hucknall Town in the last four over two legs, taking place on April 2nd and 9th.

"There is always a down side at this stage of the season, and this was the case with Bob and Fred," said Gritt.

"Throughout their time at the club, both players have proved that they are very good players with very good temperaments, but we felt that they were not quite up to the standard required here.

"However, everyone in the academy, as well as the senior management, is agreed that they are both good enough to find themselves another club in the Football League and be successful."

A decision has yet to be made on left-back Adam Gross, who started as the reserves beat Portsmouth 2-1 on Tuesday night.

"Adam is another player that has been very consistent during his time in the Charlton academy, but he needs to play more games," said Steve.

"A decision will not be made on him until the end of the season."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more academy people coming through icon14.gif

why is the aussie wayne wilson called fred? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellz2002:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kiely

Rommedahl Murphy Holland Konchesky Thomas

Bartlett </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats better icon_smile.gif

according to the news of the world both Jeffers and Rommadahl are to be sold in the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sivy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellz2002:

Bartlett </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats better icon_smile.gif

according to the news of the world both Jeffers and Rommadahl are to be sold in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree with that team, would be my first choice without El Karkouri

Yer I read on teletext that Jeffers and possibly Rommedahl to be sold, would we get much for them to make it worthwile on either's performance this season

Jeffers needs a chance and I think he'd be good, but not in 4-5-1

It also said elsewhere triple departure, probably meaning Euell?

If all 3 were sold for around £2-3m each, that would be a decent enough transfer kitty, but I also don't think he'll sell Jeffers or Rommedahl, but it wouldn't suprise me if he got rid of Euell

i doubt if we would get much more than £1.5m for Jeffers.

after the Villa game at the start of the season it looked as if we might of actually have a striker who could score more than 6 goals a season.

then we kept getting thrashed away from home so Curbs changed it to 4-5-1 and Jeffers hasn’t had a look in since.

I think the problem with Jeffers is mental, he wont like waiting for his chance. the longer he doesn’t get in the team the more frustrated he will get. Then when he does get a chance he’ll probably end up getting sent off.

I think the best thing for Jeffers to do is move to a promotion-chasing championship side.

I'd say the same for Lisble too. he's just not consistently good enough to be in a top 10 premiership side.

as for Rommedahl, he obviously has had problems adjusting to premiership football. and the fact he’s now playing in a defensive-minded team, which he isn't used to.

But he is a good player and i think he could do well if he adjusts.

if we could find a striker who can put them away consistently, then having two quick and skilful wingers like Rom & Thomas would work wonders.

and we should have sold Euell t0 Palace for £2.5m, or whatever it was Jordan said he offered. we also should of let Fulham have Fish.

according to clubcall.com Southampton are still keen on Euell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and we should have sold Euell t0 Palace for £2.5m, or whatever it was Jordan said he offered. we also should of let Fulham have Fish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wouldn't have much cover especially in defence though, Sankofa is injured as well remember.

Its time for Euell to go I think, as long as we can get a decent offer for him.

Fish was a good defender and played well on many occasions for us. but unfortunately the only thing he has done lately to impress me was to throw himself through a coffee table. I would rather curbs took a gamble and used some of our youngsters as cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

Looks like 'the' Sasa Ilic has signed for Leeds on non contract terms </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are getting desperate icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

oh and clubcall also say that Man Utd are interested in Kiely. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a big thread I posted about that icon_wink.gif

Kiely

Young Perry El Karkouri Hermann

Jeffers

Why not try that and keep the ball on the ground, and get the midfield forward more?

Obviously Fortune while TEK is banned.

Fish was a good defender and played well on many occasions for us. but unfortunately the only thing he has done lately to impress me was to throw himself through a coffee table. I would rather curbs took a gamble and used some of our youngsters as cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which youngsters? So would I but Sankofa is injured, the rest don't even have squad numbers. I guess if we had to Young and HH can play in the centre and one of the young fullbacks could be used, that Ashton (left back) signed a pro contract, wouldn't be suprised if a few of them got a squad number soon, if not next season.

Ricketts didn't play in the last reserve game, so he might be injured as well. I forget about Kishishev, used to him being a midfielder really. I can't see Curbs using youngsters - especially not defenders, unless there is no choice. He would just move the other players around icon_frown.gif

yeah i forgot about thomas. dont ask me how or why but i did! icon_biggrin.gif

jeffers does need to go, its best for everyone. keep fishy and fortune for backup. euell i would like to see stay cos he's a good player.

we've got plenty of youngsters but the point is that they need more experience, a lot more experience, before going into the first team. maybe let them train with the first team, introduce them slowly in cup matches and friendlies or what have you.

i can't blame sir alan really. and yes, he will become Sir Alan Curbs one day. icon_biggrin.gif

we are interested in this Bristol City kid as well, check planetfootball for details there.

Sasa Ilic eh? icon_biggrin.gif i remember when he helped us into premiership, remember his save against newcastle on the opening day of the season? the game where rufus got sent off. that was good. then he got injured. royce got into the team. we got relegated, got Dean Kiely, Ilic went on loan to West Ham, played 1 game, let in 5 icon_biggrin.gif

Leeds are screwed! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as for Rommedahl, he obviously has had problems adjusting to premiership football. and the fact he’s now playing in a defensive-minded team, which he isn't used to.

But he is a good player and i think he could do well if he adjusts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think we're defense minded icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as for Rommedahl, he obviously has had problems adjusting to premiership football. and the fact he’s now playing in a defensive-minded team, which he isn't used to.

But he is a good player and i think he could do well if he adjusts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think we're defense minded icon_smile.gif

And I agree with Soham, give Jeffers a chance with teh 4-5-1, it could work (tbh i'm sure curbs has put him there in training matches etc.)

From what I remember he's actually a very very good headerer of the ball, and although he can't hold it up in the same way as Bartlett can, he adds something totally different - prolific finishing.

When people think of a 4-5-1 they think - has to be a traget man type up front - but why?? Gudjohnsen has been used there by chelsea (as well as Kezman a few times) and neither of them are Bartlett type players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When people think of a 4-5-1 they think - has to be a traget man type up front - but why?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone assumes its a defensive formation, mainly long balls for 1 striker to hold up, which it doesn't have to be. Push Murphy and the wingers up and Jeffers would have plenty of support. Its like how people think you need a 'forward' and a 'striker' playing together or a 'big target man' playing with a 'small quick striker', which isn't really true. Jeffers and Lisbie together didn't look too bad, while Spurs fans were saying its impossible for Keane and Defoe to play together.

just read something interesting on forever charlton...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ANSCHUTZ Entertainment Group (AEG), the American company spending £1 billion to resurrect the Millennium Dome, has said that it may build an arena in Paris or buy a Premiership football club as it expands into Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mr Leiweke said there was no plan to buy live entertainment companies in Europe, but did not rule out adding a Premiership football club. He said he was based “mostly in London†while AEG works on the Dome, which he described as “Mr Anschutz’s largest ever single investmentâ€. As a part-time Londoner he has developed an affinity for Chelsea and Arsenal football clubs and has “a lot of respect for Charltonâ€. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

($) ($)

^ dollar signs in eyes

They're richer than abramovich - but like gradual progression icon14.gif

I really really doubt anything will come of it, and that wouldn't dissapoint me greatly. I certainly wouldn't like us splashing huge cash on a whole new team or anything like that - but an investment would certainly be nice.

I saw that the other day, don't think I'd want anything like that, as exciting as it sounds. Its not the same as doing things the proper way, buying the league and all that.

I don’t think it would be the same as Roman buying Chelsea, because it’s an actual company looking to invest. not some superrich mad Russian, who probably wipes his arse on £50 notes while seating on his solid gold toilet in his barthroom made from diamonds.

no, they would just want to give a little boost to our steady progression... maybe an extra £10m for players... maybe raise the wage cap by £10k... a better mascot costume.. big breasted lesbian cheerleaders during half-times... that sort of thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Portsmouth would be a better bet imo icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except you'll be in the championship next year icon_smile.gif

p.s. that isn't because you've come in here, I do believe you'll be relegated, put a bet on it when redknapp left. Never underestimate the power of a shambles.

whats wrong with our current team? no i think we doing things just nicely. but a few more million cant hurt! icon_biggrin.gif

btw Scoham, RedRob, Sivy et al can you please tell me why the f*ck have we got a dog and cat as our mascots? have i got it right that they have them as they are "family" images or something? why not have a guy with a big sword or something? or something at least relevant!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Portsmouth would be a better bet imo icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except you'll be in the championship next year icon_smile.gif

p.s. that isn't because you've come in here, I do believe you'll be relegated, put a bet on it when redknapp left. Never underestimate the power of a shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 80% confident we will scrape through this year..next year however could be a different story icon_frown.gif Not with the stuff I was hearing at the reserve team game yesterday icon_frown.gif

Ex Charlton keeper Ben Roberts has hung up his boots at the age of 29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Roberts hangs up boots

Ben Roberts has decided to retire from professional football at the age of 29 after failing in his battle to overcome a persistent back problem.

After ending last season on a high with the play-off final victory over Bristol City at The Millennium Stadium, this year has a been a season of anguish and heartache as the back injury has denied Roberts from making a single first-team appearance.

Thought to be disc trouble in his lower back, the injury has meant that Roberts has rarely been able to make it onto the training pitch, and the former Middlesbrough and Charlton stopper has spent much of the year in the treatment room.

Roberts told the club's official website: "Every time I go back into training I feel like I did going back as far as last July. My back problem seems to settle down with rest and then as soon as I go back into goalkeeping work its basically no better. I'm left with no alternative really.

"It has become soul destroying. You build up every day, you train and work hard with the thought that you're going to get back in training.

"Then literally as soon as I've got back into training - it's not like I even managed a good couple of weeks - as soon as I get back into training the problem remerges."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never understood us getting ben roberts tbh. though i feel sorry for any goalie coming in as htey are behind a goalkeeper who never gets injured. however if deano does get injured then will he get back into the team??

btw Reserves will hopefully win the league again tonight when we travel to Carrow Road

We lost £1.6m up to December 2004 in 6 months

I don't really know what to make of it, I always seem to think the chairman has everything under control

But if we're losing money, it would be useful to get of certain players in the summer (Euell in particular)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't think its anything to worry about. most clubs in the premiership lose money during the year, as most of the income comes at the end of a season or the beginning (sponsorships, prize money, TV money, season tickets etc.)

plus a lot of money is going into development (stadium, faculties etc.) so money is being spend, but it takes a while for it to pay off. Like the valley express, that must of cost a fortune to set-up. (coaches, drivers, advertising) and it's working but will take time to start showing a profit.

but yes, i do think a few players will be leaving in the summer - Euell most certainly, Jeffers possibly, maybe Romm (if you believe The Sun) and a couple of others no doubt.

We lost £1.6m up to December 2004 in 6 months

I don't really know what to make of it, I always seem to think the chairman has everything under control

But if we're losing money, it would be useful to get of certain players in the summer (Euell in particular)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't think its anything to worry about. most clubs in the premiership lose money during the year, as most of the income comes at the end of a season or the beginning (sponsorships, prize money, TV money, season tickets etc.)

plus a lot of money is going into development (stadium, faculties etc.) so money is being spend, but it takes a while for it to pay off. Like the valley express, that must of cost a fortune to set-up. (coaches, drivers, advertising) and it's working but will take time to start showing a profit.

but yes, i do think a few players will be leaving in the summer - Euell most certainly, Jeffers possibly, maybe Romm (if you believe The Sun) and a couple of others no doubt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right when I think about it, alot of it is long term investment such as the Express, plus we will get end of season money soon

I hope we win the reserves tonight, but look at the team we have put out!

No first teamers, with Stephan Andersen not even in the team!

Archived