Staff Responsibilities - Transfers

I am just wondering if anybody can help me with the staff responsibilities, specifically the transfers and contract renewals. How do backroom staff determine what is needed with the squad? My DOF is handling transfers (and has made a couple of amazing signings for me!) but my squad (including reserves) has only one LB. Can I ask him to find me a new LB? will he automatically look at the squad depth and go - ah! you only have one LB I will find you another one? 

An idea for the future, depending on the Chairman's philosophy have Head Coach or Manager positions advertised. If you are a Manager then have two coaches instead of a DOF or have a DOF if you are a Head Coach. I would love to be a Head Coach and be able to talk to my DOF and tell him what squad I need to work with and leave him to do his job. As a Head Coach the Scout would then come under the remit of the DOF or Chairman not me. It's something to think about with a bit of tinkering it could be perfect.

I would really like there to be a properly in depth manual, it's something that has annoyed me with FM for years. There's never any help with the mechanics of some features describing how it works, it's always - this is feature A... pick this if you would like this. 

staffres.png

Archived