ConIFA World Cup Problems!!!!

Sambamtime

So currently, I am making a new competition, the ConIFA World Cup, based off of the one in real life. So, in FM19, there are 16 non-FIFA nations (excluded Netherland Antilles, they are extinct in real life!). Out of those 16, I am trying to make a cup. I have done all the rules I can do, but I need someone to fix the problem:

ERROR IN INTERNATIONAL RULES

Wrong number of teams used in ConIFA, 24 added to stages,

16 teams in the competition.

Whenever I change 16 to 24 in the number of teams, it says this:

ERROR IN INTERNATIONAL RULES

ConIFA World Cup - Total number of teams entered for this

competition (16) is different to number of teams set in the cup

(24)

Can someone please help me with this? 

ConIFA World Cup.fmf

OK so here is what happened.

When you put in the knockout stage, you said that 8 teams started in that stage. What you meant was 8 teams QUALIFIED from the group stage. The game added the 16 teams that started in the group stage to the 8 teams that 'started' in the knockout stage and got to 24 teams.

You need to say that 0 teams start in the knockout stage.

One question - why do you have a third placed playoff? If 8 teams qualify from four groups, who qualifies from the Third-Placed playoff?

(I'm testing this in the game itself, I'll update you if I notice anything else)

20 hours ago, OspreyJ said:

OK so here is what happened.

When you put in the knockout stage, you said that 8 teams started in that stage. What you meant was 8 teams QUALIFIED from the group stage. The game added the 16 teams that started in the group stage to the 8 teams that 'started' in the knockout stage and got to 24 teams.

You need to say that 0 teams start in the knockout stage.

One question - why do you have a third placed playoff? If 8 teams qualify from four groups, who qualifies from the Third-Placed playoff?

(I'm testing this in the game itself, I'll update you if I notice anything else)

Well, if I am correct (which now that I saw this I don't think I am), I have the third place playoff as the third place match. I have a feeling they are two totally different things. I was trying to get a third place match, then a finals game. Also, thank you for noting my mistake. I did not realize what it meant, so thank you!

1 hour ago, OspreyJ said:

Yes, a third-placed playoff is between teams which finish third in the Group Stage. They had this in the most recent European Championship.

Oh, okay. Once you said that previously, I had a feeling that the third place playoff was not needed.

Is there a way to make a third place match before the actual finals?

Also, any updates?

No, it works fine...that said, you only put in the first playoff round. I think you need the semi-finals and final too.

I'm not sure if it's possible to add a third-placed playoff...I mean, I wouldn't know how. Perhaps the third placed playoff you were thinking of is correct, you just didn't tell the computer what teams qualify for it.

On 04/02/2019 at 20:42, OspreyJ said:

Oh! Heh...silly me

To add a third placed playoff, you need a semi final first. You need somewhere the teams qualify to the playoff from.

:seagull:

Well, I just decided to remove it completely now, because whenever I started the game, I would always give me a stoolkit error about one of the stages. So, I removed third place, and it works! Now, I just need to test the competition...

ConIFA World Cup.fmf

4 minutes ago, jbombstrikes said:

Can you play as any of these nations? I have massive interest in Conifa 

Only Tuvalu and maybe one other country, but yes. You can play almost all of those countries.

Load up Caribbean database and Oceania database when starting a new game in the advanced setup.

I think I made a few changes so here is updated just in case.

ConIFA World Cup.fmf

• 1 month later...

There are some clubs that effectively play as nations in tournaments like CONIFA and the Island Games. In FM you could use Guernsey, and is there a Jersey club now that uses most of their players? Froya and Hitra in Scandinavia are basically the same as their "national" teams. Saarema are in there, can't remember the club name.

On 31/03/2019 at 04:11, themodelcitizen said:

There are some clubs that effectively play as nations in tournaments like CONIFA and the Island Games. In FM you could use Guernsey, and is there a Jersey club now that uses most of their players? Froya and Hitra in Scandinavia are basically the same as their "national" teams. Saarema are in there, can't remember the club name.

Thanks for that! I will see if I can implement the clubs into the competition. But yeah, I kind of forgot about club teams being national teams

On 31/03/2019 at 04:11, themodelcitizen said:

Of course, I know Guernsey

Jersey has a team (Jersey Bulls FC), but they won't start playing until the 2019-2020 season in the Combined Counties League Division One https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Bulls_F.C.

Froya I found (Simply Froya FK)

Hitra, I couldn't find a team for them

Aland Islands is another good one I know about (IFK Mariehamn)

Saarema has 2 teams (FC Kuressaare, JK Sörve)

Archived