Remove “Likes to try to beat offsides trap” trait

3runhomer

Either delete or reprogram the “likes to try to beat the offside trap” player trait. It currently causes far too many offside penalties to be realistic. My striker has the trait and is offside 8 to 12 times per match.

I’ve been “discouraging” the trait in training for a year now and it hasn’t gone away yet.  That’s another thing that needs sorting. The trait should be able to be unlearned much quicker than a year.

Here’s an example of my striker going offside over and over:

724C81A6-405B-4111-883A-C8D708A4D637.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you provide more evidence of this trait is causing far too many offside in a game/season, please? If you do, it is worth upload the save to SI Cloud service for us to look at. Thank you.

I can’t find anywhere in the game that tracks the number of times a player has gone offside. (This would be a useful thing to add to the stats.). So I can’t provide evidence. 

And I play FM Touch on iPad so I don’t think uploading the save is an option. 

You could easily replicate the problem by putting the trait on any advanced forward and watch a match. He’ll go offside just about every time the ball comes his way. (Actually that might not work with super-talented advanced forwards. Their talent might protect them from the bad trait. But it should work with any non-star advanced forward). 

Also, do you have any insight into why the trait won’t go away? It is now August of the second season I’ve had this team, and the trait shows no sign of going away. I’ve been discouraging it in training the entire save. 

You can see offside stats under "player detailed" in the "attacking" section. All three of my strikers have it, and since I play a slightly direct, "play ball into space" style they're all at the top of the charts despite being rotated. I assume that's fair though. Maybe it's not a great that they all have it but I doubt it's worth taking the time to train the least fast and least far forward one out of it when there are other things to focus on and, as you say, it seems to take forever.

image.png

Archived