Creating tactics together

Hello everyone!!

I want to create thread where everyone can better understand how can role works together and put your ideas what could be better and discuss about it.

I am a big LFC fan and I like the role of Mo Salah as a wide forward from last season (or from last match against Bournemouth), so my priority will be create a tactics where a wideman is my primary goalscorer (not only goalscorer).

I found some tactics explanation from match against Bournemouth here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/totalfootballanalysis.com/match-analysis/liverpool-bournemouth-premier-league-tactical-analysis-statistics/amp.

My key goals for tactics would be -

1. Play from defense

2. High scoring possesion football

3. LW as my primary goalscorer

As I want to play high scoring possesion I am thinking about POSITIVE mentality -why? (Because I believe that it brings shorter passing on defense -playing from defense, in attack it is with more risks than standard)

Line-up : SKs - Wbs, CBd, CBd, FBs -DMd - RPMs, MEZs - IFs, Wa - CFs

4-1-2-2-1 (4-1-4-1 DM)

Setup -

GK - Sweeper support - i want to my GK as a Sweeper behind my high defensive line and be deepest passing option for my CBs.

RB -Wingback support - more attacking than FB but still available for support teammates. Help to provide width at right

CBs - two classic defenders to pass the ball from defense (due to high line I prefer to have one faster and one with great positioning)

LB - fullback support - player who is more defensive than WB and protect the left flank due to the attacking player infront of him. Still available to pass from defense and midfield - helping with creating from back

DM - Defensive midfielder defend - player who is first defender against counter attacks. In transition helping to create from the back/ deepest midfielder when attacking. I am not sure about this role, maybe can change to Halfback in future (often because opposition two striker formations)

CMr - Roaming playmaker - this player is a heartbeat of a team, maybe best and most important in the squad. I want him to come deep to help with playing from the back, dribbling, playing one twos with teammates and creating holes in opposition formation with his movement/passing.

CMl - Mezzala support - the most attacking player in my midlefield. I want him to operate in left halfspace to create space to my Winger and support him with through balls.

RW- IFs - my inside forward which i want in right halfspace to either shoot from distance or play pass to my running winger/ Complete forward.

LW - My man. Winger on attack. It's not traditional goalscoring role but I believe it is possible to create goalscorer from this position. My idea is that he is wide which stretch the defense  and create space in channels (between FB and CB) for pass from either Mezzala or RPM and due to his pace, acceleration and off the ball he will use this space to score or assist. This role is twerked by PPMs. I want to Gets forward whenever possible, Drift inside with ball.

CF - Complete forward support - This player is creator, supporter and scorer in one. I want him to roam around to recieve the pass or create holes in defense, support the another forwards (either with his movement or passing) and scores goals.

Team instructions -

Slower tempo

Higher LOE

Higher defensive line

Countrepress

This is my tactics theory, I would love opinions from another managers to better understand tactics.

Just now, Experienced Defender said:

Do you intend to test this tactic with LFC or some other team in FM?

I want to test it with my HSV team in 4th season. Screenshot od players will be when i came home from work. But tactics is similar to LFC but with another players.

1 minute ago, Tyrinko said:

I want to test it with my HSV team in 4th season. Screenshot od players will be when i came home from work

Good :thup:

1 minute ago, Tyrinko said:

But tactics is similar to LFC but with another players

This tactic might prove good and work well, but I don't think it's similar to LFC's tactic in real life under Klopp. LFC definitely do not play on lower tempo (for example).

2 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Good :thup:

This tactic might prove good and work well, but I don't think it's similar to LFC's tactic in real life under Klopp. LFC definitely do not play on lower tempo (for example).

It's just theory on paper, I don't know if it work, I need to test it and twerk it.

It's not definetly LFC tactics - only inspiration. Klopp is playing on lower mentality often this season to control ball and save energy. Last match was a lot about countrepress. "Lower tempo" is because my front three was so often isolated and cannot create chances and after reading @herne79 thread about possesion (great reading, thanks for it) I try it and results + game looks so better.

After playing 4 matches my Winger scored 4 goals which is great. But I am not really happy because when he is in the box so often it is from side - it is not great angle to score especially if you left footed.
I will go and try to analyse where my issues are - creating chances, support or movement. For this moment here are my KEY players:
image.thumb.png.a113f3d14cc59873ee18611ea5accdf0.png
Jens Ache - My MAN - Winger attack 

image.thumb.png.e44af253e35f23a55f1f1f45255b2eb3.png
Thiago Almada - My own Kevin de Bruyne - Roaming playmaker (but didn´t start in this 4 games because of injury)

Thanks for feedback.

10 hours ago, Tyrinko said:

am not really happy because when he is in the box so often it is from side - it is not great angle to score especially if you left footed

Would you mind trying him as a RMD? I mean, RMD also plays in wide forward positions, but is more of a "goal-scoring" role than a standard winger. And this guy has the attributes needed for a good RMD.

10 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Would you mind trying him as a RMD? I mean, RMD also plays in wide forward positions, but is more of a "goal-scoring" role than a standard winger. And this guy has the attributes needed for a good RMD.

I was thinking about it today. But i am not sure about positioning od Raumdeuter. Second problems are about my support to this player. I need adapt to get most from this man. He has ability to be best in the world.

Archived