Lets be 'avin you!

Mandy42

With my other thread Blue is the Colour as my starting point i am branching out slowly towards adventures worthy of @Makoto Nakamura and his inspirational whole of Europe or A-Z of the world saves.

One day I might leave England, one day I might be youth only, one day I might even attempt to be Alex Ferguson or any of the other delightful challenges on the challenge thread.

But for my 1st none Chelsea foray, they say the first step of any journey is the hardest so I am making my first step a baby one.

This time I will be....

Lying About my Age*

Will attempt to stick with the names of songs as post titles (gimmick) as long as possible. Revealing my new (if not young) face of management:

Delia.thumb.jpg.762efb0eff7206ddd82d7d0f782f9fe8.jpg

Now, if you had ever wondered why Delia Smith decided to stop doing TV cookery shows in 2013 it was not because Nigella and Mary Berry sent the boys round and threatened to break he kneecaps if she didn't. It was because she secretly began collecting her football management coaching badges. All waiting for the day when (unlike real life) the club was unable to attract an amazing (but rather camp sounding) German manager and she was unfortunately thrust in to take the job on herself.

Job.thumb.jpg.b49f32c1d7b6ff2ceea4cb4917dcad7f.jpg

It's official, although the game would not allow me to give her, her proper birth date! so we have lied about our age and are a few years younger than we should be. Oh well. This save will run until either I am sacked, or Norwich have won every trophy available to them at their current league position or above. So that's:

Sky Bet Championship

Premier league

FA cup

Carabao Cup

Community shield

Europa league

Champions league

European super cup

World club championship

9 honours to go for! Lets hope Delia lives long enough! 

lets get into it

*Erica Sigurdson

At the Beginning*

In the beginning there were injuries, lots and lots of injuries 

Injuries.thumb.jpg.016b03afd3a6fae29e6ee83453fb86aa.jpg

At least 6 of those players would get in or around the 1st team, in all honesty I haven't even looked at Carlton Morris out a full year with injury his stats aren't important to me. Preseason went well, however with the caveat that the team I am playing through these games are basically whoever will fit into the formation and the ability to get them fit.

preseason.thumb.jpg.ee6af5a092afea5a33d8438ce27abc0a.jpg 

The defeat to Coventry was annoying, we had 20 attempts at goal, but only 9 on target, Coventry won a penalty and that was their only real chance. Highlights were the Hertha BSC win against the hardest team of the preseason they got their only goal in stoppage time in a game we dominated. That win also meant

cup.thumb.jpg.d80bf94956d29fec6b06a6368b46c098.jpg

Does that count as silverware? ;)

Moving forward the board have set me the following expectations

expectations.thumb.jpg.d22592dcac7afae584be2169df59b398.jpg

And I have the following squad

squad.thumb.jpg.ce9df23c3bd0a07d01bc03f950e6d955.jpg

Lots of young potential, however not a great amount of cover and talent beyond the 1st 11, those injuries can't come back soon enough! With the current squad I have this is where I am expected to finish, which adds up with what the board wants me to accomplish

finish.thumb.jpg.51496b5f1e5c927695774de3ac5291f2.jpg

I've got hardly any money to spend, which is alright as the board want me to bring through so of that young talent, however I have brought in a few new faces.

Transfers.thumb.jpg.ebcb6684d49fd57616fd0c1d35c65930.jpg

With Matt Jarvis injured long term there is little to no cover on the left, coupled with Jamal Lewis being injured my left side is poor. Remi Matthews was a concluded transfer before I became manager, I've let nobody else go. Lucas Piazon has come in to help on the left, and I have a 20 year old French fullback on loan who I only have to pay when he plays, which means when Lewis returns from injury he costs me nothing. Unfortunately, Del Fabro for some reason doesn't sign until next Summer which is frustrating as centre back is another position I could benefit with better cover in. Moving into August we have the following fixtures

august.thumb.jpg.1f52d08781581215123cab92368b1be4.jpg

Decent chance of progressing in the cup, have two games against teams supposed to finish above us in the table, be a good way to get a measure of where we are compared to them and with them both being at home we can have a good go! Though in the 6-1 win against Livingston I lost yet another player to injury.

more.thumb.jpg.422cdaf6648fe9f45dd420265cecd976.jpg 

Will really have to nurse the rest of the squad in order to keep the team viable in the early weeks of the season. That sounds like common sense! Just like this

common.thumb.jpg.461de9d90426ba78eafd65344c0d4021.jpg

*Peter Hollens

Archived