Does Leftover Transfer Budget Add To Next Seasons?

Hi guys,

I'm in the January transfer window in my save and have a decent 25million to spend. But with an already decent EURO League squad and pushing for CL qualification, 20million isn't enough to buy a player that improves my squad in any position, for that I need significantly more (40-80million). I've never found myself in FM with so much money that I don't want to spend, usually, the budget is depleted by the end of the season.

So my question is, will the 25million left over from this season add onto next seasons transfer budget. Or will it just reset again according to finishing position and next seasons targets?

Essentially, it boils down to whether I should spend the money while I have it or not, maybe on some expensive youth prospects etc?

There's no clear answer on this. The transfer budget isn't a separate pot of money, but rather a budget that's determined by the board when they look at your bank balance and what might be coming in that season, in addition to what the clubs is aiming for and how aggressive or cautious they are with money. In theory, by having an extra 25m in the bank (by not spending it) should give you a bigger budget, but it depends on your finances as a whole.

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

There's no clear answer on this. The transfer budget isn't a separate pot of money, but rather a budget that's determined by the board when they look at your bank balance and what might be coming in that season, in addition to what the clubs is aiming for and how aggressive or cautious they are with money. In theory, by having an extra 25m in the bank (by not spending it) should give you a bigger budget, but it depends on your finances as a whole.

Okay thanks, not the answer I wanted but it sheds some light on the subject at least. I guess I can be quite optimistic as my clubs financial status has increased to from "Secure" to "Rich" under my stewardship.

I'm looking forward to a new wave of players being interested in joining the club next season if we qualify for CL, but to obtain them, I'll need a substantial pot of money. If not then sadly I'll have to quit the save as I'd have taken them as far as I can with the resources.

Just now, scwiffy said:

I'm looking forward to a new wave of players being interested in joining the club next season if we qualify for CL, but to obtain them, I'll need a substantial pot of money

As I said, qualifying for the CL should affect your budget as you should be getting a lot more money that next season compared to other seasons.

Basically what @HUNT3R said, but in addition, when making deals, I often don't shy from putting in instalments across the next seasons. People usually say "but it takes out of next season's budget", but what do you care, really? Those 8M to 20M in most cases can be covered by TV rights income or competition prize money, so I always look at it this way. It's much better to spend 40M on four 10M installments across the next 4 seasons, instead of splashing out 40M straight out. It's the same with outgoing deals, as I like having clubs pay me money across the next seasons - it gives you the opportunity to have a steady cash flow.

Archived