Need help adding another Continental competition without messing up the Champions/Europa League.

CurnRaisin

I've made a custom Irish league database, and to run along side it I planned making a Continental competition running between Ireland, N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales, called the very not original name "The Four Nations". I can get this some what working, it takes 4 teams from each Nation and it runs. Straight forward enough 4 groups of 4 and the top 2 go though to the quarter finals, semis and finally the final.

I just noticed something funky though, Ireland still has their 1 CL place but it doesn't get given to the winner of the league, I can't quite tell how it picks the team but its not the winner of the league or FA Cup. One year the winner of the first division got the CL place. When I start a save with only my custom league database on I can see under "Rules" ---> "Continental Qualification" that it lists the Champions/Europa League correctly but when I also load in my "Four Nations" competition this disappears.  My idea behind this was just a simple continental competition that the smaller UK teams would have a chance at winning as well as another revenue source for my custom league that isn't just adding TV rights or sponsorships. (Obviously Scottish teams will dominate this but Irish teams should get though the group stages anyway

Right now I would be happy with it working by just taking the top 4 from each nation and not messing up the CL/EL qualification but Ideally what I wanted to do was have System like the CL/EL have where if you get knocked out of higher tier one before the group stages you get entered into this. So for Ireland the qualifications would look like this.

1st - CL -->Drops to the EL if knocked out. ->Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

2nd-EL -->Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

3rd-EL --> Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

4th-EL>Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th - Gets into my competition if a team above them doesn't use up a space.

Even better if the winner of the competition gets into the CL but I figure that's too much and would settle for a cash prize.

On 26/02/2019 at 22:51, CurnRaisin said:

1st - CL -->Drops to the EL if knocked out. ->Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

2nd-EL -->Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

3rd-EL --> Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

4th-EL>Drops to my competition if knocked out of the EL before the groups.

I don't think you can without altering the EL/CL, because that involves altering the fates actions for both of these competitions. I suggest taking inspiration and using the UEFA Revival .fmf files.

1 hour ago, BMNJohn said:

I don't think you can without altering the EL/CL, because that involves altering the fates actions for both of these competitions. I suggest taking inspiration and using the UEFA Revival .fmf files.

Yeah I have seen that thread and been looking at it for some inspiration as you said. However I wasn't thinking it along the same lines as the loser of "X" round qualifies for my competition but rather that when making the rules for my competition have it in a way it won't take teams involved in any other group stages. I have it set that it take 4 of the best teams from Ireland, N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales and hoped there was a way that when doing so it will block any team involved with the group stages of the other two cups. The  game checks if they are involved/qualified to the group-stages of the other two, and if so blocks them from qualifying to mine, then moves on to invite the next suitable team from that nation. Turns out it is not that straight forward and looks to be a bigger job that what I thought.

I was sure when I found this setting that was all it would take. Can anyone tell me what the highlighted section is intended for if not what I want to do?

image.thumb.png.91eb048b4f6a34315d1afaee106e6a05.png

Archived