Question about using expanded league database files

Is there any reason to not use an expanded database file that unlocks leagues? Say for instance that I wanted to only make the premier league playable but i wanted to see promotions and relegations all the way down to level 22 or if I wanted every team to have a season result. Would there be any reason to not use a database file that extends the english system even though I'd only want the PL playable?

I'd personally say it's pointless and will slow your game (depending on your system's capabilities). Just seems a possibly notable down-turn just to see promotions/relegations.

The db mods here for example 'only' focus on league structure and team allocation, i.e. North, South, etc. so it's not even as if the team squad lists are filled out and tbh beyond the Conference, let alone Conf. N/S there's a real problem with the squad accuracy (some of it is understandable given the fluid nature of squads at non-league/non-contract levels). None of this is going to be relevant to/effect a Premiership club.

That said I almost exclusively use such db mods as LLM for me is where the challenge is. 

4 minutes ago, Had_Enough said:

I'd personally say it's pointless and will slow your game (depending on your system's capabilities). Just seems a possibly notable down-turn just to see promotions/relegations.

The db mods here for example 'only' focus on league structure and team allocation, i.e. North, South, etc. so it's not even as if the team squad lists are filled out and tbh beyond the Conference, let alone Conf. N/S there's a real problem with the squad accuracy (some of it is understandable given the fluid nature of squads at non-league/non-contract levels). None of this is going to be relevant to/effect a Premiership club.

That said I almost exclusively use such db mods as LLM for me is where the challenge is. 

I might not have been clear or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I'm referring to using an expanded league database without making them playable. Like if I loaded the england L22 file but i didn't turn on england. would it process the same as if I didn't select any custom DB file.

17 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

I might not have been clear or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I'm referring to using an expanded league database without making them playable. Like if I loaded the england L22 file but i didn't turn on england. would it process the same as if I didn't select any custom DB file.

If you didn't select England surely that would be pointless as no leagues would be processed so a file all about making leagues 'processable' would be void. 

If you mean view only, that's what I described. There will still be processing of results so it would effect speed to some extent - system dependent. 

24 minutes ago, Had_Enough said:

If you didn't select England surely that would be pointless as no leagues would be processed so a file all about making leagues 'processable' would be void. 

If you mean view only, that's what I described. There will still be processing of results so it would effect speed to some extent - system dependent. 

If I don't select england, I can still click on the premier league and see who won each year. you can do this with any "click-able" league, even if you don't load the nation to be playable or view only. Are you saying that when I don't load a nation, zero processing happens? Do they just use the reputation and a random factor to decide who wins? If that's the case, is there any reason to not use a custom db in a nation that i don't load, besides the preconceived pointlessness of it?

Now, what if I have an extended db in a league that I did load but i only have the top league selected as playable? does the lower levels get any processing?

I'm sorry if my questions are annoying. I'm still trying to grasp how the different simulation engines work

21 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

If I don't select england, I can still click on the premier league and see who won each year. you can do this with any "click-able" league, even if you don't load the nation to be playable or view only. Are you saying that when I don't load a nation, zero processing happens? Do they just use the reputation and a random factor to decide who wins? If that's the case, is there any reason to not use a custom db in a nation that i don't load, besides the preconceived pointlessness of it?

Now, what if I have an extended db in a league that I did load but i only have the top league selected as playable? does the lower levels get any processing?

I'm sorry if my questions are annoying. I'm still trying to grasp how the different simulation engines work

So you just want to see the 'past winners page'? I really don't know if such a file will have an impact on populating that page or not. Possibly I guess, you might be hard pushed to find anyone applying such a file only not to use it to get a definitive answer on that one though. There's specific and then there's that... It's a weird question tbh :lol: but yeah no processing occurs for unselected leagues. 

To be clear only selected leagues are processed, whether they are playable or view only. Not selected, not processed - applies to relevant questions relating to your first and second paragraphs. 

If there's no benefit then true there's no negative either I guess :lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, Had_Enough said:

So you just want to see the 'past winners page'? I really don't know if such a file will have an impact on populating that page or not. Possibly I guess. It's a weird question tbh :lol: but yeah no processing occurs for unselected leagues. 

To be clear only selected leagues are processed, whether they are playable or view only. Not selected, not processed - applies to relevant questions relating to your first and second paragraphs. 

If there's no benefit then true there's no negative either I guess :lol::lol::lol:

makes sense. So what about the lower, non-playable, levels for a nation that i did select? For example, I select england and only set the premier to be playable. do the leagues below get processed? I'm guessing no. Is there a way to get the premier as playable and the championship as view only?

next question, is there any quantifiable difference between processing times for playable and view only, like playable processes 10 times slower than view only? 

15 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

makes sense. So what about the lower, non-playable, levels for a nation that i did select? For example, I select england and only set the premier to be playable. do the leagues below get processed? I'm guessing no. Is there a way to get the premier as playable and the championship as view only?

No, you guess right & No (I believe). You can't mix and match playable and view only within a country I don't think - you can easily check that though when selecting leagues prior to loading a game up. 

next question, is there any quantifiable difference between processing times for playable and view only, like playable processes 10 times slower than view only? 

You won't receive any guidance as concrete as that. Everything works quite efficiently for me but that doesn't mean it will for someone else - a lot of parts in my laptop are brand new (after a HD & motherboard crash). I can imagine older systems will experience a notable difference. So I'd advise only selecting any league regardless of playable or view only necessary to your game-play. 

I'd also advise you to test it first regardless, i.e. run whatever configuration you're contemplating. See how a normal game week goes and also maybe holiday it for a month to get a general feel for the processing. 

4 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

i know i'm taking this a bit off topic, but does view only leagues generate newgens as playable leagues, as non playable leagues, or something in between?

The only difference between leagues loaded as view-only and leagues which are not loaded at all is that the league table and other league statistics are visible, for a minor increase in processing time (certainly when compared to playable leagues). The same amount of players is loaded. Newgens are generated along similar lines.

4 hours ago, Mons said:

The same amount of players is loaded. Newgens are generated along similar lines.

Are you sure? when I select a league as view only, the players in the DB goes down

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

Are you sure? when I select a league as view only, the players in the DB goes down

Let me rephrase it more clearly.

League A is loaded as playable = x players

League A is loaded as view-only = y players (where y < x)

League A is not loaded at all = y players

Hope that clarifies.

Archived