Wonder kids? How do we find them

All the wonderkid label is, is a young player with high CA for his age and a decent rep. It doesn't indicate anything about potential. I've found plenty of players without the label and as soon as I signed them (big club) they changed description to wonderkid as there was a rep boost. If I were you, rather scout and look for kids with potential, rather than a label. They will also likely be expensive anyway.

1 hour ago, Wezino said:

How do I go about that sorry brand new to fm

Click on a national team (say Brazil for example) and go to their Under 21 (or U18 or whatever) squad list and select the most interesting players, right click and select 'get scout report'. Wait for your scouts to do their jobs. It takes time to do it this way but this is how I've found some of the best signings I've ever made. Eastern european and south american nations are the best for bargain hunting.

Of course you may scout the clubs with the best youth academies too.

In FMT there is a rather cynical way of scouting for wonderkids that has been mentioned by a few users.  Simply add in a 'media description' tab to your player search and you can view all the players by that type -  there will be a whole host of wonderkids for you to purge.

2 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

In FMT there is a rather cynical way of scouting for wonderkids that has been mentioned by a few users.  

That includes FM and real life.

6 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

In FMT there is a rather cynical way of scouting for wonderkids that has been mentioned by a few users.  Simply add in a 'media description' tab to your player search and you can view all the players by that type -  there will be a whole host of wonderkids for you to purge.

It only comes up with the famous wonder kids e.i. Vinicius and felix dolberg that kind where as I’m trying to find undiscovered gems

5 hours ago, Wezino said:

It only comes up with the famous wonder kids e.i. Vinicius and felix dolberg that kind where as I’m trying to find undiscovered gems

The undiscovered ones aren't listed as wonderkids, as I said. They don't have the rep as they haven't been discovered yet.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The undiscovered ones aren't listed as wonderkids, as I said. They don't have the rep as they haven't been discovered yet.

So how do you go about searching for them 

47 minutes ago, Wezino said:

So how do you go about searching for them 

They're not wonderkids in the game so there is not obvious way. You set your scouts to look for players with certain parameters set, like most other people.  Or, if you want use an in-game editor to view hidden attributes.

9 hours ago, Wezino said:

Also, that is not true - it will come up with every player who has a media description of a wonderkid, regardless of whether or not they're famous.

Oh and the pedant in me can't help but correct you as it is Kasper Dolberg, not Felix.

1 hour ago, Wezino said:

Felix and dolberg are 2 separate players idiot came here to ask for help not to be insulted 

It's an easy mistake to make because your sentence lacked punctuation. And please don't insult people on here. It ruins a discussion, not to mention being against forum rules.

Archived