• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget, the first version of Mourinho ran Anders Frisk out of football. He wasn't a prince then either. That said, I did support him to be the guy to take over from SAF when he retired (and I think United would have been much better off if they had).

But you can only run a club with a siege mentality for so long. Eventually, the players lose interest and then you're left with players you can't motivate. Right now, that's what Chelsea has.

Well said, 10-3. Running life with drama, even when you are the one to create it, is difficult in the long-term. He's made his bed and, like you, I wanted him to be the one to replace Sir Alex, even if it was for a short time. After that, I would want an attacking coach. I think Liverpool's ownership group was sly to dump Brendan Rogers early in order to woo Klopp to the Kop. Otherwise, I think that Man U was lining up a potential bid for him. Why in the world the Glazers don't want Pep Guardiola is beyond me. He's a good antidote to working with players who've understood the possession game for so long it's become automated. I wish that Man U's attacking DNA was still intact, but I'm not so sure it is after 2+ transfer windows.

We did get away with it there, but I fear that even if we don't draw Barca or Real Madrid, it'll be another year of disappointment after a valiant effort. We have pretty much mastered the art of shooting ourselves in the foot and leaving ourselves with a mountain to climb now. See Monaco last year.

Of course, I could be proven wrong and this could be the catalyst to a heroic campaign ahead, ending with us winning the whole thing...

Right lads going to do a sign up similar to my In a League of Their Own (A FMS Sign-up Effort).

The League will have 12 teams in it so its first come first serve. I have taken over the Gibraltan League and changed the reps on the teams etc

You will all have plenty of money to start the season with

Username:

Team Name:

Chairman Name: (You dont have to pick one)

Stadium Name:

Obviously I'll be taking up a spot, so there is 11 places up for grabs

PM me your details and I'll keep you informed on how many spots are left

Cheers Mark

9 Places Left

PS Guys don't forget your Predictions League

Bournemouth beating Chelsea was a massive shock. You could argue that Bournemouth beating Manchester United was even more so, to be honest.

Normally, I'd be laughing gleefully at United's failures, much like I am at Chelsea's current predicament. Right now, though, I just feel sad. Sad that a proud club who enjoyed so much success and played so beautifully well under Sir Alex Ferguson has become a mere shadow of its former self.

Under Louis van Gaal, United look ugly, one-dimensional, and very short on creativity. They also lack a really prolific out-and-out striker - someone like Javier Hernandez, who, by the way, scored a hat-trick for Bayer Leverkusen this afternoon. :seagull:

I agree that they do need a change of management, but I'm not sure if they'd be better off parting with van Gaal now or at the end of the season.

What would you do, 10-3, if you were in the Glazers' position?

Honestly? I'd call Carlo Ancelotti and see if he's doing anything, and maybe steal a march on Roman Abramovich.

I thought David Moyes was a rotten choice as Manchester United manager. His worst winless streak was three matches. LVG is now at five, and right now I don't think I'd fancy them to beat Oxford City, much less Manchester City.

Are things really that bad at United? Sure, you've not set the league alight, but you're still in the top four, have the best defensive record in the league and have only lost three games in the league, one of them against Arsenal away. Ok, so your Euro exploits haven't quite gone to plan and you could do with an out and out finisher, but you've also had injury troubles.

I'll concede that your play is not exactly up to Ferguson standards, but is that because it is currently so bad, or because the Ferguson era was SO good? On the bare results I wouldn't be concerned (But then, I don't support United, I support Spurs, we're eternally optimistic of winning the league only for us to do a Spurs)

After finally watching Bournemouth play and Man.Utd not bother, I wish I hadn't bothered. Fair enough their wasn't anything we could do about the first goal it was just one those things.

The rest of the game we just didn't seem together for me, Van Gaals changes weren't great. Why bring on Pereira for Lingaard when A.Young had that bit more experience and was a lot more of an attacking option. Then to bring on Powell who in my opinion is a Championship player at best when Schneiderlin was sitting their itching to put something into the game. He also did the one thing that annoys me the most when bringing a player on in the 90th minute, whats the point.

I think that Van Gaal is becoming more of a joke than Moyes was and we need a change. Ancelotti is a good short term option but long term I'm not sure who we could get. Guardiola I think as copperhorse put is a "pipe dream" for most teams in the Premiership.

The only reason we are where we are in the table is due to the unpredictability of the Premiership this season.

Rant over and feel better now :D

Right lads going to do a sign up similar to my In a League of Their Own (A FMS Sign-up Effort).

The League will have 12 teams in it so its first come first serve. I have taken over the Gibraltan League and changed the reps on the teams etc

You will all have plenty of money to start the season with

Username:

Team Name:

Chairman Name: (You dont have to pick one)

Stadium Name:

Obviously I'll be taking up a spot, so there is 11 places up for grabs

PM me your details and I'll keep you informed on how many spots are left

Cheers Mark

6 Places Left

Wow, Arsenal actually manage to pull off the escape instead of falling heroically short... I guess it being the group stage makes a difference! We'll totally get Barcelona in the round of 16 though...

Annnnnnd Arsenal draw, in the round of 16, as expected, Barcelona!

Not sure whether to laugh or cry!

You can't have results like Chelsea has gotten. I don't see that they had a choice. The hint that the players had messed up Jose's careful planning was, to me, an indication that he had lost the changing room.

Louis van Gaal, please pick up the red courtesy phone ...

Agree with this, except for the second statement.

Hope they remain rubbish the rest of the season. :p

So do I. Would be fun to see what happens if Chelsea get relegated! :lol:

Looks like they're going for Hiddink until the end of the season. As for their next permanent manager, you might as well ask me to predict the lottery numbers.

The honorable thing to do would be to resign, frankly. Consecutive losses to freshly promoted teams: no excuse at a club United's size.

Chelsea bit the bullet. United needs to do the same. And Wayne Rooney needs to back up to the pay window this week.

EDIT: United have a total of seven shots on target in their last four home games.

Second edit: Seen on another message board: "Manchester United are a generous club. They help make history at places like Bournemouth and Norwich." Ouch. :)

That's exactly what I've put on the BBC website. Several players like Rooney need to seriously look at themselves. We had 70% possession and have shown nothing for us. Van Gaal wont resign unfortunately and I don't think the Glazers have the balls to get rid

Van Gaal is on record saying he doesn't want his last job to end in a sacking. As soon as the Glazers wise up and realize that their global brand is suffering thanks to their longest winless run since 1998, they'll make the move.

At this point of the season United are one point better off than they were under the disaster known as David Moyes. And if they sack LVG now, they need to make a real hire -- Ancelotti or, saints preserve us, that guy.

I personally don't think it will be Mourinho. I would love to see Pep coming over but he will see his contract out at Bayern so we would need an interim manager till then. Not sure who else if your talking big named is available and its too early for someone like Giggs to take over as some of the bookies are going on about

What is it with this years Premier League, none of the so called top four sides have been consistent. The so called cannon fodder are beating them left right and centre. Its making this years Premier League a lot more interesting than it has been for a few years

Even as a supporter of one of the traditional big teams, I've really enjoyed the unpredictability of this season's Premier League. Leicester have obviously been outstanding, and Crystal Palace are still in the top six. Even Watford have crept up the table almost unnoticed and moved to within a point of the Champions League places.

What is it with this years Premier League, none of the so called top four sides have been consistent. The so called cannon fodder are beating them left right and centre. Its making this years Premier League a lot more interesting than it has been for a few years

I suspect the new TV money deal, allowing so-called 'smaller' teams to buy real quality players, have something to do with it.

I really wish Arsenal would capitalise on this season's uniqueness and clinch the title once and for all, but I won't begrudge Leicester if they went on to surprise everyone.

The TV money, among other revenue sources, means smaller Premier League clubs aren't under as much pressure to sell as they otherwise might have been in previous years. The super-rich clubs are super-rich, but maybe we're starting to see a bit more competitive balance.

Archived