I can't believe my team in that league is coping so much of a pasting, to think we were in the Blue Square Premier not so many years ago to have two absolute shocking years which will see us relegated again is disappointing and I'm only a fan from Australia. I feel sorry for the other fans, although there isn't to many of them.

Just watched the highlights, while its only 8 minutes it looks like Matlock was the better passing team and their number 11 looks very good, but still its not always the best playing team that wins! Who knows what happened in the other 80+ minutes.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premier Division

#	Team	
                               Pd       W      D        L       W       D       L        W      D       L        F       A       Diff    Pts    Adj
1.	Skelmersdale United	25	11	1	0	6	2	5	17	3	5	56	33	23	54	0
2.	Chorley	                22	6	3	1	9	2	1	15	5	2	48	15	33	50	0
3.	Worksop Town	        25	9	0	4	6	5	1	15	5	5	77	55	22	50	0
4.	AFC Fylde	        24	5	2	4	7	4	2	12	6	6	48	23	25	42	0
5.	FC United 	        24	7	2	3	5	4	3	12	6	6	51	29	22	42	0
6.	Whitby Town	        26	3	7	2	7	3	4	10	10	6	46	38	8	40	0
7.	Ashton United	        23	7	2	2	4	4	4	11	6	6	41	33	8	39	0
8.	Blyth Spartans	        26	8	3	2	3	3	7	11	6	9	42	43	-1	39	0
9.	Buxton	                23	5	3	4	5	5	1	10	8	5	32	22	10	38	0
10.	Kings Lynn Town	        26	7	4	3	4	1	7	11	5	10	47	40	7	38	0
11.	Marine	                27	5	4	4	4	7	3	9	11	7	43	39	4	38	0
12.	Rushall Olympic	        23	6	5	1	5	0	6	11	5	7	39	37	2	38	0
13.	Nantwich Town	        27	5	4	4	5	3	6	10	7	10	48	36	12	37	0
[b][color="#FF0000"]14.	Matlock Town	        24	6	5	1	4	1	7	10	6	8	34	27	7	36	0[/color][/b]
15.	Ilkeston FC	        27	5	3	5	5	2	7	10	5	12	45	42	3	35	0
16.	Barwell	                27	5	5	4	4	2	7	9	7	11	36	43	-7	34	0
17.	Trafford	        25	7	1	5	2	4	6	9	5	11	35	41	-6	32	0
18.	Grantham Town	        25	6	1	6	2	5	5	8	6	11	41	46	-5	30	0
19.	Frickley Athletic	26	6	4	4	1	5	6	7	9	10	39	44	-5	30	0
20.	Stamford	        25	5	3	5	3	1	8	8	4	13	38	50	-12	28	0
21.	Witton Albion	        23	5	0	7	2	4	5	7	4	12	32	34	-2	25	0
[b][color="#FF0000"]22.	Stocksbridge Park       25	3	2	7	2	2	9	5	4	16	43	70	-27	19	0[/color][/b]
23.	Stafford Rangers	26	2	4	7	1	1	11	3	5	18	28	70	-42	14	0
[b][color="#FF0000"]24.	Droylsden	        26	0	2	11	0	0	13	0	2	24	20	99	-79	2	0[/color][/b]
Last updated Thursday 26th Dec, 17:18 PM GMT

I think Mark is doing the better out of the three teams.

From what I understand of Droylsden is that they are having major financial issues and have tried about 80 players so far this season from what i've heard. dodgy dogy bloke the chairman is by all accounts and so are his accounts by the sound of it. A very young and inexperienced team from what I saw a few weeks ago. They'll end up getting a daft win from somewhere unexpected. Sad to see a club like that though fall so quickly.

From what I understand of Droylsden is that they are having major financial issues and have tried about 80 players so far this season from what i've heard. dodgy dogy bloke the chairman is by all accounts and so are his accounts by the sound of it. A very young and inexperienced team from what I saw a few weeks ago. They'll end up getting a daft win from somewhere unexpected. Sad to see a club like that though fall so quickly.

A lot of people don't like Dave Pace, he is manager/chairman and he puts a lot of his own money into the club, I wouldn't call him dodgy, he's pretty upfront as a few of the people that I talk to a bit says he is always willing to talk about the club. Even the finances, I think they were around $150k down but working on a payment plan as far as I heard.

The biggest problem is the number of fans which number around the 200 regular, apparently its just to hard to keep the club going on that front and that's where people have been critical of him, not willing to listen.

But then I'm a long way away from everything so I only hear second hand from the English fans over there.

To his credit though he has fixed the ground there, done the grandstands and quite a few other things off his own back and he took them from the lower reaches to the BSP, unfortunately though he looks like taking them back to the lower reaches where he started.

Pan, Maybe Tan can learn a lesson from Pace's mistakes, then? Start listening to the supporters? I had a discussion with my wife about Cardiff City and she felt that Vincent Tan was an idiot and needed to leave the game immediately. I wonder if his rapid departure would create a financial vacuum from the sudden loss of income that might help Cardiff to follow in a downward spiral like Blackburn once Venky's got involved with them. Now, I realize that Venky's have some financial backing should they try to use it, but I'm not certain their meddling with all things personnel-wise is the smartest thing to do.

Pan, Maybe Tan can learn a lesson from Pace's mistakes, then? Start listening to the supporters? I had a discussion with my wife about Cardiff City and she felt that Vincent Tan was an idiot and needed to leave the game immediately. I wonder if his rapid departure would create a financial vacuum from the sudden loss of income that might help Cardiff to follow in a downward spiral like Blackburn once Venky's got involved with them. Now, I realize that Venky's have some financial backing should they try to use it, but I'm not certain their meddling with all things personnel-wise is the smartest thing to do.

Yeah, it's a slippery slope with fans wanting and demanding certain things and I guess if you are not in the know then it's hard to say what is going on.

Should Tan go, maybe, maybe not, if he did go and then made the club pay what it owes him them then where would they be or go in the future?

He did stuff up, that's guaranteed, but we all make mistakes, just that his have been huge and very public.(Firing Malky's partner, DoF? and putting in his son's friend. Sounding out Craig Bellamy to take over part time. The email.)

At worst, you would hope he would apologise to Malky, but I'm guessing he might wait until the bare bones of the season where he hopes that Malkay almost gets the relegated so he can bring in someone else.

Fans aren't always right and even when they are and protest it doesn't mean they get their way. (United and the Glazers, Newcastle and Ashley, Southampton and Adkins/Pochettino are a couple that come to mind that despite fan unrest the clubs have gone on and done well)

Personally I think Tan is an idiot (cardiff city matters), but he does own the club, you would hope he gets over himself very quickly and gets on with making the club the best it can be with everyone.

I guess time will tell.

Well maybe, I should have read the BBC page first, seems time has already been told with Mackay on his way.

My wife just informed me of the same thing after I posted my stuff. All I can say is that now I wish that Mackay ends up with some owners who know a thing or two. I'd love to see him at West Brom almost immediately, but that might not be in the cards after their impatience with Steve Clarke. But, who knows? By the way, great points you make regarding the relationships between Owners and Supporters. I know winning solves a lot of issues. It seems to me that, like Swansea City, finding the right fit of successive managers who can enforce the philosophies of the club, might be the best thing. If that is the case, then I feel bad for Wigan who recently sacked/mutually terminated Owen Coyle. Mackay might have been a good manager for them and their Chairman?

I need some help on understanding the relevancy of Premier League Darts, which I have just watched for the first time.

As near as I can tell it is an excuse for large men and shockingly buxom women to gather in a large arena, drink heavily and sing songs while rather good players play lots of 501.

Would that be accurate?

Is it appropriate for me to bang out a summary-like "story" of me attempting a Dafuge Challenge on FM 08? It really wouldn't have much of a narrative like I've done in the past, but it will follow along with the guidelines of the challenge. Can this go here or does it need to go to the Career Updates section?

Is it appropriate for me to bang out a summary-like "story" of me attempting a Dafuge Challenge on FM 08? It really wouldn't have much of a narrative like I've done in the past, but it will follow along with the guidelines of the challenge. Can this go here or does it need to go to the Career Updates section?

Of course it's appropriate. :)

Hope all you lot have a great New Year and that 2014 is good for you all...I know mine will be with a new Wilson on the way

Congratulations Mark! When's the new bundle of joy due?

Happy New Year to everyone from Guangzhou China, where I'm getting mobbed by my fiancee's relatives who are all super excited to meet me. I feel like an endangered animal on display at the zoo!

2014 is a big year for me too, I'm still looking for a new job and will be getting married in March, so lots of change for me too. Hope the year ahead will be a great one for all you fellas and your loved ones!

Cheers guys the new baby Wilson is due in June Balthazar, luckily not interfering with the World Cup :D....Good luck with the forthcoming wedding mistahc, my only advice is say yes to everything

Yes to everything ? you mean there was a choice ??????????

seriously for a mo, congrats Mark, hope the missus and baby carry on doing well, and to all you guys getting married, just be sensible and take Mark's advice!

I know I'm new here, but just thought I'd say a very happy new year to you all (belatedly) and that I am looking forwards to partaking in some FMS times with you all! Good luck to all of you in 2014, sounds like a big year for many!!

Welcome and it's nice to see new writers around here.

Got to ask though, you joined and posted a story the same day. You can't see the FMS boards unless you are logged in, so were you instantly inspired to write? Or a long-time lurker? Or a second account?

Just wondering :-)

Welcome and it's nice to see new writers around here.

Got to ask though, you joined and posted a story the same day. You can't see the FMS boards unless you are logged in, so were you instantly inspired to write? Or a long-time lurker? Or a second account?

Just wondering :-)

I've been feeling like starting a year by doing something I want to do. I'm a web designer at University, looking to go into teaching and have always loved writing, and reading, so signed up today and just fell in love with writing again. One day's all it takes.

And may I note, I've just read Part 1 of your trilogy and I'm even more inspired! I mean, I've already got the first 26 chapters of my story planned, and I thought I'd come up with some solid ideas, but your story, my god, still on grasping to the hour-and-a-half long adrenaline rush I've just been on! Onto part 2 now!

I've been feeling like starting a year by doing something I want to do. I'm a web designer at University, looking to go into teaching and have always loved writing, and reading, so signed up today and just fell in love with writing again. One day's all it takes.

And may I note, I've just read Part 1 of your trilogy and I'm even more inspired! I mean, I've already got the first 26 chapters of my story planned, and I thought I'd come up with some solid ideas, but your story, my god, still on grasping to the hour-and-a-half long adrenaline rush I've just been on! Onto part 2 now!

Good man, the same thing happened to me on here. I first flicked through out of interest and it pricked my fancy to write again, so I started a story called Hitting the Bar (originally called "in the onion bag"). I had thoughts of making it darker but didn't think it was the done thing, then read some of the stories here which blew me away and inspired me to be more creative and interesting. And the urge to to write a more character driven story took over.

I love it on here; full of good people, and a nice sanctuary to wile away the hours in escapism.

Nice to have you around, and I hope you enjoy your stay. And of course thank you for your compliment on my story.

It's always good to have new writers here, especially when they get involved with the community. Those that have been here for a few years now will remember when FMS was a really busy place - certainly provided me with some really good times: gav, Mikey, xen and some angry Scottish guy in particular were responsible for a decent amount of them! Oh, and viper. That guy cracked me up, especially when he was part of a double act with Mikey!

The standard of stories here has always been pretty high from what I can remember as well, not to mention the variety of story ideas and sign ups from all the different people. By far my favourite site on the Internet over the past few years.

Congrats Mark and good luck mistahc and Balthazars. Just remember to nod and smile and say yes dear :thup:

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope Pans was ok after seeing the Droylsden result. 9-0 defeat isn't exactly the best way to start the new year. Had a disappointing start myself football wise taking a 6 hour round trip to Blyth. Had to do the quiz on the coach (which turned out to be very close with it being 9-9 on the last question), matchday secretary, setting the kit up, training and general babysitting the team. Not sure i've felt so tired from an away match before and losing 3-0 wasn't the best thing. My own 6 a side team I run and play in lost 5-2 tonight and if it was on FM, it would say we had 20 clear cut chances :rolleyes:

It's always good to have new writers here, especially when they get involved with the community. Those that have been here for a few years now will remember when FMS was a really busy place - certainly provided me with some really good times: gav, Mikey, xen and some angry Scottish guy in particular were responsible for a decent amount of them! Oh, and viper. That guy cracked me up, especially when he was part of a double act with Mikey!

The standard of stories here has always been pretty high from what I can remember as well, not to mention the variety of story ideas and sign ups from all the different people. By far my favourite site on the Internet over the past few years.

It really is a fantastic and truly inspirational area, I've not quite felt it before to be honest, it has a definite "zen" feel to it. Can't wait to be spending a lot of time around here and hopefully trying to write something solid of my own.

You still laughing about that?

I can't remember what I said to viper (the upshot was that I didn't like him much) but I suspect you remember every word.

Oh and I'd just like to say 2 more words. They are two words that will strike fear into any defence (especially Terk's) - Mathieu Delvaux!

It really is a fantastic and truly inspirational area, I've not quite felt it before to be honest, it has a definite "zen" feel to it. Can't wait to be spending a lot of time around here and hopefully trying to write something solid of my own.

If you are of the opinion it's Zen, wait till you see who wrote it. If it's mine, it's probably just gas. :)

Fun night for the old man this evening - calling the hockey game on radio tonight between our university and the U.S. National u-18s. Night owls can catch a stream on www.94xrocks.com beginning at (yawn) 1:00 a.m. GMT. That'd be 7:00 p.m. in the Midwest here at home, which is a bit more manageable. :)

Bit harsh on Cook. :D He's struggling for form sure though.

Never really understand point of nightwatchman while we are at it. Can anyone explain? Understand maybe bringing in a semi-all rounder who would bat at 6-7 but Anderson? I would say looking at glass half full at least when he's out first thing he gets a decent day or two's rest before needing to bowl but probably not the case when it's England Ashes Tour 13-14 today. :(

He could be bowling by lunch/tea at this rate.

Been reading about the Ashes. Sounds like disaster for England. Though I must admit I enjoyed the video on YouTube of Piers Morgan learning what Bodyline bowling is :)

To be fair I think most of us did as well. Do our our friends across the ocean hate Piers Morgan more than we do :eek:

I'll see your Morgan and Clarkson and raise you 20.....George Bush and Paris Hilton 10-3. :D Say no more.....

Bit distraught on the Ashes to be honest. Not so much that we lost 5-0 and the fact that even if we played first to 10 we'd have lost 10-0, that's bad enough, but the way we lost. England seemed to just chuck the towel in after the Brisbane Test. That's unforgivable, you can be outclassed, outplayed and under the cosh and that's sport, but you never, never quit. Swann take note, but he wasn't the only one. :(

Look at the US team at the America's Cup against New Zealand this year. England could have done that. Or at least tried.

Not to sound sour grapes but this isn't even that good an Australian team that completely embarrassed us. I went to the 1st Test in Brisbane on the 94-95 Ashes tour and it was almost a privilege to be there and watch us get soundly beaten by a team (and one Shane Warne) that was just beginning to turn in to the team that would go on to become one of the greatest Test sides ever as that Australia became.

Rose tinted glasses maybe on 94-95 tour*. But all of the England squad should donate their whole Ashes tour financial gain to charity. Yes, it's been that bad.

*I got to see Tuffers wander through the crowd laughing and sucking on a cig and water melon, wearing cowboy hat and shades whilst England were getting beat, Gatting biting and arguing with Aussie fans on the boundary who were claiming Gatts was carrying a bit of weight on his belly and then see the difference mentally between the two teams when Aussie Michael Slater blanked Aussie kids wanting his autograph while fielding with a "I'm here to win a Test Match, not sign autographs" in a polite-ish kind of 'leave me the **** alone' way. So maybe more rose tinted than I remember. :(

Archived