Eden Hazard is sexual. Newcastle looked devoid of ideas this weekend [or the last ten years], but Hazard is just something else. Love that little Belgian wizard and was graceful to accept defeat if he puts three past you.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eden Hazard is sexual. Newcastle looked devoid of ideas this weekend [or the last ten years], but Hazard is just something else. Love that little Belgian wizard and was graceful to accept defeat if he puts three past you.

Liverpool's attack is more sexual.

Instead of both Carrick AND Fletcher, United should have played Fletcher OR Carrick. Then, put Kagawa, Januzaj, or even Mata in the middle. Force Fulham to tackle in the front of their penalty area and give up free kicks that cannot be stopped by congesting the area. Rooney, Mata, and RvP are fantastic free kick takers. Surely, that might have created some fine chances too? Overall, despicable defending and tactical play in the final ten minutes, plus injury time. Keep the pedal down until injury time, then time waste. Hello, Vidic? When in doubt, clear the damn lines and hoof it...Even Balotelli could figure that out...Judging by Moyes' celebration after going up 2-1 and where he was looking, I'd say the man was under serious pressure with the folks upstairs in the Board Room. I'll not be surprised if he doesn't get a "vote of confidence" real soon...

I think the thing is, in theory, Carrick is not combative enough to do that job on his own. But, of course, the big, screaming retort to that is that this is Fulham at home, not City or Chelsea.

It's suicidal from Moyes. It struck me, after we lost to Everton and Newcastle back to back at home, Moyes was saying "It's obvious that we need better players". I just think that, despite all the stick our players have got and deserved I might add over the past few months, there are still a staggering amount of Premier League winner's medals knocking about that dressing room. A statement like that, just felt like he wasn't backing his own tactical acumen and man management.

Mata out wide was one of the most depressing things I've seen in football.

It's sad, but I think they will give Moyes the boot at the end of the season. I'd like to see him given time to work longer, make a few more signings. But he does himself no favours, we might as well have played the old WM formation from the 1880s on Sunday, it was that bad!

......and Liverpool are a joy to watch at the moment, there's been biblical floods, I'm waiting for the plague of locusts to arrive! :D

With how Red Bull have done in pre season testing, he might prefer to drive a VW Golf.

Slightly changing the subject, I watched "Truth in 24 II" on Netflix the other night regarding the Audi team at LeMans. What a masterpiece of a documentary that was.

Well, with 82 crosses in 94 minutes, I think the phrases "David Moyes" and "tactical acumen" are oxymorons until proven otherwise. :D

You're very dismissive. That's not really what I was getting at, but you just carry on darling!

Nice to be back the neighbourhood for a while.....:D

Nice to have you back :)

But hey, people like me finally struck a nerve with The Great Man:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1713251/manchester-united-boss-david-moyes-hits-back-tactical-criticism?cc=5901

And too, please understand that I'm a columnist as one part of my living. This means I talk like this, in print, frequently when the situation requires it locally. I'm used to being dismissive. It's what makes people read what I write in the paper. :)

Daniel Sturridge.

Even as a Liverpool fan I have a bit of a problem with Daniel Sturridge.

When he's on none or one goal in a match he's as good a forward as anyone, a real asset to Liverpool. But put him on two goals in a game though and he turns into a different player, a much, much worse player, so desperate he is to get a hatrick that he becomes a selfish, and rubbish, player.

There my rant over. I feel better for that.

Daniel Sturridge.

Even as a Liverpool fan I have a bit of a problem with Daniel Sturridge.

When he's on none or one goal in a match he's as good a forward as anyone, a real asset to Liverpool. But put him on two goals in a game though and he turns into a different player, a much, much worse player, so desperate he is to get a hatrick that he becomes a selfish, and rubbish, player.

There my rant over. I feel better for that.

At least that is an improvement for him. The Sturridge that was at Chelsea and earlier in his career was ridiculously selfish (and rubbish) even when he was on zero or one goals.

As a Liverpool fan, you should be grateful!

At least that is an improvement for him. The Sturridge that was at Chelsea and earlier in his career was ridiculously selfish (and rubbish) even when he was on zero or one goals.

As a Liverpool fan, you should be grateful!

It's the mark of great coaching by Liverpool. Rodgers has improved the teamwork of both Suarez and Sturridge. Henderson has massively improved under Rodgers and so has Enriqué who looked set to go at one point. Sterling is a great prospect and there are more coming through the academy. It's looking a bright future for Liverpool at the minute.

I wish I supported a team where having a forward on two goals in a game was a worry.

New low for United this season overnight? Olympiacos played pretty well (as an Arsenal fan I'm well aware of how tricky they can be, particularly at home) but they are a team that United should be rolling over.

I was very shocked by the team selection. If anything, this was a match to be offensive, playing away from home in the knock-out stage of the Champions League, the most important thing is to try and score at least one goal. Yet Moyes went with Young and Valencia on the wings and with only 1 striker. It makes no sense, and it shows that his reaction to poor form has been to try and become more defensive/solid, but United don't have the defensive players to do it. What they do have is good offensive players, they should be playing to their strengths, but Moyes seems unwilling or unable to coax it out of the team.

While I thought it would be extremely unlikely for him to get sacked this season, if United get knocked out after this draw, and then stutter in the league again, I can see him getting the boot before the season is even over.

I wonder what the record for the quickest relegation from a league is. Last night Droylsden were relegated from the Evo-Stik Premier Division with only 3 points to their name thus far (3 draws). They was relegated from the Blue Square North last season and are currently in lots of financial trouble. Sad to see a club fall so quickly.

Archived