copperhorse21 (last times runner up)

EvilDave

BenArsenal

If you want to join remember to PM me and I will add you to the database

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM'ed you, mate. :thup:

On an unrelated, and somewhat nostalgic note, I've been cleaning my PM inbox, and I happened to read a few PMs I've received from days of yore (hehe). I must say, it twanged my heart a little, and underlines what a great community this place is. :)

Quite a fair number of you PM'ed me just to compliment my story back then, which was nice. Also a few random stuff, like personal PMs to Terk (about his podcast) and Balth (about Australia). Also, apparently once upon a time I was a regular at CSE (the Challenges Forum), and I helped with organising their first awards. (I know, I'm a traitor. :o)

There's no real point to this, other than to say, you guys are awesome. :)

PM'ed you, mate. :thup:

On an unrelated, and somewhat nostalgic note, I've been cleaning my PM inbox, and I happened to read a few PMs I've received from days of yore (hehe). I must say, it twanged my heart a little, and underlines what a great community this place is. :)

Quite a fair number of you PM'ed me just to compliment my story back then, which was nice. Also a few random stuff, like personal PMs to Terk (about his podcast) and Balth (about Australia). Also, apparently once upon a time I was a regular at CSE (the Challenges Forum), and I helped with organising their first awards. (I know, I'm a traitor. :o)

There's no real point to this, other than to say, you guys are awesome. :)

Got it Ben cheers....We'll let you off for going to CSE a few years back....We'll just call it a mad moment :D

I know its probably meaningless to most but looking on the forums and we were nearly on par with the Careers thread with people viewing. Only a few months ago they were having nearly 100 people viewing at one time whilst we were at only four...Hopefully this is a sign of things to come...

Got six spaces left and then I can get the database sorted - Signed up so far

Celtic_1967 (Defending Champion)

tenthreeleader

mark wilson27

salkster2102

Panpardus

EvilDave

BenArsenal

WLKRAS

Got six spaces left and then I can get the database sorted - Signed up so far

tenthreeleader

mark wilson27

salkster2102

Panpardus

EvilDave

BenArsenal

WLKRAS

Still got six spaces left before I can start the database....

PM'ed Mark

Cheers Neil, added you

Got Four spaces left and then I can get the database sorted - Signed up so far

tenthreeleader

mark wilson27

salkster2102

Panpardus

EvilDave

BenArsenal

WLKRAS

neilhoskins77

Bagpuss

Cheers STFCDP1990 and Greyfriars

Got One spaces left and then I can get the database sorted - Signed up so far

tenthreeleader

mark wilson27

salkster2102

Panpardus

EvilDave

BenArsenal

WLKRAS

neilhoskins77

Bagpuss

STFCDP1990

Greyfriars Bobby

CFuller

I read about that with the link you put on facebook. Nowhere is really safe anymore, unfortunately in life some people cant express their feelings without the use of terrorism/violence. Did you know of anyone affected there Ben

I read about that with the link you put on facebook. Nowhere is really safe anymore, unfortunately in life some people cant express their feelings without the use of terrorism/violence. Did you know of anyone affected there Ben

I have friends who are in Bangkok but as far as I know now they are currently OK.

It's pretty chilling because I have plenty of friends who go there regularly, including myself.

tenthreeleader

mark wilson27

salkster2102

Panpardus

EvilDave

BenArsenal

WLKRAS

neilhoskins77

Bagpuss

STFCDP1990

Greyfriars Bobby

CFuller

Gavrenwick

And with the main man Gavrenwick signed up that's it.....

Seems to be the week for explosions. First, that really horrifying looking one in Tianjin and now Bangkok. We have some backpacker friends out there at the moment and their phones haven't stopped ringing.

As long as their alright mate

Fellows, I've never advocated for anything on this board, but I'm going to break that tradition now.

The old Rushden and Diamonds FC retired the number one shirt in 2010 in memory of goalkeeper Dale Roberts, who died by suicide after his fiancee had an affair with a teammate. AFC Rushden, as R&DFC's phoenix club, have also retired the number across all of their teams.

AFCRD has earned promotion to the Evo-Stik Southern League Division One for the coming season, but has told the club that it must unretire its number one shirt and that it must be worn. Traditionally, the AFCRD keeper wears the number 17 shirt and the United Counties League, in which the club played last season, respected the club's wishes in this regard.

There is an online petition (linked here) asking the Southern League Board to reconsider its decision, which is being appealed to the Football Association. If you are so inclined, please visit.

Just thought you'd like to see this tenthree AFC Rushden

Seems to be the week for explosions. First, that really horrifying looking one in Tianjin and now Bangkok. We have some backpacker friends out there at the moment and their phones haven't stopped ringing.

My poor wife is terrified, and now refuses to go to any country that might be targeted. After the France thing she was inconsolable and I said to her, "everything's fine, what is going to happen to us here?" A few hours later a jet plane fell from the sky into a busy road we use just a few miles from our house killing 11, including two footballers on the way to a match. To say it's somber round here is an understatement.

So, I'm nervous.

As some of you know, I'm job hunting. In the last 24 hours, I've had three interviews (a second interview with a company as well as a first and second interview with another company) for two different positions, either of which would pay me more than I've ever earned in my life. I might get offers for one, both or neither.

Someone give me a tranquilizer, please.

So, I'm nervous.

As some of you know, I'm job hunting. In the last 24 hours, I've had three interviews (a second interview with a company as well as a first and second interview with another company) for two different positions, either of which would pay me more than I've ever earned in my life. I might get offers for one, both or neither.

I've got plenty of Vodka tenthree, either way good luck mate

So, I'm nervous.

Best of luck Ten Three

I think the Glazers need you at Man U to negotiate player contracts and transfers! Can you pass on a proven goal scorer at the Champions League Level to pay nearly twice as much on a relatively unknown teenager? I thought you could do better than Woodward and co....

If not that, surely you could try real hard to be as politically incorrect as possible to become qualified to be the FIFA rep doing the scandal investigation brouhah...?

If you're totally desperate, couldn't you apply to be Jermain Defoe's personal assistant?

On a serious note, I thought about your job prospects today too and am sorry you can't hold a press conference yet.

Yeah, wishing you the best 10-3. I want to change jobs too and have burned through most of my holiday days whilst getting to second interviews a couple of times. Having to pull it back for the mo as otherwise I'll have no time off at Christmas. New year will mean new holiday allowance, and will be all systems go again !

Just one more win for Wales, and something I was starting to think might never happen in my lifetime, will be a reality. And finally we'll have qualified for a major Tournament. #TogetherStronger #WalesAtEuro2016

You mean Bales, surely?

Kidding. I really want them to progress (for obvious footballing reasons, and for taking a shine from story reasons) and am totally confident that they will. They're a real cohesive unit and work dead hard.

It is always nice to see (relative) minnows succeed against the odds. Of course it's just a little bit easier now with 24 teams in the finals, but still a great achievement. I'm rooting for Iceland for the exact same reasons... :D

It is always nice to see (relative) minnows succeed against the odds. Of course it's just a little bit easier now with 24 teams in the finals, but still a great achievement. I'm rooting for Iceland for the exact same reasons... :D

I think even ordinarily without the expanded format, Iceland and Wales truly deserve their results. I mean, Iceland beat Holland twice, and Wales are unbeaten in their qualifying games and have won against Belgium. Shout out to Slovakia too, three points ahead of Spain at the top of their group, and nearly there as well.

I really want them to do well.

I think even ordinarily without the expanded format, Iceland and Wales truly deserve their results.

Oh, absolutely, I wasn't trying to belittle their achievements in any way. Especially Icelands (sorry, WLKRAS ;) ). For a country with just over 300k people it is nothing short of sensational to qualify (which I think is almost certain now).

For a country like Denmark, however, expanding the finals just means that from now on not qualifying will be a massive failure... :rolleyes:

Archived