FMS Community Thread Episode VIII: Disneyland

tenthreeleader

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you may have noticed I have brought the first part of JTH to a close. I'm in the planning stages for part 2; but I don't want to get into it straight away. As such I was thinking we might have a sign-up. Some of you might remember Down and Out in South Africa back in 2010. I'm thinking of reviving the format for Down and Out Across Europe for the 2020 Euros.

I'm looking for anyone who would be interested to sign up.

22 minutes ago, Celtic_1967 said:

As you may have noticed I have brought the first part of JTH to a close. I'm in the planning stages for part 2; but I don't want to get into it straight away. As such I was thinking we might have a sign-up. Some of you might remember Down and Out in South Africa back in 2010. I'm thinking of reviving the format for Down and Out Across Europe for the 2020 Euros.

I will definately be in for that mate

On 18/01/2021 at 12:06, WLKRAS said:

Hello all you old timers returning, here's another one. I don't check in here anywhere near as much as I should (or would like to). Hope you're all keeping well in these strange times.

@mark wilson27if you need more for the 15-1, stick me in, always a good laugh (and might encourage me to return!).

Will be able to add you to the database as I have had to get the new laptop

On 22/01/2021 at 14:53, Celtic_1967 said:

I'd definitely be interested in a sign up as and when it kicks off

I'm also game for this, sign me up! I have a terrible record in Mark's sign-ups, so I can't do much worse here...

34 minutes ago, EvilDave said:

I'm also game for this, sign me up! I have a terrible record in Mark's sign-ups, so I can't do much worse here...

Will see what happens in the next one, but yes your record is about as good as mine 

Add me in as well, hope you keeping well 

Right guys now my new laptop is up and running, I'm going to restart another sign up. As I always do it in England, I was thinking of another country this time in Europe. Where would you lot like to ply your trade this time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is only kinda tangentially related, but I was watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV and found it somewhat interesting. The idea (a clueless American coach in English football) would have made for a nice FM Story indeed. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, CFuller said:

So... the European Super League. :mad:

I feel sick.

Your not the only one mate, my interest in football is slowly dwindling year my year.

It's all about the money nothing more nothing less..

On another note....need some player names (that can be published) for the Wanderers...

So either PM me some with nationality and position.

Just remember with the nationality it might be difficult to get sonmeone from Kazakhstan haha

19 hours ago, CFuller said:

So... the European Super League. :mad:

I feel sick.

I'm just really, really disappointed TBH. But then given what we know about Kroenke and what Arsenal have done over the past year, I wasn't totally surprised.

My interest in football has fallen a whole lot since the pandemic, and Arsenal's treatment of its staff left a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like it's unlikely I'll watch Arsenal in its current form if they plough ahead with this.

Sigh.

Same. For all the love I have for Barça, they can get bent if this actually happens in the end as far as I'm concerned.

But hey, at least this has opened a lot of FM edit options for fun saves. Remove the 12 from the playable leagues, put them billions in debt, then release all their players and staff, hit continue, see what happens? Sounds like a blast. :D

34 minutes ago, Dalbeider said:

Same. For all the love I have for Barça, they can get bent if this actually happens in the end as far as I'm concerned.

But hey, at least this has opened a lot of FM edit options for fun saves. Remove the 12 from the playable leagues, put them billions in debt, then release all their players and staff, hit continue, see what happens? Sounds like a blast. :D

I'm actually working on a database where the Super League teams are expelled from their leagues, and their players are released/banned. There are a few of those DBs around already (like this one), but I want to make sure those 12 teams get the maximum punishment - no leagues, no cups, no Europe, no transfers, NOTHING.

Whole thing was a non starter. Think it just shows the problems in the game. The money that has been increasing every year needs to stop and filter down the league's and into proper jobs like the emergency services. I won't hold any hope of the latter happening but it would be nice.

6 hours ago, BenArsenal said:

Yeah.

Football's very corrupt right now. I hope this serves as a moment of self reflection and soul searching.

UEFA and the likes have to look at themselves too. They're not completely innocent.

hasn't it always been corrupt? The blatant France hand ball in the international qualification playoff which got ignored so France could progress as they would bring more fan appeal to the tournament than Ireland. 

The dubious at best relationship between Wolves and Mendes.

The hilarity of applying only financial based penalties to clubs who breach FFP rules.

The cynic in me says these clubs aren't stupid. There is some position they are bargaining for by going public then withdrawing so suddenly.  

On 21/04/2021 at 19:10, mark wilson27 said:

Me personally would ban all the clubs that signed up for this from European Competition for the next two years

What I would like to see in terms of punishments (not that it'll happen):

- Ban from European competition for next season

- Points deduction in the league next season. I would go with half the points accrued from this season. It's hefty enough to make a significant difference, but not too devastating to send them into collapse

- Transfer limitations, perhaps for next two or four transfer windows. What I mean by this is, if one of these 12 clubs want to buy a player for X amount, they need to sell one player for the same amount. And same applies to wages. If you want to pay your new signing 100k a week, you need to get rid of someone who's earning that same amount or more. And you cannot sell to a fellow Dirty 12 club, nor any of your 'affiliates' (like Man City's giant network of clubs worldwide)

- When fans are allowed back into stadiums again, enforce the rule that fans of these clubs get free entry to all of their matches, for a season or two. Waive off season ticket prices. This would hit the clubs (and thus their owners) financially, while at the same time rewarding the fans that have been screwed over by these clubs for so long

Edited by BenArsenal

• 2 weeks later...

It is, but I think we're already quite deep into dangerous territory anyway. Modern society, especially given everything that has happened in the past year, appears to be slowly sinking into anarchy. I feel like people are starting to really push back against all sorts of things, and make their voices known.

For better or for worse, we can only wait and see.

Edited by BenArsenal

I sympathize with the United fans, we went through the same with Hicks and Gillett and very nearly got wound up. If FSG hadn't bought us our club would have died. I feel our fans respect where we have come with them otherwise we would be protesting like United as well.

There should be better ways to protest than today, forcing the game to postpone went too far and will only hurt United more with the congested calendar. I'm not sure what United fans expect to happen either. Who is going to want to stump up over £1 billion on a football club in the current times? Looking at today's scenes who would want to buy that club if the fans are capable of doing that? Anarchy is probably the right word for the current times. 

I'm not sure what needs to change in the current climate but when we are talking about off the pitch much more than on it then we clearly have a problem. 

Thing is we are going to get hit with a fine (Which isnt a problem) but points deductions more than likely. Maybe the points deduction will be when it happens again. Theirs no doubt it will

I have mixed feelings really. I don't condone violence or property damage, but I think the spirit is right in trying to make a difference. Something drastic has to be done in order to make an impact and force a change for the better.

As an Arsenal fan I can only wish we have that kind of strength in protesting against Kroenke (but not to the point of violence). 

Edited by BenArsenal

Thats the thing Ben, A steward who was doing his job got injured. Protest yes but when it turns to violence the protest becomes useless because thats what people will notice.

Like Salkster said its not going to make a bit of difference as who is going to stump up a billion quid

• 3 weeks later...

With the football season finishing I'm going to have my usual time off from the forums. Have fun guys

Just remember we have the Hall of Fame vote and so far I'm the only one to have voted

As someone who is watching from afar, I must admit to feeling a bit selfish and jaded. Given the season that's just passed and all the troubles and exertions over the past season, I'd actually want a break from football, if only for the players' sake and overall quality of the game. This Euro 2020 all over the continent business was a good idea before the pandemic, now I'm not too sure.

In that respect I'm actually glad Arsenal don't have many players called up. We only have had four call-ups (Tierney, Leno, Xhaka and Saka), and of those only Tierney and Xhaka are realistically going to get any significant game time. Saka might not even make the final cut for England, Leno will watch the whole thing from the bench, and the other two, I don't expect their countries to go very far.

The likes of Bellerin and Lacazette have been left out, and I confess, I was actually relieved when I found that out, because it means they can have a proper rest over the summer.

I do think the amount of injuries this season comes down to a lack of a proper break last summer and a quick pre season. Realistically they aren't going to get much rest until 2023 with the world cup being next year. As a fan that's great with the amount of football but I imagine the players aren't too impressed with it. No wonder they didn't want to play the Super League as well! 

As a side note to the latter i'm very curious as to how UEFA will punish Madrid, Barca and Juventus. Unless they are banned from the Champions League for a season or two, think UEFA would lose some credibility. 

I saw someone on the Internet half-jokingly say that UEFA should throw them into the new Conference League thingy. It's not what the trio would want exactly, and they still have to get messed up in UEFA's competitions.

In some seriousness I'm not sure how UEFA could win this one TBH. Throwing them out of the Champions League could be precisely the trigger point for the teams to stick to their guns even further and say "We don't need you anyway".

• 3 weeks later...