FMS Community Thread Episode VIII: Disneyland

tenthreeleader

I think we've gone WAY past the point where closing stadiums and issuing token fines no longer cuts it. Bulgaria have previous for racism, and the fact that the monkey chants continued after two stoppages and tannoy warnings (not to mention a half-time plea by the Bulgarian captain to a section of the crowd) is damning.

Expel them from the Euros, and the next World Cup as well. Also give a first and final warning to all Bulgarian clubs that they face similar expulsions from European competitions if their fans are found guilty of racism.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Rien102 said:

9 December 2060???

Do you not go this far!? :D 

10 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

how dare you take away his dream!

It needed taking away. Useless skill in the Vanarama! :D 

il y a 11 minutes, gavrenwick a dit :

Do you not go this far!? :D 

fartest I went was 2049, with a custom DB (22 English leagues one) and ended-up having a corrupt save...  Other than that, 2035/40 is pretty much my limit nowadays... with no custom DB anymore! ;)

My FM 07 is still going in 2030 (England World Cup year!) and that's with every single thing loaded.

I don't plan on stopping but one day there might be a random bug or corruption and that's it. My guy will have died of a heart attack.

But if that doesn't happen, I have until my compressed save reaches about 1GB. That's when it's unable to save (hence why I'm compressing now - takes 12 minutes to save!). This is all assuming the move to Windows 10 doesn't kill it.

*Receives email from Cadbury to see if his random-given predicted result of conveniently unrealistic scorelines matched*

"Unlucky. You didn't get a match this time. The score wasn't 3-2, it was actually 9-0."

Wait, what?

• 2 weeks later...

I got to a point in my FM13 save when many other clubs just wouldn't appoint any new physios to replace old ones. As such, many of our Premier League rivals struggled with more severe injuries than we did.

I also noticed that Monaco's manager retired in the early 2030s, and they just didn't bother to appoint a new one. I even added a user manager at Monaco, put him on holiday for a season and retired him, but they still didn't replace him. They effectively went 10+ years without a proper manager.

Very-long-term FM saves can get very glitchy indeed. :D

Edited by CFuller

So... this has just happened at Romford FC.

I don't know what to think. Glenn Tamplin's a bit of a charlatan who turned Billericay into a media circus. He's now shacked up at Romford (bottom of the Isthmian North), sacked the club's manager of 12 years, and replaced him with... Glenn Tamplin. :rolleyes:

Mind you, Tamplin has promised to build a new stadium in Romford - that one thing the club has desperately needed for so long. He also wants to take the Boro into the EFL (something he also said he'd do at Billericay before bailing out on them in the National League South).

So yeah, this takeover could completely transform Romford's fortunes... or it could turn the club into another of his failed vanity projects. Either way, it really does make me even more interested in managing them again on FM21. :D

Well well well...

Honestly, as an Arsenal fan, what Spurs have done is nothing short of amusing to me. If anything I'm just glad that it has taken Mourinho out of the reckoning should Emery leave us.

I really think Spurs have shot themselves in the foot here. IMO Mourinho is past it, and he often leaves clubs in a toxic state that is downright appalling. Sure he can give you a short term trophy here or there, but think about the future and what the legacy of Mourinho will leave behind. Just ask a Man U fan now.

6 hours ago, BenArsenal said:

Well well well...

Honestly, as an Arsenal fan, what Spurs have done is nothing short of amusing to me. If anything I'm just glad that it has taken Mourinho out of the reckoning should Emery leave us.

I really think Spurs have shot themselves in the foot here. IMO Mourinho is past it, and he often leaves clubs in a toxic state that is downright appalling. Sure he can give you a short term trophy here or there, but think about the future and what the legacy of Mourinho will leave behind. Just ask a Man U fan now.

indeed, I'm glad he came to us when he did the 1st time when he still had something to prove and was hungry to win, now he just seems to be happy signing big money deals and getting paid out when he gets sacked before they are over.

So Mourinho moves from one club that sabotages him by refusing to buy players he needs then sacking him and joins a club that just did the same.

I doubt José is taking this seriously and just sees it as a nice little sojourn. Or he's panicked as he hasn't liked the calibre of club coming in for him. Either he wins them the FA Cup and can claim another success, or it ends badly but he hasn't left the club any worse off and can say he couldn't change the culture of the club / squad.

I'm confused... how is 4:12 not a blatant foul and possibly a yellow card?

Just really bad refereeing or is there another silly law I don't know? Can you murder a guy as long as you can poke a toe on the ball at the end?

Never mind that the throw-in afterwards was taken on the pitch.

Come to think of it, why not just get rid of foul throws? It's football, if anything it should be passed back in.

So 3 clubs have sacked their manager now (Emery been sacked if you haven't heard yet). Could we be set for a record this year? I'll be surprised if Marco Silva and Manuel Pellegrini don't get sacked before Christmas and Solskjaer is always a possibility the less likely they are to get European football next season. Spurs and Arsenal going for a change will decrease those chances for me considering how well Leicester are doing as well. Southampton probably won't be far off either around Xmas and maybe Norwich as well in the New Year. 

Bye, bye, Emery.

latest?cb=20121111190406&path-prefix=de

I think our next manager needs to be a younger, longer-term appointment - and preferably someone who previously played for us. Mikel Arteta lacks managerial experience but would probably be my top choice.

@salkster2102 Silva and Pellegrini look doomed. I can't see Hasenhuttl lasting much longer either, and I wouldn't be surprised if Watford go for ANOTHER change of coach (I hear Gianfranco Zola's available :D). However, I think Man Utd will keep faith in Solskjaer for a while yet.

@CFuller I'd personally like Eddie Howe to be given a chance at a bigger club and I think his brand of football would be a good fit for Arsenal. Though I fully expect Arsenal's senseless owners to go for another foreigner with no Premier League experience. Would be interesting to see if Arsenal go along the same model as United and Chelsea with a former manager giving youth a chance.

Good shout with Watford though I hadn't considered them sacking Gracia though they aren't getting any better under him. Watford are due a stint in the Championship. A couple of surprises I can see are Hodgson if Palace continue their bad run and Bruce once Newcastle go back to being s**t. I just can't see Solskjaer lasting a full season when it gets to March and they are struggling to qualify for the Europa League yet alone probably being over 20 points behind Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, salkster2102 said:

@CFuller I'd personally like Eddie Howe to be given a chance at a bigger club and I think his brand of football would be a good fit for Arsenal. Though I fully expect Arsenal's senseless owners to go for another foreigner with no Premier League experience. Would be interesting to see if Arsenal go along the same model as United and Chelsea with a former manager giving youth a chance.

I'd like a club like ours to give Howe a chance. He's obviously worked wonders at Bournemouth, but with his defensive record, is he the right man to fix our biggest problem? That's the only doubt I really have about him.

If we go for Allegri, I guarantee you he'll win a cup (or two) and be gone within three years, and then we'll be having this discussion all over again. Just like Manchester United post-Fergie.

3 minutes ago, salkster2102 said:

Good shout with Watford though I hadn't considered them sacking Gracia though they aren't getting any better under him. Watford are due a stint in the Championship.

They certainly aren't getting any better under Gracia right now... because they axed him and brought Flores back in September, didn't they? And already they're apparently thinking of sacking him! :lol:

Watford is the epitome of pretty much everything that is wrong with top-level football now. Players and coaches coming in and out at an alarming rate, homegrown youth being neglected, no clear philosophy, etc. Relegation is long overdue.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

They certainly aren't getting any better under Gracia right now... because they axed him and brought Flores back in September, didn't they? And already they're apparently thinking of sacking him! :lol:

Watford is the epitome of pretty much everything that is wrong with top-level football now. Players and coaches coming in and out at an alarming rate, homegrown youth being neglected, no clear philosophy, etc. Relegation is long overdue.

:ackter:

I'd forgot it was back to him now, that's how much I keep track of who their latest manager is  :lol:

In fairness to Eddie Howe though his style doesn't promote a strong defense. Not like an Allegri at Juventus or a Dyche at Burnley way.  Even Guardiola's way of playing sets up for a leaky defense. I'd argue that just having better defensive players at the club than having a more defensive manager will massively improve Arsenal. City without Laporte are a shadow of the defense without him and Liverpool were very leaky until Van Dijk and Fabinho came in. Let's face it, how many of Arsenals players barring Aubameyang and Lacazette are getting in other top half teams in the league?

Like United, Arsenal need a clear out from those running the club at the top and making a clear structure to what they want to do. City prepared years ago for Guardiola coming in to suit him and Liverpool have been changing their structure massively since Klopp came in and look where they both are now.

Maybe this was why Potter (Brighton's manager) was awarded a 2-year extension to what's now a 6-year contract, just 3 months into the season...

I think it doesn't matter who a club brings in. At some point they'll lose a few games and get sacked, then the next stopgap comes in.

The moment Liverpool have a bad season, Klopp is gone. Heck, the moment Man City aren't winning the title in November, he's answering questions on his future. Then again, managers are getting sacked after meeting and even bettering pre-season targets. Joke sport.

Edited by git2thachoppa

I mean, as the game against Norwich shows, the manager is just a small part of much bigger problems at Arsenal. The board needs to put trust in the next manager and let him do his thing, and the next guy in needs to have the smarts to overhaul the squad and bring in some proper quality players who actually want to play for the club, and do it with conviction.

I think a decent outside bet could be Patrick Vieira. He has some managerial experience, and he's a club legend. Ljungberg and Arteta are fine men but they have limited experience so far leading a team.

i agree with the majority of the managerial sackings on here, just not the Norwich one. I would be very surprised if they got rid of Farke, the way they played in the Championship last year, going from nobody talking about them to them winning the title was quite special. Plus realistically nobody probably expects them to stay up, so if they go down fighting but they beat Man City and draw with Arsenal along the way, I can only see it strengthening his position.

18 hours ago, mark wilson27 said:

Right guys, with the new game comes the usual 15-1 type story...So as per every year name a playable league and whether your in and we go from there

my breath has just clicked over to baited, please explain

6 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

Look here sir and you shall see...Theres been several incarnations of it 

so it's a story with the people who opt in as characters? (if so i'm in)

but if it's a story about a multiplayer game where we all play and participate then i'm out as I don't have the latest version of the game :) 

13 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

so it's a story with the people who opt in as characters? (if so i'm in)

but if it's a story about a multiplayer game where we all play and participate then i'm out as I don't have the latest version of the game :) 

It's the first one. Basically, Mark adds us to the database as managers, and then he tracks our progress in-game as we're eliminated one-by-one until the last man (or woman) is left standing. A bit like the old TV game show.

And @mark wilson27, consider this post to be my entry. ;)

I'm game for this, Mark - I may not be writing much at the moment but happy to be written about!

As for the league, happy with Ben's China suggestion. Or, depending on numbers, somewhere with a ridiculous league system like Belgium.

Edited by EvilDave

23 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

Mandy is a sir?

Yeah. my gaming nickname from the dawn of time has been Mandragoran ( character from the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time novels) but seen as gamers are all inherently lazy it always got shortened to Mandy, which was both unanimous and amusing enough for me to accept it.

Then add on 42 from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and voila! 

4 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

Yeah. my gaming nickname from the dawn of time has been Mandragoran ( character from the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time novels) but seen as gamers are all inherently lazy it always got shortened to Mandy, which was both unanimous and amusing enough for me to accept it.

Then add on 42 from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and voila! 

I thought we had the rarest thing in the world - a 42-year-old woman who played Football Manager. Such a combination must not exist.

Edited by git2thachoppa