Thank you FM gods

So I just started a new save with Sunderland, making a start on my usual quest to turn Sunderland into the best team in the world.

Now as always the very first thing I did was search the world (or at least as much of the world as I can scout) for unattached newgen youngsters who might be worth picking up. Usually this results in half a dozen signings, most of which will never get near the first team but occasionally I'll find a kid who will eventually work his way in to the team a few years down the line.

Well this time it was a bit different. I was looking through the usual mass of scout reports about players who weren't worth touching when I did a double take, an unattached 16 year old GK rated as 4 stars for CA who was interested in joining me.

I present to you the latest signing for SAFC, Ian Kenyon:

Rstjoex.jpg

£110 per week, free transfer, 16 years old and already the best GK at the club with bags of room to improve according to my coaches!

Thank you FM gods!

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I would be tempted to get him on a better contract now and tie him up for 4 or 5 years

I'm trying! Because I signed him at 16 I was only able to offer him what I have done already and it's too soon since he signed that one. I'm checking almost weekly to see if he'll enter negotiations again!

Yes I have noticed start of save the lower leagues in the US have tons of youth available. some good some not. 

You also get at least one player from the nation you are managing in. Mine usually pops up in the league rumors. I signed one for Rangers in Scotland he is good and will be a first teamer now if I signed him for any other team bar Celtic in Scotland he would be even better. 

Question how do you set up your scout to search ? 

Archived