Controversial VAR

I am sick of seeing again and again players moan about goals being "controversially" ruled out by VAR.  Seriously how could it be controversial if an offside is caught clearly on VAR? Even the slightest offiside is still an offiside offense.

28 分钟前, GianniM说:

Look at the two CL matches between Ajax and Real Madrid, VAR was controversial in both

But it is usually controversial whether a player participates in the attack, not whether a player is in a offside position.

5 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Despite offsides usually being an objective decision, pundits/commentary in real life still look to create controversy from those decisions.

But in game is it set to make some controversy decisions too in some % ?

1289518548_Offside1.jpg.f2616a30851d0f07

In this situation Paradizo scored a goal with a head and referee said it was offside there was no replay of game showing offside lines etc after that and the goal was scored right way and I had a lot situations where the lines are just somewhere else shown not like the last players etc

• SI Staff

Officials can make mistakes. VAR should always be correct though.

Any specific examples of cases where you think offside lines shouldn't/should be showing should be raised in the match forums with PKMs.

10 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

But in game is it set to make some controversy decisions too in some % ?

1289518548_Offside1.jpg.f2616a30851d0f07

In this situation Paradizo scored a goal with a head and referee said it was offside there was no replay of game showing offside lines etc after that and the goal was scored right way and I had a lot situations where the lines are just somewhere else shown not like the last players etc

In that case, it might have been offside if one of the players closer to the goalkeeper obstructed him. Offside isn't just being in a position where you are closer to the goal than the 2nd to last opposition player - http://www.offside-ref.co.uk/laws/11-offside-rule/detailed/

9 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

In that case, it might have been offside if one of the players closer to the goalkeeper obstructed him. Offside isn't just being in a position where you are closer to the goal than the 2nd to last opposition player - http://www.offside-ref.co.uk/laws/11-offside-rule/detailed/

But all of the are so far away from the keeper and last defender

13 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

That's a load of rubbish. Show me a case of offside where the player deemed offside is not in a position where they are closer to the goal than the 2nd to last opposition player. I understand there are other stipulations, but the stipulation you have just commented is the very stipulation that deems you offside.

7 hours ago, Lynchyy said:

That's a load of rubbish. Show me a case of offside where the player deemed offside is not in a position where they are closer to the goal than the 2nd to last opposition player. I understand there are other stipulations, but the stipulation you have just commented is the very stipulation that deems you offside.

I don;t think that's what he meant.

Being in an offside position isn't an offence, there is more to it than that. Being in an onside position here isn't an issue, but being in an offside position only becomes an offence if other 'criteria' are met. 

Playing or attemmtping to play the ball

Gaining an advantage from being in an ofsdie postions

Interfering with an opposition player (blocking view, blocking a run etc)  

all turn it into an offence.

Of course you should never be given offside if there are two defending players between you and the goal line.

Archived