Fallen Giant Saves

enders357

I'm after a new challenge and wondered if anyone had a 'fallen giant' in their save, where big name clubs have fallen from grace. Ideally we're looking for your saves where clubs like Liverpool, Spurs, Atletico, Dortmund, or their equaivalents in other top leagues have been relegated and need a great young manager to return them to the top! If you've got one, post the save in here for us to download and play!

Some great teams to consider if you wish to start a new save.

In England

• Nottingham Forest -  2 Champions League/ European Cup -1979 , 1980- currently in Championship
  • Aston Villa - Champions League/ European Cup 1982, 7 times Top division champion- currently in Championship
  • Leeds United- 3 time league champions, Champions League/ European Cup runner up 1975 - currently in Championship

In France

• Stade de Reims - twice Champions League/ European Cup runners up in 1956 and 1959, 6 time French league champion last in 1962
  • Saint Etienne- record 10 French league titles last in 1981

In Germany

• Hamburg- 6 times League champion, 1 Champions League/ European Cup 1983, runner up in 1980, recently relegated
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach- 5 time German champion- last in 1977, Champions League/ European Cup 1977

In Italy

• Genoa- 9 time League champions- last all the way back in 1924, one of Italy's oldest clubs
  • Torino- 7 time League champion- last back in 1976
  • Bologna- 7 time league champion last back in 1964
  • Parma- Never won the league but that team of the 90's which won UEFA Cup Twice, recently promoted back after getting relegated all the way to Serie D after bankruptcy.

In Spain

• RCD Mallorca- recently promoted back to the Segunda division- wouldn't necessarily be a fallen giant but had some great players down the years Eto'o for example.
  • Deportivo la Coruna-  La Liga champions in 2000, Champions League Semi finalists in 2004, some fantastic former players Tristian, Valeron,

On 26/03/2019 at 17:04, enders357 said:

I'm after a new challenge and wondered if anyone had a 'fallen giant' in their save, where big name clubs have fallen from grace. Ideally we're looking for your saves where clubs like Liverpool, Spurs, Atletico, Dortmund, or their equaivalents in other top leagues have been relegated and need a great young manager to return them to the top! If you've got one, post the save in here for us to download and play!

Guess you should change your topic title :P 

Another few which would be a great save

Germany

• Dynamo Dreseden - 8 time East German Champions (just behind Berliner FC Dynamo who have 10 and won them in a row- they are now in German 4th division so not available unless you use editor)
  • FC Nurnberg- 9 league titles (second highest in Bundesliga history) last in 1968,  recently promoted back to top flight

England

• Preston North End - the first ever English league champions , haven't been back to the top flight since relegation in 1961

Netherlands

• Sparta Rotterdam- The oldest professional team in the Netherlands 6 time Eredivisie champions, recently relegated to the 2nd Division.

Outside of clubs on an International side, a Hungary save coupled with say a Budapest Honvéd FC (the club were many of the golden team played) would be great were you can build up the new Golden Team.

Fellas you are missing the point of this thread.  Read the OP it is all about what happens in-game.  I anyone has a save where they notice a massive team being relegated, i have seen Spurs and Inter Milan go down in the 2020s this year. Then upload it and let us have a go.

57 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Fellas you are missing the point of this thread.  Read the OP it is all about what happens in-game.  I anyone has a save where they notice a massive team being relegated, i have seen Spurs and Inter Milan go down in the 2020s this year. Then upload it and let us have a go.

:applause:

1 hour ago, Carlf788 said:

It says fallen giants :lol:

I'd classify everton higher than spurs,  albeit spurs are doing better currently, Everton would be the more successful club

• 2 weeks later...

I am in 2026 in my save with about 9 nations loaded.  Juventus haven't won the league since 2019/2020 and have just finished 14th in Serie A, they only confirmed their status for next season with a few games left. Not relegated but their reputation may fall to national.  they have taken to loaning my reserve squad...

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame this thread got off topic spammed and went to what it seems like an early grave.

I'm still relatively early in my Larne career, but will post if someone big in England/Germany/France/Italy falls.

Archived