broken re gens

4 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

something wierd is happening to all the english re gens when i try to sign them. normally they mostly reject any advances but this season they all to be a key player and want 30 to 100 k a week !!! makes no sense 

If I remember correctly, this is because it shouldn't be so easy to poach all the youngster just at they "appear" in the game. So, they are unwilling to move so early, but will do if you pay them silly money. A good change in my opinion.

its never happened before. these are not contracted to anyone yet. anyways how is making a game that is supposed to simulate the real game unrealstic a good change?

in the past they just say no its simple thats cool you know where you are but if liverpool go for a kid from crew he will probably want to go and hes hardly going to ask for 50 grand a week 

Just now, jamessmith010101 said:

its never happened before. these are not contracted to anyone yet. anyways how is making a game that is supposed to simulate the real game unrealstic a good change?

in the past they just say no its simple thats cool you know where you are but if liverpool go for a kid from crew he will probably want to go and hes hardly going to ask for 50 grand a week 

Yes, but they are on the youth candidate team of another team, so the other teams have "first choice" of signing them. If you should try to poach them you need to pay a premium. In earlier games it was far too easy to sign any and all talents on newgen-day.

your not getting it dude. they are new you candidates so they are not now contracted so anyone can in effect sign them. now for ages they will just refuse a contract simple as that but this time they all want silly money. that is not how it happens. in real life it happens all the time with players chelsea done it loads. liverpool done it with brewster and sterling and solanke but we didnt pay the kids 50 grand a week nor did they ask for it!!

1 minute ago, jamessmith010101 said:

your not getting it dude. they are new you candidates so they are not now contracted so anyone can in effect sign them. now for ages they will just refuse a contract simple as that but this time they all want silly money. that is not how it happens. in real life it happens all the time with players chelsea done it loads. liverpool done it with brewster and sterling and solanke but we didnt pay the kids 50 grand a week nor did they ask for it!!

I get what you are saying, I'm just not agreeing with you. Liverpool had to pay for those players. From what I can see they payed £600k for Sterling, Brewster were signed as a 14 year old, too early for FM. For Solanke, it was brought to a tribunal and Liverpool payed £3M as far as I can see. Since the game does not give you U14s, or U10s or U8s for that matter, the newgens are playing for your club and aren't "free contracts" to sign. They are playing for the youth academy of another team and to make it more realistic players are less likely than normal to leave before signing a youth contract.

It's a compromise to keep it as realistic as possible. If you want to step away from the compromise, then you need to do something special to sign them.

urgh i hate talking about the game with the  dont say it........dont say it ........ fanboys !! its never done this ever and ive played the game since i was 15 im now 45. it was fine before this batch you either paid a premium like city wanted 300 mill for a 16 yo ok cool or they didnt want to discuss it at all im cool with that. but making a sim er not a sim is a bit stupid. its like saying offsides are annoying so we will jjust get rid of them coz we can. its not realistic for a 15 yo without a contract to want 50 k a week period and no silly argument you put forward will change it 

3 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

urgh i hate talking about the game with the  dont say it........dont say it ........ fanboys !! its never done this ever and ive played the game since i was 15 im now 45. it was fine before this batch you either paid a premium like city wanted 300 mill for a 16 yo ok cool or they didnt want to discuss it at all im cool with that. but making a sim er not a sim is a bit stupid. its like saying offsides are annoying so we will jjust get rid of them coz we can. its not realistic for a 15 yo without a contract to want 50 k a week period and no silly argument you put forward will change it 

Thanks, you just proved why no one should take you seriously.

4 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

You started playing CM/FM 3 years before the original CM was released in 1992? Good stuff! 

Anyway, regarding your original comments. You seem to be comparing different scenarios. 

"fine before this batch you either paid a premium like city wanted 300 mill for a 16 yo ok cool or they didnt want to discuss it at all im cool with that"

"its not realistic for a 15 yo without a contract to want 50 k a week period and no silly argument you put forward will change it"

City wanted £300m for a player under contract. You have the situation there where they've signed pro terms. Whereas you have a 15 year old not under contract in the other scenario and can talk to them without the club knowing. 

Realistically, clubs in England don't get to know their intake with a fresh batch on 15 year olds that turn up for a trial, these players have been at the club since as young as 7 on a year to year contract. This simulates a group of players that "graduate" the academy and have been a part of the club since day dot. It's natural for a player to not particularly want to move unless they are offered silly money. It's their way of saying "nah I'm OK thanks". Previously SI had these players flatly refuse to move, which is slightly unrealistic. Money talks, right?

tbf I generally preferred the flatly refuse to move approach to stopping the hoovering up of youth talent.

Though that said, I've found a couple of teenage internationals "not interested in joining me at this stage of their career" on non-contract pocket money in Africa when I'm playing in the Bundesliga next season, and that feels a little bit weirder than an excessive wage demand.

Realistically in England if you approach a player without a contract who is under 18, but part of another clubs youth system, you'd probably just be facing a transfer ban whether he accepted or not.

If I recall correctly Liverpool got off very luckily that just around that same time as they paid the enormous fee for Van Dijk and Southampton decided not to push the report of them tapping him up after they already got caught doing it with a young player from Stoke.

The game is having to emulate something it doesn't include, rightly or wrongly, because its rather distasteful in its nature how clubs tend have gone about touting themselves to youngsters with various tuition promises, private schools etc. Youth football is a poorly regulated, poorly documented area of the game. A lot of people are just trying to make some money out of it, whether its agents or even sometimes parents themselves. 

Coming back to the Liverpool example, while most clubs aren't as naive about it as Liverpool seemed to be around that time, when a player is caught up in it they tend not to be able to represent anyone in the professional game. I know that nearly 2 years later, the lad in question between Stoke and Liverpool couldn't play for either and couldn't be registered with any club. 

Personally, I don't think its worth SI taking the time to implement the various mechanisms involved that usually end up just negatively impacting upon a young lad. 

- - -

Also @enigmatic at what age and level are you at respectively? I only ask because one of my saves this year is in Sweden. I tend to find that 16-18 year old African players with potential are very easy signings. At one point I think I had 5 or 6 squad members signed this way.

3 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

3 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

idiot

There have been enough warnings recently about throwing insults around and use of the term "fanboy".  Use of "fanboy" is explicitly mentioned in the forum rules, as is insulting people.  Nobody said anything to you which warranted such a response.

If you can't have a civil discussion with someone who has a different opinion or offers an explanation (which is what happened here) without resorting to insults, I can do something about that for you.  Your choice.

On 07/04/2019 at 20:30, santy001 said:

Realistically in England if you approach a player without a contract who is under 18, but part of another clubs youth system, you'd probably just be facing a transfer ban whether he accepted or not.

If I recall correctly Liverpool got off very luckily that just around that same time as they paid the enormous fee for Van Dijk and Southampton decided not to push the report of them tapping him up after they already got caught doing it with a young player from Stoke.

The game is having to emulate something it doesn't include, rightly or wrongly, because its rather distasteful in its nature how clubs tend have gone about touting themselves to youngsters with various tuition promises, private schools etc. Youth football is a poorly regulated, poorly documented area of the game. A lot of people are just trying to make some money out of it, whether its agents or even sometimes parents themselves. 

Coming back to the Liverpool example, while most clubs aren't as naive about it as Liverpool seemed to be around that time, when a player is caught up in it they tend not to be able to represent anyone in the professional game. I know that nearly 2 years later, the lad in question between Stoke and Liverpool couldn't play for either and couldn't be registered with any club. 

Personally, I don't think its worth SI taking the time to implement the various mechanisms involved that usually end up just negatively impacting upon a young lad. 

- - -

Also @enigmatic at what age and level are you at respectively? I only ask because one of my saves this year is in Sweden. I tend to find that 16-18 year old African players with potential are very easy signings. At one point I think I had 5 or 6 squad members signed this way.

A 19 year old Mozambican with 19 caps who's currently earning £0 p/a on a non-contract basis is the most glaring one. Only hot prospect level for me in the Bundesliga, but he's literally got nothing to stay for. Admittedly it looks like he's now finally starting to consider a move with ambitious enough promises, but you'd still think it was dragging Griezmann away from Atletico rather than offering someone an actual professional football career!

A couple of 18 and 19 year old Angolan internationals on £100 p/w at Petro de Luanda still won't even think about a move to me "at this stage in their career". The weird thing is, now my scout has looked at them more, I doubt they'll actually be good enough ability or potential wise for any of the AI clubs that recruit overseas to pick them up and whilst I'm not actually necessarily a higher reputation club than the Angolan champions, I can pay an awful lot more and give them a gateway to a decent level of professional football in Europe

A few more reasonable ones (Ivorian at ASEC and Tunisian at ES Tunis, both with PSG looking at them, able to walk into my first team and likely to end up world class) also won't touch me on the grounds I'm not big enough to meet their ambitions, which is fair enough because I'm sure the AI will sign them before I can.

At the other end of the scale, I've got players at clubs in Colombia which are actually much bigger than me in notional reputation and pay comparatively decent wages interested in a move. I guess Adaptability and Ambition/Loyalty play big roles.

Archived