Atalanta got real life fm’ed...

For everyone who has complained about strikers not scoring, game being broken or scripted etc (yes I’ve had my moments as well)  check this real life example out from tonight... 

“Frustrating is not a strong enough word for an Atalanta side who broke an unwanted record in a remarkable goalless Serie A draw with Empoli. The Champions League qualification chasers managed 47 (FORTY SEVEN) shots, 18 of which were on target... and drew 0-0. That's an effort roughly every two minutes.”

ouch 😐

This isn't getting FM'd tho. On FM this game would have more likely ended at least 1-0.

This is "FM'd", as Fmers tend to use that term in Terms of raw shot volumes, rather than actual Quality. (Which is vital, as in a bucket load of Matches you are going to have laods of shots by the sheer virtue of AI Picking defensive tactics).

0BUga6T.png

There's absolutely a reason why the game tends to be more predictable than footie, both in the Long as well as short term. I'd rather bet on FM than on football (Which is a shame, btw) If the game were to one day simulate a human managed CR7 not hitting a cow's arse for months despite dozens actually decent attempts; Arsenal doing similar in a title race against Leicester; Juventus struggling to win in twelve despite being all over their Opposition; or Dortmund slumping to dead last mid Season despite being the better or at least equal Team in almost every match; then the game would spring more surprises, as tends to happen in individual Seasons in Football.

But it would cause a Forum and Steam Reviews start pages meltdown - followed by a harsh decline in sales. ;) 

• SI Staff

https://news.yahoo.com/atlanta-take-47-shots-against-emploi-but-fail-to-score-110258512.html

"No side in Europe’s top leagues has ever had so many attempts on goal, or on target, since records began."

"Of Atalanta’s efforts, 33 came from inside the penalty area. But no matter how hard they tried, they were unable to break the deadlock. Empoli had three shots themselves with only one on target.

To make things worse, Empoli are yet to win an away game this season, and have conceded 34 goals in their 16 games on the road - the worst record in the division."

10 часов назад, Svenc сказал:

AI Picking defensive tactics).

At first they choose attacking mentality and after this they surprised why AI parking bus ^_^

Anyway I often notice some things in IRL matches about which I think - "If it happens in FM I said its stupid and unrealistic thing" :D

1 час назад, Jack Joyce сказал:

To make things worse, Empoli are yet to win an away game this season, and have conceded 34 goals in their 16 games on the road - the worst record in the division."

Absolute life winners! Somebody invite Atalanta coach in SI tactical forum :)  

Archived