[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

MarcxD

Pre-Season 2028

pre-season-prediction

Of course predicted to finish last...

pre-season

Not the most convincing pre-season to go into La Liga, facing lower league sides but not demolishing them.

pre-season-tv-money

Whatever happens this season, whether we manage to stay up or not, this will help us for the long term.

pre-season-sell-on

And some more money added via the 50% sell-on clause.

pre-season-stadium

pre-season-transfers

Nothing too noteworthy, former first team players Domenech and Insa let go and the rest are younger players with some potential. Also released a ton of youth players. 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October - December 2028

december

As we still were without points after october, I decided to go a bit more hardcore and choose a few talents, not quite the best at their position but with much greater potential, and let them start most games. If we are going to lose anyway, it's better to give them the ability to develop. 

It actually seemed to workout for the better, as we immediately had a much better month with the first points. In december we even managed to get out first league win, and what a win! We're also surprisingly strong in the cup games. 

december-league-table

Relegation is really much of a certainty, but I hope we can at least get some more wins in and score some goals.

december-job-offer

For the first time (I think) I have been approached by a foreign team, and not a particularly small one either.

21 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Chances are you'll get relegated, but for the money alone this season will always be positive. As long as you don't spend too much time on the second tier before coming back up again, you'll be alright.

Yeah, that's true. Plus playing at this level can't hurt for the development.

January 2029

january

Even though we have a hard time of things in the league, it is a fantastic result to get to the semi finals of the cup. We did actually get a second win in the league this month, so all by all enough to be pleased with.

january-league-table

january-transfers

Stupidly I hadn't offered a senior contract to Contreras yet, a talent at AMR whom I'd given some starts already. Now I couldn't do much as Athletic offered him a contract. Luckily that position is one of the better stocked, but still annoying.

March 2029

march

Wow, fantastic month. Two wins in a row. What a match day performance from Escoruela, who has overtaken Ballesté as the best striker at the club.

march-league-table

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

This looks very good, with generally okay personalities as well.

On 11/06/2019 at 22:28, ucdark said:

What is the fixture of the last 8 matches? 

games

On 11/06/2019 at 23:10, john1 said:

Come on @MarcxD You can do it :D Fantastic run in Copa del Rey :cool:  

Thanks mate and for the confidence as always :D

April 2029

april

Wow, wow what a ridiculously strong month. Happy enough that we could win two games against relegation rivals, but to not lose to Barcelona and Atletico in games back to back... wtf!

april-league-table

It still might not be enough, but at least we are not in last position anymore. It's gonna go down to the last game.

april-profits

This was an interesting message to see... 

Season Review 2028-2029

post-season-season-review

Over the entire season we definitely deserved to get relegated, but those last few months showed that we could've stayed up. Too bad, but I definitely have hope that we can get promoted again next season - if I can keep the squad together. Of course many players needed new contracts in La Liga and relegation clauses were often impossible to remove from the negotations.

post-season-squad

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-table

57 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

It won't be long before you return, and then you certainly won't stay down. As the youth facilities improve, you'll get better players each year through youth intakes.

I hope so, should certainly be possible. Especially if I can keep hold of the best players

Pre-Season 2029

pre-season-prediction

Says a lot about the average ability that we are predicted to be in the relegation battle, but of course I will go for the promotion play-offs at least.

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-parachute

We're rich!

pre-season-new-stadium

We'll see when this happens...

pre-season-facilities

pre-season-upgrades

Couldn't get any improvements last season but luckily they will be coming this year.

pre-season

Decent enough pre-season, especially the opening game.

pre-season-transfers

Escoruela almost showed up in the departures list alongside these loanees. He only has one year left on his contract and he will not renew it. I agreed a 7.5M + clauses fee with FC Porto, but he denied their contract offer. Not unhappy he is staying, and we don't need the money, but it looks likely that he'll go away for free next summer.

November 2029

november

A perfect month! Close wins, but we were the better side in all 4 matches. 

november-league-table

Interesting to see Lugo doing almost as well, and Racing not far after. Will need to keep this up.

november-upgrades

november-upgrades-2

Building and building...

December 2029

december

Not quite perfect, but really good still. First half of the season unbeaten!

december-league-table

Happy news on the contract front as well, as Escoruela has signed a new deal. Against exorbitant wages, and with a 2M non promotion release clause, so not ideal. But still, happy that he's staying and I am counting on getting promoted this season.

10 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

how is the league still close despite your unbeaten run?

Terrific start nonetheless 

Bad luck that other teams are doing almost as good! It's interesting that previous seasons in the segunda the top teams were getting much less points. The season I got promoted the two teams that got automatic promotion had 85/80 points and 9/10 losses! 

Thanks!

January 2030

january

Out of the cup against Real Madrid, which is quite another level indeed... and then our first loss, perhaps due to the busy schedule. 

january-league-table

Only a very small lead remains, so it is imperative to get back to winning ways asap.

january-departure

Also lost a player for a very low sum, sadly his relegation release clause was still valid. He had become my first-choice AMR this season, and it seemed he still had some potential to grow further, so it's a shame. Luckily AMR is a position where I have other good players, and I recalled one from loan to replace him in the squad. Not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

February 2030

february

A second loss, surprisingly, against one of the bottom teams. Some good results elsewhere though, with some important goals from Francesc, the AMR I recalled from loan!

february-league-table

Even though we had a loss, our lead has actually grown. But it remains precarious.

March 2030 Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Happy with this, I definitely needed a talented left back. Will have to see about the others, but definitely see Martinez making the first team.

8 minutes ago, john1 said:

Absolutely gutted to see you only went down by a point in La Liga! :(  But good to see you're running away with the title this season :cool: 

Thanks mate, yeah that was disappointing but heading right back into La Liga :) 

May 2030

may

A poor first game of the month but fantastic month afterwards!

may-league-table

may-promotion

may-title

We've done it, and with some style. Fantastic how we've dominated the league this season. And now I've won a Tercera, Segunda B and Segunda title. Pretty decent!

may-record

Already a record, and with two more games we could potentially reach the three digits...

may-u19s

And it seems the future is very bright indeed.

June 2030

june

june-league-table

I'll guess we'll have to settle for 98 points then! 

Season Review 2029-2030

post-season-season-review

Dominated the league, sold out most games, got to the QF's in the cup... yeah this was a great season. Will be very interesting to see if we can make more of a dent in La Liga the second time around.

post-season-squad

It's goodbye to Vicente Reverté and Eduardo. Both legends of the club in my book - even if the game doesn't recognize them as such. But the club has grown past them.

It's looking like there'll be some more experienced players leaving after next season with multiple contracts ending in 2031. 

Some exciting talents have come up this season, with Jaume Ruiz being indispensable as a defensive midfielder, Gerard developing really well as a central defender and back-up for DM, Fran Recio having an insanely quick development as AML and is already rated above Amador who was first-choice this season (with Joel playing many matches as a central midfielder), Joan Herrero being the new second-choice GK with potential to grow much further and Oscar Martinez has already made his debut as DL as a 15-year old. Looking forward to see them grow further next season and beyond.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

Very remarkable that the game has already dropped Eduardo and Reverté from the best eleven of all time, as they have played so many more matches than others named here but I guess the average rating counts more.

post-season-table

22 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Well done bouncing straight back up. :thup:

22 hours ago, john1 said:

Brilliant :cool: Hopefully you can strengthen the team and fight to stay up!

Thanks guys! 

Pre-Season 2030

pre-season-prediction

Unsurprising....

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-upgrade

Money been put to some use...

pre-season-job

I could've started earning much more wages as well as I got offered my first international job and it's a big one. I said no though.

pre-season-transfers

No big departures, with Joutey simply not making it here and the others a bunch of loans to get them regular playing time at a higher level than the u-19s.

pre-season

Pretty happy with the pre-season, except for the last game perhaps. 

August - September 2030

august-september

After a very hard opening game against Atlético we have done amazingly well. Three home wins in the league already! Including wins against great opposition like Sevilla and Villarreal. Stunning, especially Escoruela's goalscoring efforts. Twice he scored in the dying minutes of the game to give us the win. Perseverance.

september-league-table

I doubt we'll stay quite this high up but it feel nice to already have 10 points.

september-pom

November 2030

november

Not really great as we lost to bottom table side Levante (and regional rival). Difference between our record at home and away is staggering!

november-league-table

Still mid-table as it's a very tight league.

november-krebs

Ah one of the football people I dislike the most in real life has found the time to interject his inane comments in my fm save. That's just great.

December 2030

december

Absolute madness!

We continued winning all home games.... including against Real Madrid, and not just any win but 5-2. Goals on the counter as they were trying to score, but still! Escoruela hattrick.

december-league-table

Keeping us in the fight for Europe. I still think we're going to crash at some point, but this has been a fantastic season so far.

december-upgrades

december-upgrades-2

Getting there!

december-pom

december-award

december-golden-boy

Not sure what the Kopa Trophy is but I'll take it. And the golden boy award...

escoruela

He is not world class but he has decent to great stats for the most important attributes. Interesting to see whether can grow on to actually become world class or whether this will be his level. It's not like he can score that much more goals than he is already doing...

January 2031

january

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that we were likely going to crash as this is the worst month so far. Hard games against Barcelona and Atletico, of course, but our home streak ended against Osasuna of all teams.

january-league-table

March 2031

march

A really strong month, with a nice variety of players scoring.

march-league-table

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Awesome! This one is great as a large number of players seem to be able to get to a decent level here. My HoYD wanted to sign all but two, while in previous years he generally only wanted half. A lot of these are defenders and it would've been nice if there were a defensive midfielder or a striker, as those positions lack any sort of depth right now.

(I could retrain Martin as a DM but he has low marking and positioning, and a good central midfielder is always welcome anyway. Koné as AMC could be retrained as striker but is 170 cm and has low finishing so that's not quite ideal either.)

Terrific season so far.

According to wikipedia

The Kopa Trophy is an association football award presented to the best performing player under the age of 21. It is organised by France Football.

The award is named after former French footballer Raymond Kopa and the winner is selected by former Ballon d'Or winners. Unlike the Golden Boy award, the Kopa Trophy is also open to those who play outside of Europe.

Archived