MarcxD

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2026

march

A fantastic month again... with a new goalscorer in the Osasuna B game...

march-league-table

Youth Intake

march-intake

Fantastic youth intake! Amirall scored on his debut immediately. Another good striker prospect, it seems like better than Ballesté.

Plus a few other players with good potential. 

Perhaps a result of the upgrades, I also got a new HoYD in though. Or just luck...

fantastic season so far. 

Btw, I don't know if you mentioned it, but is there any reason for the Moroccan dual nationalities in your intakes? I've seen a few besides this most recent one.

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

fantastic season so far. 

Btw, I don't know if you mentioned it, but is there any reason for the Moroccan dual nationalities in your intakes? I've seen a few besides this most recent one.

Thanks man.

Probably just hardcoded for Spanish intakes, don't know how it is in real life but I would guess there are quite a few Moroccans living in Spain. 

April 2026

april

Pretty good overall, outside of the Badalona game. A couple short-term injuries at the same time made that game a bit harder than it needed to be.

april-league-table

But it doesn't matter, as we won the league with the two games in may yet to come! Fantastic!

april-title-win

april-icon

Finally an icon of the club.

Note, though, that we aren't promoted yet. We still need to get through play-offs!

May - June 2026

june

Nice big win against the bottom team in the league to finish the regular season with and go into the play-offs.

Which we won... not only are we promoted, but we also won the overall Segunda B title. Crazy.

june-league-table

june-promotion

june-pro

Which of course means we are turning fully professional again. Also be looking at really upgrading the facilities next year with the money we'll be getting.

I'd say our squad is very weak for the segunda division, so hopefully the new level of opposition can gain the players some needed development and we can fight to stay up.

37 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

Fantastic - well done!

13 minutes ago, ucdark said:

Well done!!

5 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Great progress so far!

What tactic are you using? Have you kept it since the beginning?

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the same tactic from the start. Just looked and saw I hadn't even shown it in the opening post. Oops. Anyway, It's pretty much the same tactic I used in my previous save/thread (kosovo). 

tactics

Pre-Season 2026

prediction

Predicted to finish last, but at this point not even having the worst possible odds is nice to see.

pre-season-tv-money

Fantastic stuff.

pre-season-yf-upgrade

pre-season-yr-upgrade

pre-season-jc-upgrade

For some reason for now the training facilities weren't approved to be upgraded, but I'll try again soon.

pre-season-transfer

It's sad, but I had to do this. He was still on a youth contract, and for the first time other clubs were offering him contracts, for which I would've gotten 325K. I decided to offer him to clubs and try to get the most out of it, which lead to this.

pre-season-transfers

I also sold Villar, El Harrak and Covello (all transfer-listed). This means there are now only players at club I have gotten through intakes.

pre-season

Pretty promising stuff in the friendlies, of course these teams weren't much of a test for segunda division level though.

August - September 2026

august-september

Well, this is a much better start than I imagined! Only one loss in the opening 7 games, and a nice big home win. Also got through two cup rounds, which is always good...

september-league-table

Position is meaning less as 17th placed is on 8 points and we are on 10, but even so, fantastic to be in 8th.

It does seem like most teams are more or less the same level, so it could be an interesting run here. Will definitely need to keep up scoring points.

December 2026

december

A shame to go out of the cup, felt like this was a doable tie. But anyway, we did pretty well in the league.

december-league-table

So quite a way to go still, but ninth place, only 4 points behind the play-off spots is great.

10 points ahead of the relegation spots as well, so a bit of a buffer but I'm aware that that can quickly evaporate...

January 2027

january

Really strong month, always nice to see us scoring a good amount of goals..

january-league-table

Still up there, and well it's looking very good for another season in this league at the very least...

january-upgrade-done

january-upgrade

Building and building...

january-transfer

january-transfer2

And well we won't be losing money as Almirall is already gone. Didn't even get the opportunity to try to get this cancelled. It is a decent deal to be fair, but still it doesn't feel good to lose a player this quickly.

March 2027

march

Well that's a little bit less ideal. 

march-league-table

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Damn!

We're getting somewhere now... 

Not the ideal personalities, but well I am not really going to complain about this intake now am I.

To be fair though, it also shows how limited my squad still is, despite the good results.

May - June 2027

may-june

Pretty strong end to the regular season!

june-league-table

We end in fourth place, only 1 point behind an automatic relegation spot. Insane! Never expected this.

Now to the play-offs...

june-play-offs

Sadly we just came short, but honestly I don't really mind.

If we can keep this type of play up, this league would be good for a few seasons to build the club up, develop the players and then go into La Liga. But of course I wouldn't complain about being promoted "too soon".

Season Review 2026-2027

post-season-season-review

Just allround a great season, also our stadium is getting a bit small for us now...

post-season-stadium-expansion

Which is why I got this message! I am never too fond of these small expansions if only because I know the club will grow further and we'll likely have to build a new stadium a few years after this.

post-season-squad

Using a small squad, and some of the players have shown great development this year. The next level of opposition seems to have helped for sure, also got in some new coaches so that all got improved.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-table

20 hours ago, kidthekid said:

what an amazing season. Isn't this your first season in the Segunda?

Cheers. Yeah, that's right!

11 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Great season! I was wondering, will you allow yourself to buy your academy products back if they have been sold? Almirall looks really good.

Thanks! I am not going to do that, no. Any replacement will have to come from a new intake. Luckily there are already decent striker prospects, just not at his level. Yet. I have shortlisted him to at least keep an eye on how he'll do.

Pre-season 2027

prediction

Not ideal, but here we are. Since the level of the clubs can be pretty close, I am not predicting another play-off position finish, but a decent top half finish should be possible.

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-upgrades

Improving and improving...

pre-season

Okay friendly performance.

pre-season-transfers

Nothing of note really, although I did let Alturo go, who was needed in the Segunda B seasons but now has been overtaken by several AML's.

Edited by MarcxD

August - September 2027

august-september

Started really well against Real Madrid's B team, but some tough results after that, in the league at least. A very strong opening win in the cup.

september-league-table

October 2027

october

A bunch of draws in a row, including one in the cup which was enough to through and face Real Madrid now. Not that bad of a defeat in the home game!

Two great wins to cap the month off in the league against two B teams who are at the bottom of the table. Barcelona B is actually listed as a rival for the club...

october-league-table

october-400

october-record

Edited by MarcxD

November 2027

november

Some very close games, but a good points haul.

november-league-table

Getting us to the top half now, hunting for the play-off teams. We have now scored more goals than any other team in the league!

november-record

Edited by MarcxD

December 2027

december

Very good month, getting some great points against top half rivals. And we scored twice in the Bernabeu!

december-league-table

In sixth now, as the first of four (!) teams on 32 points on goal difference.

december-upgrades

december-upgrades2

January 2028

january

A bad performance against Real Union but a very strong month after that. Not often that we have three straight wins!

january-league-table

Still in sixth, and still all very close. 

january-expansion

The stadium expansion is done, a bit weird we didn't go to the full potential size though.

january-transfers

Some more players leaving on loan, including some of the talents from the last intake. I want to keep them at the club at least until they're 17, but certainly when they're 18 or older I think it's probably better to get them playing time somewhere else and let some of the younger players play in the u19s. We don't have a B or reserve team, so loaning out players is a must.

There have also been some offers for first-team players, including the first from abroad...

january-scouting

I have been able to reject all offers and keep the players happy.

Just now, Rikulec said:

Tight as ever up there, you're doing really well. Keep it up. :thup:

Thanks man, it definitely seems like it's going down to the last matchday

February 2028

february

Sometimes the close games go your way, sometimes they don't. Lots of goals at least!

february-league-table

february-takeover

A takeover at some point in the future then. We will see...

March 2028

march

Not the greatest form, but at least we did get some good points.

march-league-table

Remains super close...

Youth Intake 2028

march-youth-intake

Looks strong again. Perhaps might be time to have a look at a different HoYD though, not sure about these personalities.

April 2028

april

Good start, but some poor games after.

april-league-table

Still just in the play-off spots, with 5 games to go now. Will be facing Mallorca and teams lower on the table, 4 home games. Should be doable. But any points dropped now can be lethal.

april-takeover

april-takeover-2

Takeover took a very long time and I almost couldn't sign a few of the players from the intake as their trials were just about to end. But it went through in the end, with a few extra million in the bank and a new, albeit short-term contract for me.

May - June 2028

may-june

Well, we couldn't quite deal with Mallorca but won all the other games, including a huge win over Real Union...

june-league-table

Which was enough to come fourth again, like last year, so we are on to the play-offs...

2027-2028 Season Review

post-season-season-review

Crazy season. We didn't start all that well, but had a great run in the middle of the season and held on to the play-off spots in the end. Man, those games were close... 

The step from the segunda B to segunda wasn't huge, but I think the step up to La Liga might be. We'll see. Certainly be interesting to be playing our city compatriots Barcelona... never mind all the other strong teams.

post-season-squad

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-goalscorer

Fantastic season for Ballesté, really made me forget about Almirall. There are some other talents coming up, but 119 goals from 203 games total so far in his career is fantastic.

post-season-table

Awesomeness :cool: you'll get plenty of money to improve facilities!

I had the idea that the HOYD only influences about 5 of the ~20 players in the youth intakes, do you have any info on that? What do you look for in the HOYD besides a good personality?

3 hours ago, 3rik said:

Amazing work and good luck in La Liga! Kan we get a pic of Ballesté? 

Thanks man. Of course.

balleste

Physical attributes combined with decent first touch and good finishing, all you need! Well, for now anyway. :onmehead:

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

:D Cheers

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

Awesomeness :cool: you'll get plenty of money to improve facilities!

I had the idea that the HOYD only influences about 5 of the ~20 players in the youth intakes, do you have any info on that? What do you look for in the HOYD besides a good personality?

Yup! Thanks.

I wouldn't know about that exactly, I do know other youth staff also matter in some way. for HoYD first the base stats of judging potential, working with youngsters, determination, personality, and lastly favored formation.

Of course up until now I've not really had the luxury of getting the best as they wouldn't have wanted to join the club so my current hoyd has a balanced mentality but has good stats for the judging of potential etc.

2 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

oh my. This is amazing. Great work there

:D Thanks man.

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Get in @MarcxD :applause: :cool:

Thank you! :D