Right FM 2008 Skin ??

teodoro

No it seems to be missing an important file, what you can do if you want it is to use the resource tool to browse the skins.fmf file from the FM09/data folder and extract the fm2009_r folder.

put the extract fm2009_r folder into \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins - rename the fm2009_r folder to fm2008_r open the folder rename the fm2009_r.xml file to fm2008_r.xml, then open the fm2008_r.xml file with notepad and change the two lines below:

<string id="name" value="FM 2009 Right[COMMENT: skin for FM 2009]"/> <!-- The name of the skin -->

<flags id="parent" value="fm2009"/>

replacing fm2009 above with fm2008.

Now when you load the game you should be able to select the fm2008_right skin.

Extract the fm2009 folder from the skins.fmf file and copy the settings folder that is extracted within the fm2009 to the fm2008_r folder you created.

Inside the settings folder will be two files config.xml and fm colours.xml - edit the fm colours.xml file with notepad to change the colours. (leave the config.xml file in the folder as that will stop it messing up other skins).

If you have the skin cache on turn it off and select always reload the skin, and mess around with the colours until you are happy, when you are happy you can put these two options back.

EDIT:Sorry the config.xml from the settings folder also needs to be copied into the \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins folder, that should stop it from interfering with other skins.

Extract the fm2009 folder from the skins.fmf file and copy the settings folder that is extracted within the fm2009 to the fm2008_r folder you created.

Inside the settings folder will be two files config.xml and fm colours.xml - edit the fm colours.xml file with notepad to change the colours. (leave the config.xml file in the folder as that will stop it messing up other skins).

If you have the skin cache on turn it off and select always reload the skin, and mess around with the colours until you are happy, when you are happy you can put these two options back.

Great!!

Thanks!!

Ciao

i have some good ideas for a skin on paper, dont really know where to start.

could soem one with knowledge, give me an example just to change 1 small menu bar with the codeing and tools required? from there i will use trial and error!!

will i need paint shop pro?

The tools you'll need will be the resource tool (to extract the fmf files) a text editing program to edit the xml files (notepad, notepad++ or a webpage editor are fine) and a graphics program that can handle transparent graphics.

There is a basic guide here for FM2008 it should be enough to get you started.

it all seems to complicated to me bless me lol!! just one change id like to make if you could help mate, 1 thing id like to change about the skin, is do away with the white back ground and have a transparant one which is fairly dark and obviously change the txt colours.

could you help with this mate?

Archived