Got promoted twice. Cant attract better players.

Hello everyone, 

I had been away from FM for a while, but decided to play again since I got some more free time. I fired up a new save, and went to the Scottish lower leagues, playing with Edinburgh City (i know its kinda op, but please dont judge). I Won the 4th division, and somehow I managed to win the 3rd Division back to back, which leaves me in the Scottish Championship. 

I dont have the squad to get promoted, I just managed promotion because Blair Henderson is a goalscoring-machine, and Thomson the right back has a very sweet right foot for corners and set pieces. 

I am currently in the offseason but there are no players interested in playing for my squad. When I go to the player search I only get players that tick the "interested in transfer box" who played 4th or 3rd division last year, none of the players who became free agents from the championship want to come play for me. 

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Do I have any way to improve my recruiting strategy? If not, it seems that I will most likely get relegated since my squad wasnt even good by 3rd divisions standards. 

I do have two scouts, I got some reports on some better players, but they really dont want to come. If anyone might be able to tell me if there is something I am doing wrong I would aprecciate it. 

First off, are you officially in the championship? (After reset date i mean) if u aren't then wait for it in onder to get the reputation boost from winning the league, if still no good enough try to endure the season, get some good player that can destroy the 3rd tier, most of the times low table teams got half squad just good enough for the league below, after winter market opens you should have some 2nd tier level players available as some players have inflated egos until they realise they have gotten half a season doing nothing waiting for a premiership team

Also there is also the problem that most 2nd tier divisions have this huge gap between mid top and mid low table so most low table teams have few options, if brexit hasn't happened or got a soft brexit u could try and look for a good player outside of UK im sure players from say, low table/2nd tier in east europe would be happy to play for a 2nd tier team in scotland, only bad thing about this is the high bid they will most likely want

The game doesn't recognise that you've been promoted until the beginning of the next season so until then everybody considers that you are still in the third division. If you are happy to use loan players I'd wait until the new season starts (it's when the fixture list is announced) and then ask your scouts to provide team reports on each of the Premiership teams which will tell you which of their players would be willing to play for your club on a loan basis.

Also correct me if I’m wrong but Edinburgh City will be a Semi-Pro club and just about every team in the Championship is Professional so there players will be on full time contracts. The ones that have become free agents will more than likely be looking to go full time with a Professional club again than taking the stem down to a semi pro team and Part time contracts.

I always save some money and sign free agents after 10 15 games. I find I can get players that wasn't willing to sign in the summer become interested. I have got players way above the league standard.

hace 10 horas, WilsonJuve dijo:

Also correct me if I’m wrong but Edinburgh City will be a Semi-Pro club and just about every team in the Championship is Professional so there players will be on full time contracts. The ones that have become free agents will more than likely be looking to go full time with a Professional club again than taking the stem down to a semi pro team and Part time contracts.

Team should go full pro after reaching that level, is like semi pro teams in 5th tier in england after they promote to 4th tier they are kinda forced/need to go full pro so they have minimal chances of signing decent enough players not sure if league 2 has a rule for that or not but teams at that level (and by equivalence any league with similar level will be a full pro or 50-50 

5 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

Team should go full pro after reaching that level, is like semi pro teams in 5th tier in england after they promote to 4th tier they are kinda forced/need to go full pro so they have minimal chances of signing decent enough players not sure if league 2 has a rule for that or not but teams at that level (and by equivalence any league with similar level will be a full pro or 50-50 

Had a look in game and Alloa Athletic start in the championship and are only semi pro with majority of there players on P/T contracts. So being pro isn’t a league requirement. In these circumstances in other leagues I have seen other people get the board to allow them to turn pro straight away. Other people have had to wait several seasons.

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I have decided to take my chances, as people have said, waiting for a few weeks and seeing if there are any players who would rather play for my side than sit out the entire year. Each and every answer has been super helpful, and made me understand my situation better. 

If anyone is interested I might give a quick update regarding how my season went. Lets hope I dont get relegated (sort of unlikely). 

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:46, Hovis Dexter said:

The game doesn't recognise that you've been promoted until the beginning of the next season so until then everybody considers that you are still in the third division. If you are happy to use loan players I'd wait until the new season starts (it's when the fixture list is announced) and then ask your scouts to provide team reports on each of the Premiership teams which will tell you which of their players would be willing to play for your club on a loan basis.

I am surprised this bug is still in the game.

It's been an annoyance since the CM 3 days.

When you're mathematically assured of the league table spot, and so promotion, relegation, continental comps etc, it would be nice if the game could allow that to be recognised. But I'd suppose that's a huge ask, as it has to apply to every team, every league, every table, every division.

Archived