dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston United - League 2 - 2013/2014

This season our aim was to stay away from the relegation zone. We did that, in fact we did better than that, we missed out on the play-offs by bloody Goal Difference :mad::mad:

The team was the same as last season, as you can see with the transfers we made

Our finances yet again, made massive strides and hopefully I can make these better, with better attendances next season. We were getting 4k when we were playing really well, we had a patch were we won about 7 in a row, and we got 4k about 2/3 times during that run, so I guess all I can say is bring on next season. Warren Gray carried the team at times and he wants a contract upgrade, so I guess he deserves it.

Aims for next season

We have a lot to aim for next season, but I'm also weary that with the team being more or less the same from the BSN that surely this can only be beginers luck so to speak :)

Is that the ex Man City youth David Ball. Just got him to sign for my Ashford team in our first season, still obviously in the Blue Square South. I thought he looked a good prospect (actually my Ass Man said he would be a good player to back up my weak front line). If he can knock goals in up in the Championship I need to try and hold on to him for a long while.

Thats the one, he's been a gem for me. Scored consistently at every level so far and been top scorer in 5 of my 6 seasons (he broke his leg) I got a couple of his man city youth buddies in an effort to try and make the team hit off straight away and i think it helped. ball, mee, mcgivern all 3 have stayed with me for a wee while now though ball is the only one who still gets his game on.

Arsenal just ended my perfect start to the 2018/19 Premiership campaign with a 1-1 draw at the Emirates. I did have a sensational run of 12 straight wins, but despite dropping my first points we are still 10 points clear of third placed Arsenal, and 9 points clear of second placed Newcastle who we play next.

Managed to hold Newcastle to a draw in the FA Cup. Replay at their stadium now \o/ that should give me about £500k :)

I also have a game in hand on a few of the people above me in the league and will move in to the playoffs if I win it \o/

That's the spirit. A week is slow?! I started the game Boxing day and I'm only just starting my 2nd season!

And Leitch-Smith now has 8 goals in 3 games. That guy is just soo good for some reason!

Even with my tightened time schedule, I can still usually rack out 2 or 3 seasons a week.

Back in the day, it was 1 a day. Infact, back on FM06, I vividly remember getting very far into a 3rd season on one day. I hate growing up :(

FC United, 2022-23, League 2

League - 13th, Past Positions

JPT - North First Round

League Cup - First Round

FA Cup - First Round

A comfortable season, in consistency terms probably our best in League 2 yet. Transfers - The only proper transfer I made was to bring Lee Horton, my first ever Youth Project, as we needed to back-up and he was good and had decent wage demands. Elsewhere I brought in a striker from Villa on loan, the other was also a striker which parent club Tranmere sent me, he was pish, so was instantly returned. I felt this season that we had our best squad that we have had in League 2, and hopefully next year the players will get older and become more experienced. Our best players were: Josh Platnauer, Brian MacDonald & Jamie Elmes. Finances - Another loss, however 20K is nowhere near as bad as the loss we made last season. Still, it's not good and we can't afford to get further and further in the red each season.

Career Overview

Season      League             League Finish   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10     Blue Square North      7th            
2010/11     Blue Square North      8th        
2011/12     Blue Square North     11th        
2012/13     Blue Square North      9th         
2013/14     Blue Square North      2nd        Promoted as Runners-up
2014/15     Blue Square Premier   19th  
2015/16     Blue Square Premier   20th
2016/17     Blue Square Premier   10th         
2017/18     Blue Square Premier    8th       
2018/19     Blue Square Premier    2nd        Promoted via Play-offs
2019/20     Coca Cola League 2    21st
2020/21     Coca Cola League 2    12th
2021/22     Coca Cola League 2    16th 
2022/23     Coca-Cola League 2    13th

Trophy Cabinet -

• Blue Square North Runners-Up Trophy
  • Blue Square Premier Play-off Winners Trophy

Started playing this again. Already posted about my first season, but in a nutshell I comfortably won the league and got promoted to the BSP.

This year I found it tougher. for most of the season I was hanging around 6-9 points outside of the play-offs (to come 5th and therefore in the play-offs was my aim prior to the season). However a combination of some consistency from me and the teams above me lacking it, I sneaked in within the last three weeks and got 5th.

Then lost 2-0 away to Dagenham and Redbridge in the first leg, but then beat them 3-0 at my place.

Just thrashed Grays - turning into rivals tbh, I played them four times last year in numerous cups! - 5-1 in the final. My team played amazing.

Into the league we go!

Oh and I also followed up on last year's cup success (won the Conference Cup) by winning the FA Trophy, beating lowly Crawly 3-1 in the final.

Sammy Rogers and Marcus Griffiths were beasts for me again.

Ridleys - Hendon - Coca Cola League 1 - 2017/18 (Season 9)

Media Prediction: 23rd

My Prediction: 19th

Finally the squad lived up to its potential and we have managed back to back promotions! :D This season has been one of my most enjoyable seasons ever on this game and we were absolutely fantastic for the whole season. We started well and we never looked like we were going to drop down as far as the relegation zone where we were expected to finish. Our lowest position was 16th which was after the 9th game of the season - but after that game we never looked back. We steadily progressed up the league, notching up a 22 game unbeaten run - the longest unbeaten run for the league ever (well since the record began in 2008/09).

As we approached the final game there were 3 teams (Us, Derby and Shrewsbury) all on 88 points and all fighting for the top spot. We had by far the hardest game against Crewe who were 5th in the league whereas Derby were playing Darlington who were 21st and Shrewsbury faced Swansea who were 22nd. We won our game 1-0 which also happened to be my 500th game in charge (no pressure for me then). Derby also won their game, which meant they would win the league on goal difference unless Shrewsbury won their game. Shrewsbury lost their game which meant that I claimed 2nd place and was promoted along with Derby :)

Finances have improved greatly making a profit of over £1.5 million this season - mostly down to 2 away FA Cup ties at Newcastle and Tottenham which on there own brought in more than £1 million to the club. We also got £100k for finishing 2nd in the league. Although after saying that a stadium expansion has been announced meaning I am actually still in the red.

Final Position: 2nd - Promoted as runner up

Cups:

FA Cup: 4th Round, knocked out by Tottenham 5-1

League Cup: 2nd Round, knocked out by Aston Villa 3-1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Southern Semi Final, knocked out by Walsall 3-0

Top Goalscorer: Ryan Hurst

Player of the Season: Ian Sullivan

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Finances

Squad

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Manager Overview

Next Season:

• Stay in the Championship
  • Maintain the finances

Career so far:

League                  Season          Finished        Achievements
Blue Square Premier     2012/13         16th            Won FA Trophy
Blue Square Premier     2013/14         2nd             Promotion via playoffs, Won FA Trophy, Won Conference League Cup
Coca Cola League 2      2014/15         5th             Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
Coca Cola League 2      2015/16         11th            
Coca Cola League 2      2016/17         5th             Promoted via playoffs
Coca Cola League 1      2017/18         2nd             Promoted as runner up

Somehow this guy popped up in my searches. I don't know how. Has anyone else tried this? That a seemingly unreachable player suddenly pops up?

I'm a bit unsure whether to try to buy him or not.

edit: oh well. Zenit managed to sign before I could do anything :)

My team are being soooooooooooooooo annoying this season. We play teams like Wigan, Everton, Portsmouth and others we have a chance against according to the odds and we lose.

We play Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man City all of whom were heavy favourites and we win :mad:

Ashford Town - Breaking news

Spectacularly unknown manager Nep entheZ has taken control of Ashford Town.

Nep entheZ has no background in management, and the highlight of his career was playing 12 times for Dulwich, in the Sunday Leagues. How Nep entheZ got the job is currently unknown, but media suggests that he befriended Ashford Chairman in a night club last weekend, spiking his drink, and asking for the job. Weather or not this is true, we don't know.

Nep entheZ released this statement upon getting the job

"**** Yeah"

If his choice of words matches his choice of tactics, then Ashford fans have lots to look forward too.

- Losses,

- Lack of goals

- Relegation

- Poor players

and much, much more.

Expectations are small for the club, with Nep entheZ suggesting that the club should fight hard to break into double figures for points this season, but anything will be a bonus.

Archived