dafuge's FM09 challenge

Has anyone had their board complain about a lack of Harmony - my board are deeply concerned that the players aren't in a frame of mind to perform on the pitch - but the morale of my players is fine for a change and my assistant doesn't report any problems.

Half my team is upset due to a lack of Harmony but nobody is saying why there's an apparent lack of Harmony - we are doing ok in the league, the only unhappy players are a centreback who wants first team football but is playing (he's missed three games through injury - though the game doesn't count an orange injury as an injury and the cup games) and the other unhappy players are players who want out and are waiting to join there new teams in Jan, how I am supossed to fix something when nothing appears wrong :confused:

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of it appears to have been caused by the players who'd been sold being unhappy, its now gone from very poor to poor, but the only reason anyone is unhappy is due to lack of harmony.

The worrying thing is the transfer window is now open and I'm going to run the risk of being fired if I turn down any bids :thdn:

BigArgon Boston United season 10 ~ Coca-cola 2 20th place

well we avoided relegation. It was a tough season the quality level between BSP and CC2 is quite large. My team struggled but hung in there. I had to get rid of one DC who managed to get suspended three times, and complain to the press. Well i fined his dumb ass then transferred him out. My team got a little whiny about but I think it got the rest of the team to tow the line. I had to make some tactical changes what worked in BSP (4141) didn't work in CC2 so i switched back to the good ole' (442). the tactical changes helped.

well.....

Squad

Standings

My leading goal scorer with a mere nine goals...goals were hard to find this year

Goals:

1. continue our "professionalization" without too much debt

2. Get a quality DC

3. help to squad to gel and perform at its potential

Bradford Park Avenue - 2016/17 Blue Square Premier end of season update

IT'S OVER!!! The season is finally over!!! :D

Suffice it to say I wasn't anywhere near expecting to spend the second half of the season in a relegation battle. But that's what ended up happening, and Avenue didn't officially became safe from the drop until there was only one game to spare. At any rate, not at all what I wanted, as I expected to be challenging for a spot in the promotion playoffs.

Final position: 19th (media prediction: 14th)

League Table | Position History

Finances

Started tanking in the second half of the season due to attendance being back to the regular Blue Square North levels, down in the 300s. At the end of the season, we needed a board cash injection for the first time in three and a half years. Also, I was hovering right at the wage budget for the whole season, which is a first for me at this club; I've always had plenty of room to spare in the past.

Graph

Squad/Transfers

One of my worst set of transfers in ever.

• Mikkel Jensen (M LC) - 6.70 (46 apps) - Decent enough, but not really anything spectacular.
  • David Wright (D RLC, DM, M C) - 6.40 (38 apps) - Was good to have for tactical flexibility reasons, but was poor to mediocre on the pitch. He had been fairly decent at League 1 Carlisle two years ago (no appearances last year), but now he may just be too old, currently thirty-seven.
  • Dave Perry (F C) - 6.61 (29 apps) - Not that bad, I suppose, but I sure would've liked more than just four goals from his 27 starts.
  • Danny Monterosso (ST) - 5.80 (4 apps) - To be fair, I didn't really give him many chances, but when he did get to play he was pretty bad.
  • Gareth Dicks (D C) - Parent club loan - 6.80 (1 app) - Hard to really evaluate with only one appearance. I already have plenty of talent at center-back, and Dicks wasn't a discernable improvement, thus he didn't play.
  • Jason Hudson (D C) - 6.99 (49 apps) - One of two good players that came in. Likely to remain in the starting eleven next season, at least.
  • Tim Willetts (DM, M C) - 6.42 (47 apps) - Meh. Not great, but then neither was anybody else in my midfield.
  • Andy Carlin (D RLC) - 6.88 (21 apps) - A perfectly good defender, and you've gotta love that he can fill in anywhere on the back line. Between Carlin, Hudson, and Tulloch, the defense should be pretty solid for the foreseeable future.

Current Squad | Transfers

Cups

Conference League Cup (board expectation: 4th Round; failed)

North 3rd Round: Rushden 3-0 Bradford PA

NOT happy. Not happy at all.

FA Cup (board expectation: 1st Round; met)

4th Qualifying Round: King's Lynn 1-1 Bradford PA

4th Qualifying Round Replay: Bradford PA 0-0 King's Lynn (4-2 pens)

1st Round: Dag & Red 2-0 Bradford PA

Better, but I'm still not very happy.

FA Trophy (board expectation: 3rd Round; met)

1st Round: Bradford PA 2-0 Altrincham

2nd Round: Bradford PA 3-2 Stafford

3rd Round: Weymouth 2-1 Bradford PA

I guess I can live with that one.

Player Statistics

Top goalscorer: Jack Shaw (24)

Most assists: Mikkel Jensen (8)

Most man of match awards: Jack Shaw (5)

Most yellow cards: Mark Tulloch and Jason Hudson (9 each)

Most red cards: Andy Carlin (2)

Best average rating: Jason Hudson (6.99)

Manager/Player Awards

Player of the Month:

no top 3 finishes

Young Player of the Month:

2nd - Andy Carlin (Jan)

Manager of the Month:

no top 3 finishes

Fans' Player of the Year: Jason Hudson

Best Eleven: Season | Overall (new inductees: Hudson, Jensen(!?), Perry(!?), Wright)

Club records broken this season

Team

Most games without scoring: 7

Player

Oldest player: David Wright (36 years, 363 days)

Goals for next season

• Finish in the top half
  • Do better in the cups (come on, isn't it about time we won the CLC?)
  • Avoid bankruptcy (I'm worried by the fact that the board's most recent cash injection was much, much smaller than all their previous ones)

League               Season  Med pred  Prom odds  Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    09/10     20th     2000-1      18th
Blue Square North    10/11     22nd      300-1       5th    Lost playoff semis
Blue Square North    11/12     11th        6-1       2nd    Trophy QF, lost playoff final
Blue Square North    12/13      7th        5-2       7th
Blue Square North    13/14      9th        6-1       2nd    Promoted via playoffs
Blue Square Premier  14/15     22nd       33-1       9th    CLC runner-up
Blue Square Premier  15/16     16th       10-1      10th    CLC runner-up
Blue Square Premier  16/17     14th       12-1      19th

I got through the Champions league semi-final against Inter Milan 5-1 on aggregate and I now face Newcastle in the final. I hate facing English clubs in European cups. Not because I struggle against them, but it seems like it takes a bit of glamour away from the occasion facing someone i've already played twice in the league.

Good luck Gypsum, well done on beating Inter 5-1 on aggregate :D

Currently losing to Burnley 2-0 after 8 mins in the FA cup 3rd Round. Why couldn't I of played United or Liverpool? This is a waste of time, not only will I not get much money from them, I'm getting humiliated in the process :(

Lost 2-1, so to not concede for 80 odd minutes was alright, but the attendance of 8k, so worth it >.>

We've lost one of our superb centre-backs for the final. Fortunately i've got an amazing young American lad waiting in the wings.

I'm currently 1-0 up at half time thanks to yet another goal by "Super" Tom McKenzie. The match could go either way though. Newcastle have an awesome striker who has been causing all sorts of trouble.

Newcastle are playing dirty! My midfield playmaker Neil Buckingham picked up a knock, goalie Henrik Petersen had to be taken off and then young Yank centre-back Joseph Daley has had to come off... all in the space of 3 minutes! Still 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go with all three subs made...

We've done it!! 1-0. Left-back Bachelet picked up a knock shortly before the end but we held on for the result. A scrappy match in fairness and far from our best performance, but the result is all that matters.

Well done Gypsum, superb :D!

EDIT: Just been well and truely dominated by Rushden, 4-1. We just never got into the game and didn't deserve the goal we scored. We played with more or less the strongest side we could play. I've never seen the defence have so bad a game since I've been there, they all got around 5s and at one point our best defender John Murphy had 4.6 :(

Ridleys - Hendon - Coca Cola Championship - 2019/20 (Season 11)

Media Prediction: 23rd

My Prediction: 12th

A much stronger season than last season. We finished in 10th place this season , although if you look at the League Position Graph screenshot below then you will see that we could have done a little bit better and finished in a playoff position. At the halfway mark we were up in 5th position and we looked like we would finish in the playoffs. Our form dipped though and we moved out of the playoffs and right down as low as 13th.

As well as our better league performance this season, we also did extremely well in the FA Cup, reaching the Semi Final before finally getting knocked out by Liverpool 2-1. Strangely though we played Tottenham in the FA Cup again for the 4th season in a row. We didn't do so well in the League Cup though as we got knocked out in the 2nd Round (for the 3rd season in a row) against Bristol City and we have still never managed to proceed past the 2nd Round in the competition.

Our brilliant FA Cup run meant that finances were excellent this season as we made profits of over £4.5 million, a lot of it coming from transfers and the wonderful FA Cup run.

Final Position: 10th

Cups:

FA Cup: Semi Final, knocked out by Liverpool 1-2

League Cup: 2nd Round, knocked out by Bristol City 0-2

Top Goalscorer: Tony Owen

Player of the Season: Jonathon Jones

League Table | League Positions Graph

Transfers

Finances

Squad

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Next Season:

• Playoffs please.

Career so far:

League                  Season          Finished        Achievements
Blue Square Premier     2012/13         16th            Won FA Trophy
Blue Square Premier     2013/14         2nd             Promotion via playoffs, Won FA Trophy, Won Conference League Cup
Coca Cola League 2      2014/15         5th             Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
Coca Cola League 2      2015/16         11th            
Coca Cola League 2      2016/17         5th             Promoted via playoffs
Coca Cola League 1      2017/18         2nd             Promoted as runner up
Coca Cola Championship  2018/19         18th
Coca Cola Championship  2019/20         10th

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - Premier league - 2018/19

League summary;

Media prediction: 5th

Final position: 1st

League table

Premier league select XI

League cup summary;

Final position: Winners

2019leaguecupxw8.jpg

Champions league summary;

Final position: Winners

Champions league results

Champions league Dream team

Squad summary;

Squad general info

Squad selection info

Transfers

Key players;

GK Henrik Petersen - Another solid season from our captain. His 239 league games for Merthyr mean he should break the club league appearances record of 262 next season. May start to fall behind in ability as the team progresses, but is doing a good job at the moment.

DR Jody Howell - I tried signing Jody before he moved to Villa last season for a bargain £3.6m after having him on the radar for a long time. Finally getting the cash to spend I splashed £25m on a player I knew would be key to a solid defence and he didn't disappoint. His form earned him the runner up spot in the European defender of the year awards and saw him become a key part of sensational defence. Quality player.

DL Franco Bachelet - Another player I have had my eye on for a few years, Franco joined us from Athletico Madrid for £14m. An extremely solid player and a model professional.

DC Sam Fox - Now in his third season with Merthyr, the England centre-back is proving to be one of the best signings I have ever made. An almost impossibly reliable player who won his third successive European defender of the year award this season. Fan favourite and a fantastic player.

DC Ilker Eser - Another new signing who I have been watching for a while, Ilker was snapped up for £7.5m after becoming disillusioned at Man City. Slotted straight in to form a magnificent partnership at the back with Sam Fox, the German internationals pace and power have been invaluable.

AMR Chris Holbrook - An old fashioned no-nonsense winger, Chris was fantastic for us until he was ruled out by a torn calf muscle. Returning just at the end of the season he played well to see us win the Champions league and earned himself third place in the English players' young player of the year awards.

AML Pavel Smid - In his first full season for us Smid has really stepped up as a world class winger. His electrifying pace saw him attract the attention of Arsenal who bid a stunning £44.5m for him. With the bid accepted, Smid couldn't agree a contract and stayed with us to win the treble.

MC Neil Buckingham - Despite being dogged by injury and fitness troubles, Buckingham has been an integral creative force in our midfield. Now officially dubbed a wonderkid and 'the next Steven Gerrard', Neil won third place in the European midfielder of the year awards and was runner up in the Players' young player of the year awards. He has now become a full England international.

ST Are Jenssen - Hasn't failed to score over league 20 goals in his 3 seasons at Merthyr, his efforts have been recognised as he was named runner-up behind Fabregas in the English Player's player of the year awards.

ST Tom McKenzie - The former wonderkid had his best season yet bagging 38 goals with a 7.42 rating and finished a controversial third in the English footballer of the year awards behind two strikers who played less games, scored less goals and had lower average ratings. But the facts speak for themselves and McKenzie was in sensational form to finish top scorer in the Premier league and Champions league, being named in the best XI for both competitions. Scored the winning goal in the Champions league final to confirm his reputation as a big game player. McKenzie is also just 1 league goal away from breaking Fan favourite Danny Byrne's league scoring record for Merthyr which stands at 89. Not bad for the Free signing from Shelbourne.

Notable mentions; Wonderkids Will Moses and Joseph Daley are ones for the future. American centre-back Daley played well in a tough Champions league final and is first in line behind Fox and Eser. Striker Eddie Midgely played fantastically well to help us win the league cup, he ended the season with a return of 16 goals in 16 starts, an able replacement for either striker. Versatile forward Ron Bass and Italian winger Marco Rea played well covering for the injured Holbrook and are both on the verge of first team football along with left winger Brian Woods who was superb in our league cup campaign. Defensive midfielder Elliot Stewart was solid in the league cup and looks set to replace first choice DM Moreno next season. Brazilian international Odair has bags of potential and performed well covering Buckingham, but needs to improve his consistency if he is to become a star player.

Plans for the future...

With our facilities improving rapidly and our stadium capacity steadily increasing to 25,000 I am pretty happy with the progress the clubs infrastructure is making. Our youth system has been developing a good few players and I will maintain our policy of buying young due to the success of our scouts. Our goalkeeper is the one area I may look to strengthen, but only if I find someone who is a considerable talent. Defensively we are virtually perfect. We may need a top quality right winger if Holbrook can't stay injury free and to strengthen the core I have had my eye on young player of the year, Coventry's Scottish wonderkid CM Craig Fraser, for a few seasons now and I will look to make him my priority signing. Up front we are doing well with quality cover, but Jenssen's inconsistency is something that a top quality signing could improve. Newcastle's David Smith or Real Madrid's Jonathan Verdu will be £40-50m targets should we have the money to spend.

Al in all I am delighted to have won the treble, and I hope we can do even better next season!

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners

sirdez24 - Witton Albion - 2009/10 - Blue Square North

Lost my first two games to 90th minute goals, tweaked tactics, dominated most teams after that. Finished third and into the playoffs.

Playoff semi first leg

Playoff semi second leg

Playoff final

So, despite a scare in the first leg against Worcester, it's promotion at the first time of asking.

Key players

Ciaran Toner - A demon down the left and clearly too good for this level, runner up in the BSN player of the season award

Andy Todd - Toner's partner in crime down the right

Tom Pope - Signed in January but his impact was enormous

Clayton McDonald - A free transfer after being released by Man City, he didn't have a single game rating of under 7, which I find phenomenal given how defenders play on this patch (in fact he only have one mistake that led to a goal all season, and he scored in the same game!)

Paul Bignot - The skipper, was excellent all season at right back

I'm happy as I already have five guys that are easily good enough for the next level, and they all fill key positions. I also signed GK Paddy Gamble on a free from Nottingham Forest late in the season and he is another who should excel in the BSP.

My tactic brought goals from everywhere, and I had five players (Toner, Gary O'Neill, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Izet Zahirovic and Michael Noone) hit double figures in scoring, while Pope got eight in 16 and Todd got seven.

I got knocked out of all cup competitions by teams in my league or below, so no idea how I'll go against BSP opposition.

Progress

2009/10 - BSN - 3rd (promoted via playoffs)

Ashford Town - Breaking news

Ashford Town have had an amazing turn in the club history, allowing manager Nep entheZ to rename the club, even though he has only been there 6 months.

The Ashford Town board released this statement :

"Ashford Town will allow Nep entheZ to rename the club, in a bid to make the club, and area more attractive. We feel "Ashford Town" is belitteling for a football club that we hope one day will be in the top divisions on English Football. Despite Nep entheZ only being at the club a short amount of time, we're delighted with his progress, and his spectacular attacking football, and with a name change, we can hopefully attract the right kind of player to help us, Mr. entheZ and the club drive forwards. "

In conclusion to the statement, the sole Chairman made a tongue in cheek comment - "How many "Towns" do you know that are in the Premiership. We will be a Football Club, with ambitions. Not a town making up the numbers"

A somewhat stunned, but delighted Nep entheZ took little time in the renaming of the club, quickly releasing to the press the name :

Real London Football Club.

Bradford PA Season 2011/12 BSP

League - 13th (6th best defensive record but 18th best goalscoring!)

FA Cup - 1st Rnd

CLC - Qtr Final

FA Trophy 4rd Rnd

On checking the league stats I noticed that between all the teams there were FIVE goals scored from DFK's.

after losing last save due to pc crashing have now completed first season at new challenge

DOVER BLUE SQUARE SOUTH 2009/10 SEASON

Media Prediction:- 18th

Final Position:- 2nd

table graph

preseason went okay with me working on a tactic to use and signining a few players but then whilst browsing the forums, i read about a tactic and how to select players to fit it so tinkered with tactics abit more to fine tune. so then around xmas time when tactic was working like a dream, i then decided to see if i could improve squad this led me to sign a few more players that were better suited to tactics then ones that were currrently playing.

in the end after all the tinkering and transfers the squad looked like this with the best player being Tom Craddock a striker that i signed in august after my scout found him just in time for start of season.

Confidence at the club is great and the board seem to be happy with what i'm doing, also finances are in a good state after playing rounds 1-3 in Conference League Cup and also playing FA Cup 2nd - 4th Qualifying rounds

Aims for next season:-

1. Avoid relegation
  2. Improve squad
  3. Try to make 1st round proper of FA Cup
  4. Try to win Conference League Cup

Yea, I've tried to bag quite a few that were mentioned on here. They all seemed to go to BSP clubs though :(

Try Luke Medley, that guy Reitcel-Smith (or whatshisname). Which position does your ass man say is the weakest? They often suggest players to buy.

Wealdstone - Premier League (2029/2030)

Premier League Prediction - 1

Premier League Position - 1 -

Table

Graph

Champions League

Trying to defend the title for the 3rd time in the row proved to be to much for us, and we saw ourself get killed by Valencia in the Quarter finals 3-2 on aggr.

Cups League cup i went out in the first round against man city.

FA Cup Defending the trophy against Rochdale

FA Cup Final

Summary

We owned the League, but STUPID me chose to start with youths etc. the last 10 games of the season.. we were long ahead.. BUT we failed to win, so the last 3 games i took in the first team, but couldnt win the games either! it came down to the final day against city away, i had to get point or i would be placed 2nd!!!!

We had a terrible run of form an city had the best in the league! i was terrified that we would loose. but the boys finally played well and the Final Day Game ended well.

Thats the last time i play my youth before the Championship is secured!!!!! rly rly stupid of me.

An okay season, im dissapointed in our display against valencia in the CHL, they were actually playing better than us.

Other than that we pretty much stayed in 1st position in the league from the beginning.

I feel like we got a couple of youth players coming close to the squad this year, and ill be sure to play them again next year(but not all of them before the league is decided;) ).

Players: Keys

Squad

Solis New signing, great player. 18.5m well spent

DC Rubio Class play from the CB

ST Cooper Youth product from own ranks!! amazing return of goals in his International career! this player is something else!! came third in world player of the year

ST Roberto Best player in the game!!!Solid season from the World Class Striker once again. Was awarded with the world player of the year award

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Win the CHL trophy back. Try to play the youth more. Get a new Left back, Evans is getting old!

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners  [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st

I think I may start this challenge once again.

I have downloaded the extra file and put it where it said but is there anyway of knowing I've done it properly without holidaying for a season and finding out it was wrong?

Also how do I know it is right?

When you are setting your game up there is an 'extra files' screen which can be found in the menu on the left, it will appear in there if everything is fine.

Archived