dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thdn::( That's not great.

Followed my amazing cup game with a 2-1 loss away to Ebbsfleet. Got them in the cup in a few games too.

Just got my 2nd job offer. Wycombe at the start of the season and now Tranmere. Tranmere only had 14 first teamers and 3 of them on loan. That is a bare squad!

I'm playing at St. James Park in the FA Cup :) Exeter in the 2nd round of course ;)

New era is beginning

Shocking news :

Wealdstone manager leaves After more than 20 years 4 PL Titles and 3 CHL Titles, its time to move on!

Removed from legend status.. well, thx for nothing.

Meet the new manager at Osset Town Osset town, just promoted to the BSN, has never before been in BS footy.

When i applied they were in the middle of a board takeover, so im hired some time in the season. that sucks. But it seems like the chairman has some money, as i have a transfer budget in the BSN?!?! and huge wage budget!

I start 6 games in, and im 6th, 5 points up to nr 1.

Squad

Information

Facilities

Balance

Star player

Past Positions

The reason for doing this is that i was getting bored beeing at Wealdstone. I figure it will be a delightfull tasks to get promoted to the PL to throw Wealstone of the thrown. This will for sure be exiting, im looking forward to see how much influence it will have that im a world class manager.

Bring it on! =)

just annoyed since i have 89 points and still finished second

Unlucky there then, 89 points should normally be enough for you to run away with the league.

About to go miles over wage budget, went a little mad at the trial day and made around 10 offers :(

Maidstone United: First season

Managed to sign a ton of players, strengthening the squad (as the starting team I had were far too inferior to even challenge for the league) and got quite alot with "leading star of BSS" so hopefully that will be ok. Signed a quality keeper called legdzgins or something, got leading star for BSP I think and the defence and midfield look pretty tight (despite needing a new left mid i think they will come through) the only problem I have is up front. Anyone have any suggestions for a freebie striker? Tried getting super Kyle but FC united were having none of that :p

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!

Dafuge I remember being on here a couple of years back, maybe 3 - when you were doing the challenge with, erm, damn it, who was it... sure it was a team that played in yellow... its on the tip of my tongue - did it begin with a B?

Loved reading this challenge and watching your progress. I REALLY can't remember. We're talking FM05 here.

Good stuff mate!!

Stu. :)

Unlucky there then, 89 points should normally be enough for you to run away with the league.

About to go miles over wage budget, went a little mad at the trial day and made around 10 offers :(

yh the team infront just did stupidly well finished on 95 =\

Guys, need your help. Should I sell Luca for £3.8m up front, 15.25 over 24 months, 3.7 after 10 goals and 20% sell on??

I would always usually accept as I paid 8m for him a season ago, but he did bang in 23 in 34 last season and I already have 33m transfer funds with lack of quality players out there to buy.

But his stats have dropped since i bought him, his finishing from 17 to 15!

Also Arsenal are amazing on my game so are quite likely to sell him on.

Cheers.

New era is beginning

Shocking news :

Wealdstone manager leaves After more than 20 years 4 PL Titles and 3 CHL Titles, its time to move on!

Removed from legend status.. well, thx for nothing.

Meet the new manager at Osset Town Osset town, just promoted to the BSN, has never before been in BS footy.

When i applied they were in the middle of a board takeover, so im hired some time in the season. that sucks. But it seems like the chairman has some money, as i have a transfer budget in the BSN?!?! and huge wage budget!

I start 6 games in, and im 6th, 5 points up to nr 1.

Squad

Information

Facilities

Balance

Star player

Past Positions

The reason for doing this is that i was getting bored beeing at Wealdstone. I figure it will be a delightfull tasks to get promoted to the PL to throw Wealstone of the thrown. This will for sure be exiting, im looking forward to see how much influence it will have that im a world class manager.

Bring it on! =)

did any of your previous staff follow you?

Leigh Genesis - Blue Square North

Blue Square North Prediction - Relegation

Blue Square North Position - 2 -

Table

Graph

FA Cup - Lost in 2nd qualifying round

Setanta Shield - Lost in north 1st round

Fa Trophy - Lost in 1st round

Summary

My first objective was to get a parent club and straight away Man united offered so after some dealing in the market we started our season. We started of really well getting wins and taking over top after about 7 games and we held this mainly until Christmas. Then cam rumours of a takeover and it finally happened after Christmas. Then after this the team started getting draws and we lost a 6 point lead over second who then overtook me and after this really only had one chance to catch them which was when we played them at home and we were winning 3-2 but they scored in last minute then we just stayed 6 points behind them for the rest of the season. But we knew we were to far ahead of the rest to be worried about slipping out of the playoffs. Then the playoff semis cam and i won 3-2 on aggregate against a team who had never beaten us all season. And in the final another team who hadn't beat us all season and it was 1-1 after 90 mins and extra time and in pens we won :)

Players:

Squad

Davide Petrucci - All I can say is absolutely brilliant without him we wouldn't of even got where we did. And thanks to Man U we have him on loan for another season :D

Finances

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

To try and establish ourself in the Blue Square Premiership and maybe win a trophy :)

2009/10     Leigh Genesis     2nd     BSN

this is getting beyond a joke. I can barely bear to watch my team anymore. 2-0 down to merthyr at half-time thanks to a total ****-up by my defenders, and I haven't scored a goal in about 5 games. IF there is a takeover, i'm screwed.

Arsenal withdrew the bid, so Luca stays!

On another note, I signed a squad player, belgian cm. He is now immediately not settled in the area and 'would like to move away as soon as possible' or something to that effect. So, I transfer list him and offer him about. 'Clubs seem put off by his unwillingness to move following his recent arrival'!

I know it's there to stop people signing free transfers then selling them on unsrcupulously but clearly this case is just annoying!

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!

Dafuge I remember being on here a couple of years back, maybe 3 - when you were doing the challenge with, erm, damn it, who was it... sure it was a team that played in yellow... its on the tip of my tongue - did it begin with a B?

Loved reading this challenge and watching your progress. I REALLY can't remember. We're talking FM05 here.

Good stuff mate!!

Stu. :)

Braintree Town :cool:

I had such a great game with FM06, by far the greatest save game I've ever had on CM/FM.

I may well regret this but I have just obliterated my transfer record by splashing out an obscene amount of money on a player. I think this is more than I've ever spent on a player in CM/FM but he really is the only great right winger in the game and that is my weakest position.

Paul Gee

A steal at £52m

I think quality MR's are in short supply in my game to. I had to retrain a striker to play there.

I've found that too. I spotted a player at Chelsea who looked world class, made an offer around £35m and a good young striker and my player turned down their wage offer! I tried bidding after that and they were asking for £80m!!! Luckily i've had a young winger who I got on a free who seems to perform well despite having no good stats outside of being a winger. But now i'm looking to replace him with a Brazilian wonderkid who is ideally an AMC, but is good enough to play out wide.

was going to say, because he has only had 14 callups at age 24. They must be doing very well :D

In my game the World footballer of the year and European striker of the year is a 25 year old English striker with just 5 caps.

Archived