dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not played for 3 days due to other commitments but what a start today 3rd game and the mighty dover win 7-1 against stevenage news item

also as it rounds up the mins ademeno actually scored his 1st hattrick in the game in 6mins 47secs so i took all the screen shots during in game and posted to defuge's fm2009 records thread

so an even better start to the day and long may it continue and we go on to get automatic promotion to league2

7-1 is impressive against Stevenage. I can raise that to 10-1 :cool:

Boston United - League 2 - 2016/17

This season was make or break. The board expected promotion, I expected promotion, the players and the fans expected promotion. We didn't fail to deliver, we know when the going gets tough we get stuck in. We finished 2nd and we never really were out of the top 6 as the Graph shows.

We never really had a bad run of form and our defence was the crucial part of our game, yet again. As they say defences win matches, the attack decides by how many.

The Squad was very small, we Signed one player and let a few go, including the sale of Warren Gray during the middle of the season. Our player of the season had to be Daniel Jones. He has been the creator of many goals during the time he has been here. Also Martin Hansen has a club record of appearances, he broke the record early on in the season and now has amassed over 320 games for us.

Our Finances took a bit of a beating, but if it wasn't for a 6k+ crowd vs Exeter in the last game we wouldn't of averaged 3k+ crowds. So hopefully in L1 we will be getting 6k per week.

The board are happy with us and how we performed in the Competitions we played in. Just hope next season I can actually get passed the 1st round of the League Cup, for once.

Next season we have to be realistic with our aims, we have to survive. I'm no going to dive into the transfer market just for the sake of it. I will probably make 1 or 2 signings and then go with what we have. I want the players who have got us here, to play for us here.

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/10             BSN                        12th                         N/A
10/11             BSN                        15th                         N/A
11/12             BSN                        1st                   League Winners
12/13             BSP                        2nd                   PlayOff Winners
13/14             L2                         8th                         N/A
14/15             L2                         9th                         N/A
15/16             L2                         4th                JPT Finalists/Playoffs
16/17             L2                         2nd                       Promoted

Not finding much Championship quality players. As it stands my team is good enough to compete in League One so no worries about getting relegated yet. Finding players who'll be future Championship/Prem quality who want to join is a bit hard. Wage budget expanded by quite a bit but limited in terms of how much I can offer each player. Being able to sign some South Americans on frees would help. Need a new chairman to invest some money because pretty much all my youth players who've come into the U18s aren't quite good enough. Only one of them I can keep on. Got further in the FA Cup last season than the first time I played it but missed out on the big money from a top side which would have seen my youth facilities upgraded.

Well, we have played 1 game, and so far the team doesn't look out of place. We played Crewe, who are predicted to finish 9th, and we beat them 2-0. Yes, I admit, we didn't look to steady on the ball at times, and our 2nd goal from Clements, was rather much a fluke. I'm currently in the transfer market to look to just get some strenght in depth, we are really thin, and we don't even have a regen keeper sent to us on a match day :(

We play Crewe again now in the LC

spankie Tiverton - League One 2013/14

League

Well, first season in League One and unfortunately not my last.

Tiverton missed out on automatic promotion by just one lousy point, the annoying thing is that in the last 4 games of the season we lost 1 and drew 1 to struggling teams.

So we went into the playoff semi-finals against Carlisle and took thefirst leg 3-0 and even had a bit of help with one of the Carlisle players getting his second yellow card.

In the second leg it ended 1-1 and again Carlisle had a player sent off, this time a atraight red. Although Carlisle did give us a workout after their player was sent off.

I really thought that lady luck was smiling on us with our opponents having players sent off in the semi-final. But the luck changed in the final against Sheffield United.

Firstly my right back had a nightmare and gifted the Blades the first goal and then we had problems breaking through, although right at the end my star striker got the equaliser in the 85th minute to take the game into extra-time. Again my defense made a mistake and the Blades punished us. The to top it all when we're chasing the game my central defender lunged in with both feet and got sent off, that was the first and only red card of the season.

So we lost the game 2-1 and have to have another season in League 1.

Cups

We lost 2-1 to EPL side Fulham in the 2nd round of the League Cup.

In the FA Cup we met Championship side Brighton who were apparently no match for us and we ran out 3-0 winners \o/ and earnt a 4th round tie against Spurs, at home /o\ so no bumper gate for us.

The 4th round was virtually 1 way traffic all the way, except my strikers rattled the woodwork a couple of times. Even though we lost I felt we did enough to get a replay, but Spurs won 1-0 with us conceeding a very early goal.

The JPT was much more rewarding and we won through (without too many scares) to the final and came out 3-1 winners against Rochdale to get the first real piece of silverware in the trophy cabinet.

The finances are going well with us being 800k in the black at the end of the season (before bonus payouts)

We got a few new players in only 2 cost money and the loanees were only really used fo cover.

The squad almost ready for Championship football. I think I'm only 2 or 3 players short of a team that could do reasonably well in the Championship when we get there. A lot of the players are potentially good or leading Championship players and 2 or 3 of them should eventually be good enough for Premier League football.

The best player by far was new striker Francisco Javier Montero with 33 goals in 42 games, by far the best scorign rastion my Tivvy side has seen. Montero was voted fans's player of the season and the season summary named him as the best signing.

Ian Moran is a potentially good players and if his jumping was higher he's be starting in central defense. He's the right back that made the mistake in the playoff final.

David Perkins was signed for a number of reasons, his leadership, to prvide some decent defensive work in central midfield, his ability to cover at left back and most importantly of all is that my Tivvy side really, really needed an albino in the team :D

Steven Burns ended up beign Montero's regular striker partner and I'm shocked that he managed to get 19 goals with a Finishing of 10. He also scored the second best goal of the season

Gerland McCombe has the potential to be a Premier League player, He has had some bad luck with some injuries that has stopped him from making more appearances after his January move.

Mark Summerfield is the teams towering central defender and chipped in with 8 goals all from corners. His regualr central defensive parter is experienced Sean O'Hanlon. So my defence won't sacre anyone with their pace.

The Tivvy academy cem up trumps with 2 new players who have potential to be Championship at the very least. Liam Read could be a good MCd and could be used as a deep lying playmaker when he's older. Lee Rowe is more of a box to box midfielder and I think that both players could play together in the future.

A couple of things to note. Tivvy were taken over by a director during the season, needless to say that the new chairman also doesn't have a pot to urinate in.

Also I've got one of those profile pictures aside from the tinted glasses and not enough chins it's almost like looking in a mirror :D

Next season

The aim is promotion, hopefully automatic but now that Charlton, Brighthon and Burnley have been relegated from the Championship that might be a problem.

Also I need to keep hold of my good players, most of them are on long term contracts but Montero only has 2 years left. So if we don't go up and/or he doesn't sign a new contract he'd need to be sold next summer.

I have already got 3 new Spaniards coming in, one can play on either wing, one will provide more steel to central midfield when he's older and the other one can play anywhere at the back, although if his jumping doesn't improve he won't play in central defense very often.

Also I may have a personnel problem. A couple of players including Steven Burns aren't happy with my versatile winger/midfielder Garcia Garcia's attitude and I think that might eventually cause problems with the squad next season. So either those players go or Garcia Garcia will.

Garcia Garcia does have a £2M minimum release clase and does a few teams interested in him.

No problem. I think I've been in your position a few times, and it has taken me a few seasons to get promoted. But I generally stick with the same squad, as the stability gives me an advantage in the first few games when everyone else is gelling together I can rack up a few wins etc. I think you will get promoted next time though, missing out on automatic promotion is a pain in the backside, and I think your team will want to prove it to themselves as well as you :)

Marine - 2009/10 Blue Square North end of season update

Another slow start to my career much like with Bradford PA, but a little bit better. Here I never saw the relegation zone, and although we still finished in the bottom half of the table, it was a full twelve points clear of the drop zone, compared with a single point of leeway the first time around.

• Final position: 15th (media prediction: 19th)
  • Highest position: 8th (matchdays 1, 16)
  • Lowest position: 18th (matchdays 31, 33, 36)

League Table | Position History

Finances

We brought in a lot of money during the first half of the season, then started losing a good bit in the second half to end up basically right where we started.

Graph

Squad/Transfers

Transfers in:

• Andrew Moran (ST) - 6.69 (13 apps, 3 goals) - Suddenly seemed to start scoring right at the end of the season.
  • Kevin Leadbetter (AM L, ST) - 6.47 (37 apps, 5 goals)
  • Andrew Brown (ST) - 6.31 (22 apps, 2 goals)
  • Ryan Carolan (D LC) - 7.00 (40 apps) - The Irish youngster proved to be pretty solid on the back line.
  • Christopher Ramsey (D C) - 7.00 (33 apps) - The former Northern Ireland U21 (5 caps, all prior to joining Marine) was also a very important defensive player.
  • Callum Kennedy (D/M L) - 6.89 (47 apps) - Ever-present for Marine this season, missing just two matches.
  • Jonny Rowell (M C) - 6.17 (32 apps) - A bit of a disappointment.
  • Aymen Tahar (AM L) - 6.77 (46 apps) - The Algerian native and former Sheff Utd reserve was decent, if not spectacular.
  • James McKeown (GK) - 6.74 (49 apps) - The team's second Irish player started every match between the sticks, conceding a total of 54 goals.
  • Tom Harvey (D R) - 6.93 (46 apps) - As you can see, if this team was having problems, it wasn't with the defense.
  • Gary Hart (M R) - 6.81 (33 apps)
  • Waide Fairhurst (ST) - 6.77 (33 apps, 14 goals)
  • Danny Uchechi (AM/F C) - 6.83 (31 apps, 18 goals) - After never playing a senior match in five years at Charlton, the 20-year-old Nigerian (who also gained British nationality during the season) becomes Marine's leading goalscorer in his first season.
  • Tom Sharpe (D C) - 6.64 (29 apps) - Probably the weak link in the defense, and even he really wasn't that bad.
  • Daniel Ball (AM C) [3-month loan from Bristol City] - 6.28 (12 apps) - A desperation loan due to midfield injuries, and he turned out to be fairly poor.
  • Lee Beeson (AM R) - 6.67 (20 apps)
  • Carl Cairns (M C) - 6.13 (7 apps) - Again, pretty much an emergency backup due to injuries, and he wasn't very impressive. The midfield was clearly Marine's weak area.

Current Squad | Transfers

Cups

Conference League Cup (board expectation: 1st Round; met)

North 1st Round: Marine 0-3 AFC Telford

FA Cup (board expectation: 3rd Qual Round; exceeded)

2nd Qualifying Round: Solihull Moors 0-1 Marine

3rd Qualifying Round: Dulwich Hamlet 0-3 Marine

4th Qualifying Round: Marine 0-0 Wrexham

4th Qualifying Round Replay: Wrexham 2-1 Marine

FA Trophy (board expectation: 1st Round; met)

3rd Qualifying Round: Marine 4-0 Chesham

1st Round: Droylsden 4-2 Marine

Player Statistics

Top goalscorer: Danny Uchechi (18)

Most assists: Callum Kennedy and Gary Hart (6)

Most man of match awards: Christopher Ramsey and Danny Uchechi (4)

Most yellow cards: Christopher Ramsey (13)

Most red cards: Ryan Carolan (3)

Best average rating: Christopher Ramsey (7.00)

Manager/Player Awards

Player of the Month:

3rd - Aymen Tahar (Sep)

Manager of the Month:

no top 3 finishes

Club records broken this season

Team

Highest league position: 15th in Blue Square North

Highest attendance: 1375

Highest gate receipts: £20k

Lowest attendance: 187

Average attendance: 379

Highest scoring league game: 5-4 v AFC Telford

Most games won in row: 2

Most games lost in row: 3

Most games without losing: 8

Most games without winning: 8

Most games without conceding: 2

Most games without scoring: 4

Player

Top goalscorer: Danny Uchechi - 18

Top league goalscorer: Danny Uchechi - 12

Most goals in match: Danny Uchechi - 3 v Dulwich Hamlet

Most assists: Callum Kennedy - 6

Highest average rating: Christopher Ramsey - 7.00 (33 apps)

Most man of match: Danny Uchechi - 4

Worst discipline: Ryan Carolan - 12 yellow, 3 red

Youngest player: John Wood - 16 years, 340 days

Fastest goal: Danny Uchechi - 2 minutes, 23 seconds

Goals for next season

• Strengthen the midfield
  • Finish in the top half

Career so far with Marine

League               Season   Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    2009/10    15th

strangely enough it has but I didn't lose at least. even though i have 2nd best away form in the league i'm really drawing too many games. plus 3rd place has won all their last 6 games and i'm having to look over my shoulder now. just had a game postponed as well :(

i have a question for you all.

Abramovich came into agreement with my president to be my parent club withou me asking it...Is it against the rules?

I am now in League One.

No...despite all the initial debate, you can have a parent club from any division as 'policing' a rule on parent clubs would be too difficult.

You're in the clear :thup:

This was rather heartbreaking. We didn't deserve to lose, and to concede 3 goals, 1 was offside aswell, after the sending off of Captain John Murphy. We had 3 goals ruled out for offside as well, although I'm sure one of them was a goal.

Probably just our luck in Cup competitions since I've been here though. The attendance will bring in money that we need as well, so all isn't too bad :D

Haha Daemonic, I bet there's a touch of vinegar in there as well :D

urrrrr so annoying. i play my best performance of the season winning 5-0 to go top :D

but then the other team goes and beats the **** out of my players injuring 2 players with 5 mins left. my best player by a mile is going tobe out for 3 months now all because the other team can't take losing :(

WTF?! Hansen comes out of the box to collect the ball, him and Murphy stand there and they tap the ball into an open net from 20 yards, to say I'm not happy is an understatement. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Lost the game 1-0 , to lose my first league game of the season

WTF?! Hansen comes out of the box to collect the ball, him and Murphy stand there and they tap the ball into an open net from 20 yards, to say I'm not happy is an understatement. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Lost the game 1-0 , to lose my first league game of the season

Had the exact same happen to me a couple of seasons ago. That finally made me turn off the 3d and go back to commentary only.

So after getting Frickley and Billericay to the Prem in the last two editions of the challenge (I'm still plugging away with Billericay dafuge, I WILL finish one of these one day!), I've decided to at get myself a team for this year, who knows I might actually complete this one before the next FM comes out!

Here we go

As you can see by the date, already a few games into the season (Quickshot playing up last night, obviously working today), will update on that later!

Blackmama - Margate - Blue Square Premier (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 24th

Blue Square South Position - 16th :thup:

F.A Cup - 1st round (v Wealdstone)

Conference League Cup - S 3rd Round (v Chelmsford)

F.A Trophy - 1st round (v Forest Green)

Blue Square South (1st) - League Table | League Graph

BSS League Summary

Being tipped to finish last my aim was to secure our place in the BSP for next season to build on. I managed to sign a few players I thought to be promising - but in the 1st game of the season no new players had made it to the starting line-up so we were in for a fighting season. We were never completely outplayed but lacked the guidance from a superstar striker. The top teams beat me everytime even though we had the same amount of chances. On top of that my tactics never seemed to work in away games - my home form put me in tha play-offs and awaygames sent me to relegation. Got to change that awayform somehow...

Domestic Cups

Nothing to talk about really. Next season I'm hoping for a good FA Cup run.

Game Summary

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Blue Square South        7th place (67 points)    None except finishing 7th
2010/11         Blue Square South        1st place (83 points)    BSS Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier      16th      (57 points)    None

Just before I went out today Tamworth put a bid in for one of my players. I thought this was strange because they got relegated from the BSS last season and I am in the BSP.

The reason for this is that they were taken over by a tycoon after they were relegated. I wonder how much money I can get from the tycoom and if my player is willing to drop 2 divisions.

Archived