Little discipline advice for managers

After every game you get screen with players and their ratings from last game. After every game i warn players for bad performance with 6.2 or lower rating and results are very good. They either get +1 determination or work rate. Rodrgiuez got +4 determination and Romagnoli +3 in 3 years.

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (59).png

I think, and I may be wrong, if they disagree with your warning / fine, they lose a sportsmanship atrribute point. This could change their personality over time- nothing worse than a model citizen 'downgrading' to resolute or something.

At what rating do you fine them? 5.9?

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought a 6.8 was the 'average' which was they always kick off at 6.8.

Personally, I don;t think i have ever fined a player for poor performance ratings as there is such  a lot that can contribute out of their hands. (Opposition playing well for instance)

An 'Aggressive' post-,match growl if bellow 6.2 ish, two or three consecutive ratings like that and a warning about their form, another game with low rating and they get dropped to the u23s or miss a match.

I believe (and I may be wrong) that the match-ratings are contextual anyway, based across all 22-28 players used in the game as a comparison and based on actual contribution to the match - I've never seen a player who comes on for the last 20mins get a 'good' rating unless he scores. Fining them always felt, to me, a bit OTT for low match rating.

9 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

6 is an average game, not poor which is what you are warning/fining them for.

I'd say that is not quite true. If your team gets 6 across the board, you have probably been well beaten.

For me, I will usually take it contextual basis. If a player gets a low rating and contributed to a defeat, I will give him a warning. If a striker is just marked out of the game, I will not.

On 06/05/2019 at 17:25, Filke said:

After every game you get screen with players and their ratings from last game. After every game i warn players for bad performance with 6.2 or lower rating and results are very good. They either get +1 determination or work rate. Rodrgiuez got +4 determination and Romagnoli +3 in 3 years.

But how do you know that increases are because of the warnings?

6 hours ago, yolixeya said:

But how do you know that increases are because of the warnings?

Because you see green arrow on determination. And because I do this for last 5 managers and I know it works. Of course 6 rating is bad.

12 minutes ago, Filke said:

Because you see green arrow on determination. And because I do this for last 5 managers and I know it works. Of course 6 rating is bad.

I don't think you understood my question. I also see green arrow on determination and I never give them warning for bad performance. Other factors can influence it, such as your team personality, so how do you know that the changes are because of the warnings and not other factors?

On 28/05/2019 at 18:54, yolixeya said:

I don't think you understood my question. I also see green arrow on determination and I never give them warning for bad performance. Other factors can influence it, such as your team personality, so how do you know that the changes are because of the warnings and not other factors?

I think I may have found the answer to your question which was also bothering me. I've always given warnings following performances of <=6.0 but over over the last couple of (game time) months I've been giving warnings for all performances of <=6.4. My Ass Man has just informed me that he "thinks that the recent disciplinary measures have helped to motivate" one of the players. When I look at the player in question I see that his previous three performances have all been <=6.4 and his determination has increased by two points from 13 to 15. This supports @Filke's proposition.

It also reflects my experience: handing out fines and warnings do help raising Determination and/or Work Rate. However, it's also not magic: not only it doesn't work every single time, but you also won't turn a Balotelli into a Cristiano Ronaldo over a couple of seasons just by sending him warnings day in and day out. Some players with poor attitude may also attempt to riot, and obviously a team that was outmatched and/or with horrible morale won't really react to it after the first few times either. That said, it does work more often the lower either of the two aforementioned attributes are. But it does works for me and is almost mandatory after every match: a good right click on ever player who scored 6.4 or lower to give them a reminder of the level they're expected to achieve. :lol:

On 28/05/2019 at 08:03, sporadicsmiles said:

I'd say that is not quite true. If your team gets 6 across the board, you have probably been well beaten.

For me, I will usually take it contextual basis. If a player gets a low rating and contributed to a defeat, I will give him a warning. If a striker is just marked out of the game, I will not.

I wasn't quite right. 6.7 is strictly speaking average as that is what every player starts each game on as a rating. 6 is mediocre.

A team can get 6s across the board and still draw or even win. This usually occurs if your team is a much better team than the opposition or if the game was a poor one.

If a rating starts with a 5, that's when I start to issue warnings. Too many and it's a fine. It a rating starts with a 4 it's an instant fine.

7 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

... If a rating starts with a 5, that's when I start to issue warnings. Too many and it's a fine. It a rating starts with a 4 it's an instant fine.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rating <5 ... but maybe I haven’t been paying attention.

On 06/05/2019 at 16:25, Filke said:

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (59).png

Is this warning to the players, the one using the discipline option where you also fine players or the criticise last game option?

Archived