player keep crowding the ball carrier

hi. I got an issue which happen quite frequently in my team. one of them is player keep crowding ball carrier

2132457074_bulkballchase1.thumb.png.84971176dc013756793cd96ad0fb4cd6.png1856603364_bulkballchase2.thumb.png.7382493010db26721b1e5af671bf42f5.png

in 2 sample picture, you can see my player, up to 5 , boxed up the ball carrier. especially in wide areas. leaving center area empty and the opponent got free runners.

those things happen for 2 season so I tried few of those :

-decrease pressing instensity, up to less urgent

-player instruction for center back and deep lying playmaker, close down much less

-deactive tight marking

-ocasionally narrowing defensive width.

I always activate that PI regardless of situation. and rarely use tight marking. but pressing intensity,sometimes I need pressing, especially when I need to chase goal.

those happen with many player, even those with low agression.

what part of my tactic should I check next? I didnt like to concede cheap goal. my team looked like child football club  instead of english priemer sides

You're doing the right things.  Mentality, tactical settings, player roles, even a player's own attributes can have an impact on how willing players move in to press the opposition.  A combination of some / all of these factors can massively influence things, sometimes in unexpected ways.  For example, combine an aggressive mentality with an aggressive player and he'll be pressing a lot - even if you tell him to reduce pressing via his player instruction.

That being said, Pressing is an area of the Match Engine where there is room for improvement.  Yes there are things we can do but only so much before we move away from the style of play we are looking to achieve.

On 09/05/2019 at 16:45, herne79 said:

You're doing the right things.  Mentality, tactical settings, player roles, even a player's own attributes can have an impact on how willing players move in to press the opposition.  A combination of some / all of these factors can massively influence things, sometimes in unexpected ways.  For example, combine an aggressive mentality with an aggressive player and he'll be pressing a lot - even if you tell him to reduce pressing via his player instruction.

That being said, Pressing is an area of the Match Engine where there is room for improvement.  Yes there are things we can do but only so much before we move away from the style of play we are looking to achieve.

the problem is in reality, the player were doing those things

why cant they understand that there already 2 or 3 player in wide areas, closing down the ball carrier? no need to go there as well. even with high agression, the player should at least have bit intelligence as top division player.

and strangely, this happen to lot of my player.

On 09/05/2019 at 17:37, HUNT3R said:

That looks like your team attempting to counter press. Do you have that selected?

On both I didnt activate. in that 2 match I played counter attacking tactic.

On 09/05/2019 at 17:42, autohoratio said:

It's a known issue

When you say "a known issues" you mean a thread where SI are not convinced and need more info to be provided. 

I play a high pressing game, but rarely see this. So it is not an inherent feature of the game. 

To the OP, what mentality are you playing on? What roles do your players have? You have provided changes to the PIs, which are the correct responses. If, for example, you are playing a counter press on attacking mentality with a BWM, you would expect to see a lot of players aggressively closing down the ball. Maybe this is really not the case, but it is impossible to judge from the info you provided. The positions you show are weird, but I rarely see anything like this in my tactic, and I use a counter press and quite aggressive closing down. This means it is likely not game at fault, but something in the way you set up your team that encourages this. 

On 11/05/2019 at 05:39, sporadicsmiles said:

When you say "a known issues" you mean a thread where SI are not convinced and need more info to be provided. 

I play a high pressing game, but rarely see this. So it is not an inherent feature of the game. 

To the OP, what mentality are you playing on? What roles do your players have? You have provided changes to the PIs, which are the correct responses. If, for example, you are playing a counter press on attacking mentality with a BWM, you would expect to see a lot of players aggressively closing down the ball. Maybe this is really not the case, but it is impossible to judge from the info you provided. The positions you show are weird, but I rarely see anything like this in my tactic, and I use a counter press and quite aggressive closing down. This means it is likely not game at fault, but something in the way you set up your team that encourages this. 

Sweeper Keeper (defend)

wing back (support) ball playing defender (defend) Ball playing defender (defend) Wing back (support)

Deep lying playmaker (defend)  central midfield (defend)

Inside forward (support)                 Shadow Striker (attack) or Attacking midfielder (support) depending on opp      Inside forward (Attack)

Complete forward (attack)

mentality is either positive or cautioous, depend on the opponent, and home or away

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 05:39, sporadicsmiles said:

any further suggestion? or more infromation needed?

Archived