Looking for the ‘new Monaco’

Hi,

I’m looking for a speciel team/club where I can create something big using the editor (cheat a bit with money) - but in a realistic way.

You have clubs like Monaco and Wolfsburg from rich cities but not alot of fans. Island teams is also a bit speciel. Mallorca, Las Palmas or Cagliari.

At the moment I’m thinking of Marbella FC or Jahn Regensburg. Most people knows about Marbella and Regenburg should be a rich city like Wolfsburg. By population Wolfsburg is number 1, Regensburg 5

Any other suggestions? :-)

50 minutes ago, ajoobah said:

Hi,

I’m looking for a speciel team/club where I can create something big using the editor (cheat a bit with money) - but in a realistic way.

You have clubs like Monaco and Wolfsburg from rich cities but not alot of fans. Island teams is also a bit speciel. Mallorca, Las Palmas or Cagliari.

At the moment I’m thinking of Marbella FC or Jahn Regensburg. Most people knows about Marbella and Regenburg should be a rich city like Wolfsburg. By population Wolfsburg is number 1, Regensburg 5

Any other suggestions? :-)

Does it need to be in Europe?  If using the editor you could edit in David Beckham's new MLS franchise Inter Miami.  Plenty of large clubs in Mexico or South America too.

If sticking to Europe, perhaps a smaller club from a large city with noisy neighbours:  Paris FC, 1860 Munich or perhaps try to make Espanyol the most reputable club in Barcelona.

If you do not mind starting lower down, and in a smaller nation, FC Vaduz is a team in the Swiss challenge league that are actually from Lichtenstein. It is therefore a very similar situation to Monaco in more ways than one. The down side, of course, being that you are in the Swiss league, which is hardly the sexiest.

Plot twist for vaduz: it can't go to champions league via league so only way of qualifying to it its the europa league, on top of that elimination in champions league at any level will result in top players wanting to leave because they want to play champions league

As to teams that should be rich i guess any scandinavian capital will do as that region is rather rich on its own

Arabic nations are a place for that too, a lot of people with money there, Tokyo would be a good pick too

U could try to make Caracas or Zulia in venezuela as those are their biggest cities and those where were the oil wealth in venezuela once was, there are a lot of teams in Rio for brazil too, maybe buenos aires 

What about FC Luch Vladivostok or SKA-Khabarovsk?

It's the ideal scenario for a tycoon takeover: a Russian billionaire decides to invest on a non-fancy club in the far far East of the country. Surely in case of success, there won't be many other clubs around to steal your fans!

Travelling costs will be through the roof, neither clubs or cities will be particularly attractive despite high wages and potential success... But the league's standard is still decent enough and the path to European cups isn't as convoluted as in Vaduz. Still, good luck if you're playing away in Portugal on thursday and you have a home game on sunday...

1 hour ago, RBKalle said:

What about FC Luch Vladivostok or SKA-Khabarovsk?

It's the ideal scenario for a tycoon takeover: a Russian billionaire decides to invest on a non-fancy club in the far far East of the country. Surely in case of success, there won't be many other clubs around to steal your fans!

Travelling costs will be through the roof, neither clubs or cities will be particularly attractive despite high wages and potential success... But the league's standard is still decent enough and the path to European cups isn't as convoluted as in Vaduz. Still, good luck if you're playing away in Portugal on thursday and you have a home game on sunday...

Haha, drawing an Icelandic team in qualifying - would it be quicker to go eastwards or westwards?

Archived