I'm looking for ultra-offensive 3-man defense tactic

Seems more like an ad than a discussion, but I'm looking to pick someone's brains about an ultra offensive 3-man defense tactic (why not even 2?)

I'm playing in Northern Ireland as Larne, and teams have started setting up the barricades in the league, almost each game, if not each, we line up against a 5 man defense. More and more often, we start to steal games through by 1:0 or 2:1, rather than the emphatic 8:0 / 12:0 wins we picked a few seasons earlier with weaker players. I really want to crush the league, I'm aiming to score 200+ goals in the 38 league games run for the season, if it means conceding 40-50. I'm looking for a tactic that will rely on the idea of scoring more and not much caution (8:4 wins are welcome).

Any suggestions, ideas? I could be used as a guinea pig for a test tactic too.

433, 2 centre backs, 2 complete wing backs to provide width with a regista in the DM slot. 2 central midfielders, one of whom is more attacking, maybe a BBM and a CMa. Inside forwards, or a raumdauter and a IF. A striker to occupy the defenders, be flexible on the role but if you are often camped out on the edge of the opposition area then consider something like a poacher or an advanced forward

3 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

You want a plug-and-play (possibly "exploit") tactic for download, or want some ideas and suggestions for creating your own tactic?

The gulf in class is so big that plug'n'play shouldn't be needed. Just some ideas how I can win most games by 6-7-8 goals :D

1 hour ago, Trent71 said:

The gulf in class is so big that plug'n'play shouldn't be needed. Just some ideas how I can win most games by 6-7-8 goals

I fear it won't be possible in FM, except perhaps on occasion (unless you download an exploit tactic). This game is too realistic to allow such a luxury. Even Rashidi - who is one of the top 3 tactical masters on this forum - rarely manages to win underdogs who play ultra-defensively with more than 3-5 goals,

And we don't even know what is your current tactic, so it's even more difficult to offer some good advice. If you could post a screenshot of your tactic, it would be welcome as a good starting point at least.

8 hours ago, Trent71 said:

I'm looking to pick someone's brains about an ultra offensive 3-man defense tactic (why not even 2?)

Never tried that kind of tactic, but maybe something along these lines could be an idea worth considering for you:

F9     PO    CFat

Wat                                           IFsu

MEZsu      RPM

HB

CDde      CDde

SKsu

Attacking / much shorter passing, play out of defence, slightly narrower width, hit early crosses, pass into space, overlap left, shoot on sight / counter, counter-press / higher DL, (much?) higher LOE, tighter marking, prevent short GKD, use offside trap

Opposition instructions - always close down and tackle hard on all opposition defenders and DMs

Don't know how a tactic like this would work, but you can try and see.

I had most goals with Clash's 433 flat, but lately I get the feeling the AI got grips of it, so I'm looking to mix it up a bit. 

Debuted your suggestion against Dungannon, sealed the title and won 4:1, while the next two games we won by 1:2 (Glenavon away) and 3:0 (Coleraine home). 

I do get what you're saying about the "realism levels", though, as I always dominate, but don't often get a lot of goals, which is a shame, considering my team's wage budget is about 300K per week, while my league opponents combined have a wage budget of 40K.

An absolutely suicidal tactics I tried a while ago:

——————SKs

——BPD(St)—La—BPD(St)

IWBa————————————IWBs

———DLPd———RPM

——————SS (or any other offensive role)

———DLFs/CFs—AFa/Pa

Very high line, heavy pressing. Very narrow in attack. Speed and passing directness somewhat slower. Disciplined and pass-first.

To be absolutely clear: This is bananas. The defense is completely out of position and any goalkeeper that has not good concentration and first touch will cost one or two goals *per game*. On off-days the offensive trio is just creating spaces while the wingbacks rule attacks.

But when in possession it gets plenty of chances and forces a lot of opposition errors, particularly penalties and red cards.

I have always found 3-4-1-2 to be as aggressive as it gets while being somewhat realistic. You could slide the two wingers back to wingback and use CWB roles if you had the right players to do that. You could also select an inverted winger (or inverted wingback) on one side if you wanted more variety in your final third attacks. You don't necessarily need a playmaker in midfield if you use a libero, but a DLP(d) holds position nicely, which gives your five attacking players (plus a BBM) a passing outlet when attacking. Almost no matter what you do, your wingers will be crossing often, and so it would be advantageous to have two forwards with good jumping, heading, aggression, and bravery.

3-4-1-2:

• CD - CD(d)
  • CD - L(a)
  • CD - CD(d)
  • RW - W(a)
  • CM - BBM(s)
  • CM - DLP(d)
  • LW - W(a)
  • AMC - T(a)
  • ST - DLF(s)
  • ST - CF(a)

Archived