[Suggestion] Player Interaction - All Options for All Positions

Finners

This has been grinding my gears for about the last several years but can we have a couple of just small tweaks to player interactions, particularly those after good performances?

It absolutely infuriates me that I can't praise a a wing back or a striker for "number of quality chances you created", for example, despite the fact that either could be my team's biggest provider. Wing backs get stacks of assists and so can strikers depending on how they're used. Being confined to either praising my player's "passing", which is rather vague, or their defensive work / finishing is really clumsy.

It's especially frustrating when they turn around and say "but boss, I was rubbish" because maybe their pass completion was low but you had them set up to take high risk, high reward passing options which paid off brilliantly?

Even if there was just a catch-all at the bottom of the list phrased something like "your all round performance was superb" if they're picking up a 9+ performance I think that'd help.

Yep. Well put

Or to be more blunt, nothing in the game is dumber than when you try to praise someone for a performance including a last minute winner, but you can't thank them for the goal, so you have to praise their passing or defensive work and they get angry about their treatment as a result...

20 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Yep. Well put

Or to be more blunt, nothing in the game is dumber than when you try to praise someone for a performance including a last minute winner, but you can't thank them for the goal, so you have to praise their passing or defensive work and they get angry about their treatment as a result...

Exactly. 

It's not very total football having position requirements on praise at all! 

Archived