Youth Player not included in intake

Yo.

So im streaming over at twitch.tv/kyznar as Bolton and im about to sign a great looking english 16 year old youngster for 4.8mil only to notice that this is his current career history.

3b1acedbed64ba9b36aea4f8192ad62a.thumb.png.af066fe20ae090a3da085b3cc21f0a54.png

Now luckily due to streaming the save i could go back back and rewatch the moment i got the youth intake. And to my shock this player was NOT listed as a trialist on the intake, as shown here.

d3ba7e92d621964a49f90063ffe36448.thumb.png.b351cfaab245e8ed5e9b8a9182e65f60.png

Also I DO NOT have Everton as a parent club. So why didnt I have the chance to sign my own junior youth intake player? Through searching in my transfer clauses I noticed this had happened a total of FIVE times all with these clauses shown. Even though NO news artcle involving this transfer was EVER shown.

ed427307cb1fad15739827e17520c2fe.thumb.png.63c795eb4e9074fbb4394f5872951c0b.png

As you can see the other players that got "stolen" are the ones also listed with 10 clauses, like Ross Wood.

So whats the reason for this? The only possible thing i can think of is the fact I am still only level 2 youth but surely id still have the chance to offer a contract to my own junior intake player!

I am completely baffled by this situation and it has happened, like I said, FIVE times since start of the save game. Please help, im going insane!

Thanks.

Kyznar AKA Dan.

I did reported this back in fm17, never got an explanation but the only thing that my mind can make for it is a Harry Kane situation where player was in U12 or something with united, was turned down and tottenham picked him up still, right now in the same save it keeps happening randomly with this youth going to teams with lower reputation like west ham or southampton

I'm pretty sure this is the game replicating those young prospects who move to bigger clubs when they were under the age of 16 (i.e. before they were generated in-game).

Think Raheem Sterling (who went from QPR to Liverpool when he was 15) or Jadon Sancho (who joined Man City from Watford just before his 15th birthday).

1 hour ago, WorcesterLegend said:

I did reported this back in fm17, never got an explanation but the only thing that my mind can make for it is a Harry Kane situation where player was in U12 or something with united, was turned down and tottenham picked him up still, right now in the same save it keeps happening randomly with this youth going to teams with lower reputation like west ham or southampton

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

I'm pretty sure this is the game replicating those young prospects who move to bigger clubs when they were under the age of 16 (i.e. before they were generated in-game).

Think Raheem Sterling (who went from QPR to Liverpool when he was 15) or Jadon Sancho (who joined Man City from Watford just before his 15th birthday).

Yeah but still IF that's true, there should maybe be some sort of prompt like "oh hey someone is poaching our youth with as of yet unknown potential ability! Would u like to invest X amount of money to make sure he stays and progresses in our academy?" Its an easy idea to add more depth and explanation into the game, and obviously IF you are strapped for cash you are not going to take the risk on an unknown "currently invisible" player. Also the flip mode of that is you could have a scouting assignment that tries to do this to other AI clubs, where again, u are met with a prompt such as "oh hey, you over there! We found a wildly talented junior player, do u wanna pay X amount of money to sign him into our academy? BTW he might end up rubbish and we judged him incorrectly" With keep currently junior players being cheaper than signing other teams junior players.

Just a thought IF this theory is true.

The theory is true ;) It doesn't really have anything to do with money by the way, but more with reputation and level of youth recruitment. The higher this level, the bigger the area where a club recruits youngsters from. Considering Bolton is right next door to Liverpool, it's fairly logical that a promising youngster from a neighbouring city would move to a club with a better academy and better facilities.

14 hours ago, SpooneyDM said:

Yeah but still IF that's true, there should maybe be some sort of prompt like "oh hey someone is poaching our youth with as of yet unknown potential ability! Would u like to invest X amount of money to make sure he stays and progresses in our academy?" Its an easy idea to add more depth and explanation into the game, and obviously IF you are strapped for cash you are not going to take the risk on an unknown "currently invisible" player. Also the flip mode of that is you could have a scouting assignment that tries to do this to other AI clubs, where again, u are met with a prompt such as "oh hey, you over there! We found a wildly talented junior player, do u wanna pay X amount of money to sign him into our academy? BTW he might end up rubbish and we judged him incorrectly" With keep currently junior players being cheaper than signing other teams junior players.

Just a thought IF this theory is true.

But that wouldn't work because he hasn't actually been generated until he appears in a youth intake.

All that essentially happens is the player gets generated with a history that contains time at another club.

The up-shot of this, is occasionally you get a small sell on percentage when those players get transferred.

Archived