Custom Squad Screen

dafuge

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

\o/ my new 24" tft monitor apparently can do 1900 x 1200 shame the base unit has had to be sent back as the clip holding the heatsink had snapped so i have to wait a week to use the new pc but i can ooh shiny and point at the monitor.

Wonder how many extra things i can squeeze in at that res ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd also like to know how come, after editing the team squad.xml file, I lose the colour codes on the main team screen; i.e. dark blue for players loaned to me, light blue for players loaned out, dark red for shortlisted players, red for co-owned players playing for the club and light red for co-owned players not at the club. They are, however, displayed normally in the tactics screen.

I'm having this same problem, did you ever fix it? Or maybe someone else knows why it happens?

hello evryone thanks for making the thread and adding to it!

i downloaded a panels file not long ago showing the exact sale value next to value, its great. My question for you lot is can someone please tell me how to add Red cards and Yellows cards values when searching for players, id like to know who gets the most every season thanks to anybody who can help!

do i need to edit panels.fmf or are there other files? i read on here someone had edited the search players list.xml? is that xml file inside the panels.fmf file? oh the flag ids for the reds n yellows is below, hopefully someone can tell me how to add these into the player search

Poyc = overall yellow cards

Porc = overall red cards

The .xml is person search list.xml (yes, it's part of panels.fmf), and if you know enough to know the flag ids you need, if you open up that .xml, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. It's pretty straightforward. Depends on which view you want to add your columns. They're all there, just pick your view and insert your lines...

SSGTroyer, thankyou or the reply but i still need more help, i cant find the xml files inside the panels.fmf i open the fmf file in notepad and search for person search but the only thing comes up is person search panel and after that line in the file its justs loads of lines which arent very clear to me so i dont know where to enter the lines for reds and yellows

You need to extract panels.fmf using the Extraction Tool provided with the game. This will make put every panel in the game in an editable format into a folder you specify. I put them a temp folder I made in my mydocs/si folder (I called it FM09Hold). Then edit the .xmls you need to change from there, and copy/paste them into your skins folder, or re-archive your temp panels folder into an edited panels.fmf. Editing the panels.fmf without extracting it can have dire, unpredictable results...

Ok ive just extracted the panels.fmf and edited the player search list.xml

i went down the code to stats, cus i want it so when i press search players then look at their stats i want to see yellow cards and reds as well as the default goals, assists, man of matchs so i put this:-

</record>

<record id="sest">

<string id="name" value="Stats"/>

<record id="view">

<flags id="Pscr"/> <!-- recommended -->

<flags id="Pday"/> <!-- days left on shortlist -->

<flags id="Pdta"/> <!-- date added to shortlist -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->

<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->

<flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances -->

<flags id="Pogl"/> <!-- player overall goals -->

<flags id="Poas"/> <!-- overall assists -->

<flags id="Pomo"/> <!-- overall man of match -->

<flags id="Poyc"/> <!-- overall yellow cards -->

<flags id="Porc"/> <!-- overall red cards-->

<flags id="Popa"/> <!-- overall pass completion ratio -->

<flags id="Pota"/> <!-- overall tackles per game ratio -->

<flags id="Podr"/> <!-- overall dribbles per game ratio -->

<flags id="Post"/> <!-- overall shots on target ratio -->

<flags id="Poav"/> <!-- overall average rating -->

</record>

</record>

then i used to resource tool to make the new panels.fmf and put it into the data directory, loaded the game and now this happens:-

th_40694_fm1_122_414lo.jpg

this shows what happens when i click the search options/filters button (and also when i try and exit fm program too!) i have to ctrl alt delete to shut the game down!

th_40695_fm2_122_208lo.jpg

the ringed area is where i wanted the yellow cards and red cards columns to be but all i got was a white triangle? lol im guessing this has to do with the width of the columns? not sure what to edit there though. hope someone can help, thanks

It is not recommended to rearchive the original fmf files as the game doesn't always like them being messed around with. (If you have applied any of the patches that file will be overridden by the file with the patch).

Best thing to do is to copy back the original panels.fmf file if you still have it (if you don't you'll need to reinstall the game).

If you just want to change the player search screen extract the panels.fmf from the \Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\data folder (assuming you have applied the 9.0.3 patch) using the Resource Tool, extract the file to somewhere easy to find but not within a folder that would be used by the game.

Within your FM09 User Data folder create a folder called panels and copy the extracted "person search list.xml" file into the folder. (If you are using a custom skin you may need to place the file inside the panels folder for the skin you are using, or if the skin already has its own file make a copy of the file and edit that one rather than the default one).

(NEVER edit the fmf files directly or the files that you have extracted, if you want to edit a file copy it elsewhere - so if you mess up all you need to do is delete the edited file and start again, without needing to re-extract the files or re-install the game)

Open the "person search list.xml" with notepad or similar program, locate the coding for the view that you which to edit add in the code you want and save the file.

Load the game up if you have the skin cache on turn it off and reload the skin, select the view/screen you edited and the new info should show. Then tweak the coding until you are happy - coding for setting the widths is in this thread in one of the above posts.

First off, it person_seacrh_list.xml, but I suspect you really knew that and just typed the wrong word, since the section you give is lifted out of the right file.

The clear box is what an .xml error box looks like, but that's the first time I've seen one with no text...

Are you sure about Poyc and Porc? I just did a quick look around and only saw Prrc and Pryc...

Personally, I've never messed with reconstructing .fmfs. I've always been editing an existing custom skin...Maybe if you set up a mydoc/si/fm09/skins folder for a YourSkinName, with configs as needed, and put a panels folder in it with your updated person_search_list.xml. When I needed help initializing a custom skins/<skinname> folder so the game will recognize it, I downloaded someone else's and saw how they did it, and copied them....

ok thanks for the replies. Ive got it working a bit. I made the panels folder in the my documents directory. I changed the flag ids to what you said prrc and pryc and it sort of worked. First off the box's were normal they are not emply anymore so i clicked on stats when searching for players and the yellow and red columns came up but there were no values instead of values there were just -'s.

Another thing i found was if i added the reds and yellows columns i had to replace one of the exsisting colomns, i.e I erased the line of code for pass completion rate and the shooting accuracy and added the yellows cards and red cards lines of code.

So i still have a bit to learn as in width editing and probably editing another xml file maybe? im guessing there will be another xml file to tell the players search list.xml how many columns there should be.

Oh and the only time you can see yellows and reds is on the league leaderboards, (goals, assists, match rating and CARDS) and the aother place is on the player profile screen where it shows his stats at the bottom. Im not sure what these xml fles are called but if i find out i will be able to look at the line of code and see what it says for the yellows and reds. Hopefully i'll get it working!

Thanks again for your replies help

ok ive sent this screen shot of my best attempt yet at getting the yellow and red cards to show on the players search,

th_62811_fm3_122_1136lo.jpg

As you can see the values are just - ? the lines of code im using are

<flags id="Pryc"/> <!-- yellow cards -->

<flags id="Prrc"/> <!-- red cards -->

the Pryc and Pryc must be something else. I need the line of code that is the same for the player plofile screen. This screen shows all his stats, i just need the OVERALL line, that is basically want i want when i search for players (looking at their stats)

ignore my last post about replacing pass % and shooting % , i was wrong!

yeah thanks ive tried the Porc and Poyc but the columns dont even show as if the line is wrong, there must be something else. If the value of total yellows and red cards is shown on the player profile screen were is the value coming from? there must be a way to add that line of code to the search players.

There is something i havent done and that is to continue the game, sometimes that resets panels/kits names etc. ill try that now. should have tried that earlier, fingers crossed

NOPE!! lol i didnt work

yeah sorry for starting a new thread, its just the title of the thread was how to edit the squad screen, sorry i should have just started a new thread in the first place.

Anyway thanks for replies of everybody i still havent worked it out, ive tried the flags Porc Poyc and Prrc and Pryc. They dont work, well the Prrc & Pryc show on the screen but the values dont and the Porc and Porc just dont show at all. Surely it can be done, i dont know why si got rid of those coloumns of the stats anyway?

If they don't work you'll need to see if you can find a different ID, if there isn't an ID then there is nothing you can do to get them to display. (The stats that show at the bottom of the player profile cannot be used as the coding for them isn't in the xml files).

The Po codes are in the team squad file and should appear on the squad stats view but they don't, which means the code has been disabled for some reason (or by accident).

After looking through the files the Poyc and Pryc codes do work - you need to be using the 9.0.3 patch, looks like the 'person list table.xml' file was updated with the patch to include the coding for the yellow and red cards. (The patched file will be located in the panels.fmf file located in: \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\data)

If you have applied the patch 9.0.3 and are using a custom skin either delete or rename the 'person list table.xml' that is included in the folder for that skin.

Alternatively if that file has been edited add the following lines to it:

<record>
     <flags id="id" value="Poyc" />
     <flags id="width" value="50" />
     <boolean id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
     <integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="1350" />

<record id="column_properties">
       <flags id="alignment" value="centre" />
     </record>
     <record id="column_heading">
       <string id="text" value="Yel[COMMENT yellow cards]" />
       <string id="hint" value="Yellow cards" />
     </record>
   </record>

<record>
     <flags id="id" value="Porc" />
     <flags id="width" value="50" />
     <boolean id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
     <integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="1350" />

<record id="column_properties">
     </record>
     <record id="column_heading">
       <string id="text" value="Red[COMMENT red cards]" />
       <string id="hint" value="Red cards" />
     </record>
   </record>

If you then add the codes into the 'person search list.xml' as before the yellow and red card columns should show.

Yes it worked!!

i patched the game to 9.0.3

edited the person search list.xml to have Poyc & Porc after assists and yes, it works. Thanks for everybodys advice and help, cheers

just check to see who has the most reds, Kewullay Conteh has 6 in 19 games!!!

Hi guys, I don't think it'd been asked (sorry if it has, the search tool is a bit rubbish) but I'm trying to get the Last 5 games column to just display the rating rather than the bars? Like the overall rating. Is this possible, perhaps by reducing the column width for example? Or is it hardcoded?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to add the 'Description' to the Person Search List.xml for the Player Search Screen?

I noticed that it wasn't in several lists in the thread.

I'm curious, since that would allow you to view all Wonderkids in your game surely? :D

You'd need to find the id for description and see if it will work on the squad page, as stated further up the thread players reputation won't show the best you can get is there non-player reputation that doesn't always equal the player reputation.

cheeers. couldn't find the id though so might not be possible

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit stuck here..

I have done everything right (well I think so) but my changes aren't taking place.

I extracted the panels.fmf thing outside the installation folder and then put the Team Squad.xml file in to a seperate folder called 'Panels' in the FM09 folder in My Documents. I edited the .xml file to what I wanted, and then saved it. I unticked Use Skin Cache and ticked Always Reload Skin On Confirm and then clicked confirm but nothing happened :confused:

Just check you've put the file here:

Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\panels

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\panels

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\panels

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/panels

and make sure you've definitely saved and closed the team squad.xml file.

The only other thing that I can think of is that if it is working properly and it isn't showing the changes, you've put the code in the wrong place. For example, if you want to change the code on the 'Selection' view, make sure you have edited the code under:

<!-- shown for club teams -->

<record id="sltn">

<string id="name" value="Selection"/>

<record id="view">

it says

<!-- shown for club teams -->
                       <record id="sltn"> 
                           <string id="name" value="Selection[COMMENT: button in view_menu on squad screens; choose to view club stats]"/>
                           <record id="view">

on mine, but apart from the bit in the '[ ]' it's the same

Well that's irrelevant and it should work. I'd recommend downloading radestock's base skins for adding to yourself. Any changes of panels, graphics or settings can be placed into these skins and you can select it in Preferences in the games and it will load all the changes specific to that skin. Then you would place the team squad.xml file here:

Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\<skinname>\panels

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\<skinname>\panels

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\<skinname>\panels

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/skins/<skinname>/panels

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michaeltmurrayuk,

Many thanks for the information. I am now able to have a better staff panel. I was not able to find the *.xml file before because I was only searching the panels.fmf located in H:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\data and not the one in H:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

The panels.fmf located in H:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\ have much more *.xml files than the one in H:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\data

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2439/staffd.jpg

i love this thread. learning a lot and have already made quite a few changes.

her's a question though. I would love to include the players strength and weakness in the assistant reports view. i know there is a code for the scouts assesments of a player, but they don't work too well. I gues what i'm looking for is the xml for the coach reports, and maybe somewhere in there would be a code that one can use.

Is it possible to add in the squad screen the following information:

- Team goals scored

- Team goals conceded

- Dribbles / 90 mins

- Games won / played

- Distance / 90 mins

- Passes / 90 mins

Basically, the type of information which will tell me how well the entire team plays when the player is on the pitch (team goals scored/conceded) and what type of action the player performs per minute of game time.

I know that most of the information is there, just not sure if it's accessible from the team squad.xml panel. The panel "Competition" -> "Player stats" had menu items for most of the numbers I want.

Any ideas?

Archived