JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing 92 - Season 2011/2012

Major improvment from last year, finishing comfortably in 8th place, never really looked like being put into a relegation battle again, so I'm really happy.

Squad

Information

Key Players

Marwan Gargouri

Patrick Noubissie

Team            Season           League                Position

Racing 92      2010-2011    French National              16th
Racing 92      2011-2012    French National               8th

Next Season Aim:

-Sign some good players

- Push for Promotion

EDIT - I might edit somemore info when the new pre-season starts.

This is so annoying, I can't try to loan that Zanni guy from Sampa because we are still in the middle of a board takeover :mad:

Its been going on for about 4 months now. Damn season ticket holder is still trying to buy the club from my chairman. C'mon!!

rlipscombe I wondered where your updates were. How come so slow this year? I thought you made good headway with the last FM.

FM09 needs a better processor with more RAM and i don't have that currently. game running slow. looking to improve it over next couple of weeks..... it's rubbish!! :mad:

Well getting close to the finale of this first season with Savona. 4 games to go and you can all rest assured that we stayed up and played with a lot of pride over the season. No-one rolled us over which was very pleasing. Off to bed now, and away til Thursday evening so season report will probably be done then :thup:

KUTGW everyone :)

So I have qualified for the Promotion Play-offs with a game to spare in the middle of that game now and up 2-0, had a horror 4-0 loss in the middle of the run to the promotions, but going for gold now and two of my players are in the running for player of the season, Borja, my star Andorra Right Wing who is supposedly the 4th best Right Wing in my squad but out performing all the others, and Moreno who has played Attacking Mid for me this season, Garcia is going to take the League Scoring title comfortably.

A 2-0 victory in the home leg of the Semi-Final against Fatima sets up a delightful away leg.

And a 1-1 draw takes us to the finals 3-1 on Aggregate now to play the final before I sleep :)

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't remember that I got promoted if I won the Semi...ok I can now happily go to bed :) I will be back tomorrow with a full season update and results of the final.

just had a massive 3-2 away win at Ponferradina, who were top of the league. we've cut the gap to six points off the top with 9 games to go..... have we an outside chance of the title again??? i have just changed back to my original tactic as well.

sure i'll lose the next match now........

I am absolutely hooked on the world of Fafe, I love my players and I have slowly built the sort of team anyone could be proud of, a little worried as some of my stars will probably not make the step up, and then a few others are now into their 30s and will most likely be pushed out of the side reasonably soon. But I will look around find the talent and fight to avoid relegation in the next season. 14th or better to avoid it I would like to take 10th in season one. Though continuing my trend of top 4 would be great, though unlikely following promotion.

Des Tiny's Epic Update Part I

Having spent 4 seasons in the Second Division A I thought now would be a great time to look back over the past four years and check out how we really performed. So here we are going to see an update on the results of each season, how we fared against differen opposition and in my opinion most importantly a bit more information about each of the players who made it happen for me and maybe for the big names..where they are now.

2009/10 A Mixed Beginning

I signed as manager of the Club in June and straight away went about building on some of the talent my squad already had, the updates on players can come later. First lets check out how I fared against all the teams in the league, and then a look at some of the teams stats for the season.

The Record

|    Opponent       | League Record GF GA | Cup Record GF GA | All time Record GF GA |
|-------------------|---------------------|------------------|-----------------------|
| Lixa              |     2-0-0      4  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-0-0       4  2 |
| Ribeira Brava     |     2-1-1      3  4 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-1-1       3  4 |
| Moreirense        |     3-1-0      9  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      3-1-0       9  3 |
| Ribeirao          |     3-0-1      8  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      3-0-1       8  2 |
| Vilanovense       |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    2  0 |      1-0-0       2  0 |
| Lousada           |     1-1-2      6  7 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-2       6  7 |
| Valdevez          |     0-1-1      0  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      0-1-1       0  3 |
| Gondomar SC       |     0-1-3      4  7 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      0-1-3       4  7 |
| Tirsense          |     1-0-1      4  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-0-1       4  2 |
| Vianense          |     1-1-0      4  3 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-0       4  3 |
| Santa Clara       |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    1  0 |      1-0-0       1  0 |
| Infesta           |     2-0-0      6  2 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      2-0-0       6  2 |
| Maia              |     1-1-0      2  1 |    0-0-0    0  0 |      1-1-0       2  1 |
| Tourizense        |     0-0-0      0  0 |    1-0-0    3  1 |      1-0-0       3  1 |
| Benfica           |     0-0-0      0  0 |    0-0-1    0  2 |      0-0-1       0  2 |
|-------------------|---------------------|------------------|-----------------------|

So I showed up a couple of teams, but I also got shown how to play by Lousada and Gondomar SC, following Gondomar getting promoted I was quite happy with that season all around.

An overall record of 19-7-10 with goals at 52 for and 39 against, it was an interesting start, very pleased to make the promotion stage of the division at our first attempt.

The Players

|    Name           | Pos | Games | Goals | Assts | MoM | Avg Rat |
|-------------------|-----|-------|-------|-------|-----|---------|
| Ernesto           | MR  |  34   |   1   |  10   |  2  |   7.04  |
| Kipulo            | DL  |  30   |   5   |   1   |  3  |   7.13  |
| Mendonca          | DC  |  32   |   1   |   3   |  0  |   7.01  |
| Rodrigues         | DC  |  34   |   1   |   0   |  2  |   7.12  |
| Viera             | MRL |  35   |   1   |   3   |  1  |   6.92  |
| Ferriera          | DC  |   1   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   7.20  |
| Hernani           | AMC |  32   |   5   |   7   |  0  |   6.82  |*
| Toninho           | ST  |  15   |   3   |   1   |  0  |   6.33  |*
| Fernando          | DC  |   7   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.29  |
| Protasio          | DC  |   3   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.00  |
| Graca             | MRC |   5   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.20  |
| Carvalheiro       | DML |   4   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.72  |
| Santana           | ST  |  36   |   5   |   1   |  2  |   6.23  |*
| Leitao            | ST  |  12   |   3   |   1   |  0  |   6.28  |*
| Djalmir           | ST  |  33   |  15   |   3   |  5  |   6.59  |*
| Dunga             | DM  |  36   |   1   |   1   |  1  |   7.05  |*
| Jorge             | Dc  |  10   |   0   |   0   |  0  |   6.96  |
| Primo             | DR  |  33   |   2   |   4   |  4  |   7.20  |
| Dani              | AMC |  11   |   1   |   2   |  0  |   6.47  |*
| Kita              | ML  |  29   |   1   |   2   |  0  |   6.75  |*
|-------------------|-----|-------|-------|-------|-----|---------|

Keepers

|    Name       | Games | Conc | Clean | MoM | Avg Rat |
|---------------|-------|------|-------|-----|---------|
| Ivo           |  36   |  39  |   12  |  1  |   6.91  |*
|---------------|-------|------|-------|-----|---------|

Of the entire squad from my debut season only 5 players still remain, they are Ernesto, Kipulo, Mendonca, Rodrigues & vieira. All the others have been moved on, but these 5 have been great players since the beginning and will most likely continue to be great players. So taking that into account, where are the rest of them now. Well Djalmir has retired, Leitao, Jorge & Primo are coaching. The rest are scattered around clubs.

Liga Sagres - Ivo, Dani,

Liga Vitalis - Ferreira, Hernani, Protasio, Graca,

2nd Division - Toninho, Fernando, Carvalheiro, Kita

Other Leagues - Santana, Dunga

So that was the state of my first season, stay tuned for a second season update and progression as it comes. If you want any screenshots of players from this era, just give me a message and I will get you a screenshot if i can, of course with some players now retired it may be harder, but I can do my best.

That's given me another reason to kill my brother as i woud still be in the liga vitalis. :mad:

Hows Oviedo going then.

Max

only played one further game last night - a 3-3 draw with Bilbao B, so gap to top back to 8 points with 8 games to go. going have to try and secure the play-off place and see from there.

I will have finished my 2nd season by tonight but probably won't get the update done until saturday. This season is going down to the wire because i had to wait until the january transfer window for some good players that performed. So far it has been a real struggle im going to have to spend a long time finding some players that can get me up the table.

Great report there Des. I'm back and just about to wrap up my Savona file.

Quick question - has anyone heard of a bug preventing takeovers occurring in Italy or elsewhere? My Savona chairman has been in talks over a takeover for about 6 months now :mad:

Archived