JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

End of Season Review 2009/10

League - Predicted 16th

Actual 14th

Another tough relegation battle this season, as the complete basque squad were taking time to gel together and score goals. Despte the millions that the club now posess, its still difficult to filter through the players and find ones from the basque country. However, my chairman is now upgrading both training and youth facilities so possibly it might help bring a few decent youngsters through because the only decent youngsters i have are ones that i acquired on free transfers.

It never looked particularly bad in terms of getting relegated, even though we were among the bottom spots almost throughout, mainly because the team were always dominating in terms of possession but until january i didn't have a striker that could score goals. When looking through basque strikers i came across a man by the name of Mikel Arce who promptly became the scorer that i bought him to be. Also on a season long loan from Athletic Bilbao was the goalkeeper Raul who had an expiring contract, and with the amazing performances that he was putting in i decided he was too good to let go and signed him at the end of his contract.

Looking through all the players that my scouts are finding i am not sure whether i should scrap my basque only policy and just go for good players all over the world, so far i am undecided on this issue, what does everybody else think?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off congrats on staying up again. Arce looks a great player, and Raul looks a good GK too.

as for selection policy, it's a tough one. The Basque only policy is a great one, one i wish i was strong enough to try! but if you're not getting many Basque players through the academy, it's going to make it tricky. An option would be to go down the Basque / Portugalete youngsters, although from personal experience i know it's tough to resist signing foreigners!! Maybe you could have a 6+5 policy or something like that, as the genius that is Blatter likes?? or Spanish only policy....

it's up to you. it will be REALLY tough to succeed limited to Basques though. The choice is yours!!

OK ive decided that i will scrap the policy of basque only but i don't want to ruin something that i have kept so closely to, so i have decided that i will have a spanish only policy whether it is first or second nationality, this will make signing people easier because i can search for spanish players where as i couldn't search for basque only. But i will still be looking towards the future and getting basque youngsters through.

My 3rd season has started with a resounding 2-0 win away at Serie C1 side Pistoiese. I think my faith in youth and the discovery of a half decent striker Raffaello will give me an excellent chance of promotion this year. I hope I'm not wrong in this early optimistic attitude!

Racing 92 - Season 2012/13 - French National

Same kind of season, which seen us finishing one place below the position last year, in 9th - we failed to win any of our last 8 games iirc.

Overall, in my opinion, we played much, much better this season, but a few slumps seen us drop points when we needed them most.

League Table

Key Players

Patrick Noubissie

Consistent as always - was injured for 5 months too, was a big blow.

Miroslav Slavov

Pure class, came up with some magic stuff.

Marwan Gargouri

Solid as always down the right wing.

Cedric De Cicco

The cat, some magnificent performances this year.

Youngers

Nicolas Jacquet

Fans POTY. He's gonna be a Racing 92 legend, I'm telling you. Snapped up on a free and was excellent all season. Future Captain.

Yohann Iriart

Class season at left-back, another legend in the making, and possible future captain.

Youssef Angeli

Not his best season, but he is a very, very good player.

Squad

League   |       Year      |Position|
--------------- |----------|--------|
French National |2010/2011 |16th    |
French National |2011/2012 |8th     |
French National |2012/2013 |9th     |

Look forward to it rlipscombe :thup:

Benjaminoo - you have some good players there, especially Slavov! Good luck on a better season next year :thup:

On the Savona front, we have qualified for the knockout stage of the Serie C2C Cup for the first time in 3 attempts. The young guns look very good. Guarniniello is my very own Italian David Beckham. Not too much pace but incredible ability with the football. He is the club's Vice Captain at only 18 too.

Real Oviedo - Spanish Second Division B1 - Season Review - 2009-10

So my first season with Oviedo has FINALLY come to a close. You will all know that we made it to the play-offs, but how did we do??

Real Oviedo 5-2 Universidad LP (2nd round, first leg)

A great performance from the lads, and a great lead to take into the second leg. Rodriguez starred with a hat-trick. The away goals weren't ideal though for the return leg.

Universidad LP 2-0 Real Oviedo (2nd round, second leg)

our away shakiness nearly came back to haunt us. Almost threw it away, but we're through to the next round.

Real Oviedo 3-1 Sevilla Atletico (3rd round, first leg)

Another solid home win. Two more goals from Rodriguez set us up for the second leg. Another away goal conceded though.

Sevilla Atletico 3-2 Real Oviedo (3rd round, second leg)

A late winner from Rodriguez sees us into the final round. So close to going into extra time, Jorge popped up with a late goal to see us through. Once more we were nearly let down by our away form.

So, the win saw us drawn with Real Madrid Castilla. Castilla have a lot of good young players, so i feared a tough game. thankfully the first leg was at home so we had a chance to get a lead to take to their place.

Real Oviedo 4-1 Castilla (final, first leg)

Jorge Rodriguez is a legend! He has almost single handedly taken us this far. Couldn't ask for more from a striker. Gives us a great lead for the second leg.

Castilla 2-2 Real Oviedo (final, second leg)

Another brace from Rodriguez (who else) sees us promoted at the first attempt. Absolutley delighted, i really didn't think we'd make it this quickly.

So, Oviedo are promoted to the Liga Adelante at the first attempt. No one was more pleased than JOrge Rodriguez, who heaped the praise on me. Thanks Jorge, i love you too!

League Table

Squad

Tactic

Obviously the star player was Jorge Rodriguez, who came so close to scoring 50 goals in a season. scoring more than a goal a game, it's almost entirely down to him we were promoted. Jorge is probably my favourite ever striker in this game for a number of years. His feats naturally earned him the award for top goalscorer. if you want any other screenshots, feel free to ask.

On the finances front, we made a great profit of just over £1 million. this is mainly thanks to our fantastic support who poured through the gates. The new chairman has moved in, although he neglected to give us any additional money. I have a new 3-year contract in my pocket too.

AIms for next season

- Survive. I feel it might be a big step up so i will only aim to survive. Anything else will be a bonus

- Keep hold of Jorge Rodriguez. His minimum fee release cluase is £5 million and i won't sell for less than that (probably)

- Find some more quality youth.

- Rely less on loan signings. Typically this season i had 6 loanees in the sixteen man squad. i hope for less this season.

League        |       Year  |Position                             |
-------------------|---------- |----------------------------|
Second Division B1 |2009/10    | 3rd (promoted via play-offs   |

tell me about it!! his record truly was incredible!! he'd have got more had i not tampered with the tactics mid-season.... A true Oviedo legend already.

I am actually surprised we made it up. i had prepared myself for another season and had convinced myself that it'd be better in the long run. but i'll take promotion now!!

Ha :D

Little update - moving into November we're sitting 6th but only because we just lost our last 2 games 1-0. We're just 2 points off the pace though and it is a very tight league this year. The youth are doing a sturdy job and I have a couple more youngsters coming in January to add to the ranks. I can't wait to see these boys in 5 years time - they really could be the spine of this Savona squad for years to come :thup:

Rlipscombe goes up within a week of me...haha, good work Richard, in a Mini-update I have saves at strategic points so I am going to be able to do the multiple season updates with some screenies next weekend, because after work my mind is not clear enough to write these up I am playing ahead. I have advanced past Estoril (Pay back for the 2nd Division Final) to make the 2nd round of the League Cup. This season I have two cups and the league to compete in going to be a lot more fun, made about half a dozen new signings, and I have told the board I will avoid relegation, that is number one issue everything else is second to that. Though my Ass Man says my team has the depth to do better than our goals ;) So thats a good sign, onwards and upwards from here, oh and I got another contract extension, 3 more years, so I have made my contract extend til June 2015 now, very happy with that, though only 650 pounds a week, I think I deserve a bit more :p

5 games into the League and sitting nicely in 6th spot with a 2-1-2 record, having scored 7 goals and allowed 4. In the League Cup we need to beat Maritimo B (The only reserve side in the Liga Vitalis) 3-0 (Or by two goals with any other score) to gain the third round, which would be a huge achievement meaning I have knocked out a Liga Sagres team :) My team is gelling brilliantly, I am way under my wage budget and in general looking better. Home attendances in the league of about 3k every game, and my League Cup games at 5-6k I am much happier :)

good to hear Des - keep it up. maybe with the bigger crowds you can bring the finances a little more in line...

keep it up.

iacovone - good to see the potential of the team is showing this season. good luck hanging on to the leaders. i reckon you might just make promotion this season.....

Iacovone: Hopefully you don't have an idiot chairman that sells them over your head. Good luck mate.

Richard: well done on promotion mate Rodrigeuz was amazing good luck next year

Des: A good start to the season well done mate keep it up.

Well i cant wait any longer and have decided to start my italy game now rather than waiting for the patch.

Max.

I dont know mate, maybe I didn't sell the dream too well! Guariniello (new Beckham) is having an inspired season but he just said he'd welcome a move to Giulianove :(

In fact :mad: I made you what you are!!!

And Max fortunately I think Amir Cohen, my chairman, won't be selling anyone - so far he's been pretty much the perfect chairman :)

January Update

Reinforcements have arrived!

Salvador - Suprisingly managed to nab this little 16 year old from Valencia!

Getting slightly carried away with himself!

And again!

Basically Salvador is a talent but deary me he needs to be put in his place! One of the great aspects of our squad is the spirit within it. He better not disrupt it!!

Also signed:

Calderelli - Another left winger to add competition.

Sebastiano Garlisi - A player I'm familiar with - he was once nicknamed Goalisi under my command - can he repeat this?

Picked up a couple of nice players mate. Salvador looks really great but he definetly needs to settle down. It's good to see you got him there for 3 and a half years, as I reckon he'll develop into one mighty fine player. Player like him really annoy me sometimes, wanting to be the centre of attention and not being happy they're just playing the game. But despite his poor PR skills, I'm sure he'll become a top player and will probably get you a large some of money when it does come time to 'move on to a "bigger" club'. Well done though mate, Good find and Good Luck!

Salvador is a good talent congrats on signing him. Hopefully he wont disrupt the squad Harmony

Calderelli looks good and will offer some competition down the left flank

Garlisi looks a decent striker hopefully he'll live up to his nickname.

Sadly Messina cant get promoted as they're not in serie D there in the league below.

That's annoying as i really wanted to be them.

Max

i've just signed a Portugese winger from Porto who's also got an ego bigger than Spain... Says going to show the fans real football, and that i should rebuild the team around him.... i don't think so mate - the teams built around Jorge Rodriguez!! ;)

Haha damn right rlipscombe, if this guy even thinks he's going to be bigger than Rodriguez he's got another thing coming!! See my post above about the Spaniard Salvador - it seems we both have potential problem players!

By the way which league are you in, what tier is it?

His name is Postiglione.

But if you have an Italian team without assistant help during games you've encountered a bug. I had it at Pro Belvedere. You need to be a team that starts with an assistant already. Either that or save and reload until you have a team with assistant advice during games. Worked for me at Savona :thup:

Ha indeed he has, I forgot to mention that he retired in the summer :(

Well we're 6th, 5 points off top at the moment. The goals have dried up a little which is a bit worrying. Need to at least get playoffs this year. We are too good on paper for this league!

Haha damn right rlipscombe, if this guy even thinks he's going to be bigger than Rodriguez he's got another thing coming!! See my post above about the Spaniard Salvador - it seems we both have potential problem players!

By the way which league are you in, what tier is it?

Too right - no player is bigger than the club.... ;) W're now in the Liga Adelante, which is the 2nd tier in Spanish football. I feel it's going to be a big step up in quality, although my Ass Man rates alot of my attacking players as being good for this league... we shall see.

Archived