JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what a start mate.

Dafuge challenge have King kyle wilson

We have king Jorge

ha ha. i wouldn't go that far yet..... but he is a star. As for the start, i'm overwhelmed too. 1 defeat in 8 isn't bad!! although we have slipped in form as we did win our first 4 games.......

Progressed to 4th round in Spanish cup where we will play Liga BBVA (La Liga) side Osasuna. should be interesting

and yes, 10 pages this quickly is amazing. great work guys, long may it continue...

Congrats Iacovone :) on the 2000, hopefully I will make it some day.

As for kipulo, I just had to do something special for the end of his Fafe career, he has been a star, but at 32 he was pushing whether he could remain in the club anymore.

Excellent start for you Rlipscombe hopefully it keeps going.

As for 10 pages, we have amazingly become the 2nd most popular FM09 challenge and long may it continue.

Congrats Iacovone :) on the 2000, hopefully I will make it some day.

As for kipulo, I just had to do something special for the end of his Fafe career, he has been a star, but at 32 he was pushing whether he could remain in the club anymore.

Excellent start for you Rlipscombe hopefully it keeps going.

As for 10 pages, we have amazingly become the 2nd most popular FM09 challenge and long may it continue.

2nd most popular with (probably) the fewest participants! :D

Keep it up guys :thups:

Thought I'd give a quick update on Savona. Despite my negativity early on in the season, it proved to be just a blip. We have done the opposite of last season - started poorly but grown into the season. Verona are basically uncatchable - they are 9 points ahead and have only lost 1 game (to us). So I'm basically trying to keep some sort of consistency and secure a playoff place. The one worry is our run-in - we have 3 away games to end which is a bit of a worry. However if we can make the playoffs I have a slight inkling we may see promotion this year :thup:

11 games remain...:)

Meh to be honest Max finding any strikers has been a problem for me. Try Luca Camiluzzi he was good for me and rlipscombe on FM08.

Just thought I'd inform you all that I have a 18 year old CM called Gambini (theres a screenie of him in my last end of season report) who is now seen as a good Serie A midfielder :D

EDIT: Max who are you? I forgot to ask!

Look forward to it.

I have just found a young Norwegian striker, only 18 (shock!) who is so so raw. The definition of a rough diamond. But he has outrageous pace and some flair soooo he's gonna get a contract for the Savona Youth and a chance to shine. Screenie to follow.

i'd say Wiksy looks pretty promising. with careful nurturing in Savona i reckon he could be pretty good..

max - i can't really remember many of my Como players from early days. my advice would be to see if you can get any loans. Cammiluzzi was good, and possibly one called Eder?? i'd scour the lower leagues see what is thrown up.

Yeh have written up most of the thread already based on last years! I will be allowing loading the players form your nation (Recommending it actually!)

But here it says to load all players oh well most of the ones yo get are pretty Carp any way

G. Keenan's C.F. Reus- Spanish Second Division B3- 2009/2010 End of Season Update

Media Prediction: 18th

Actual finish: 11th

Review: Compared to my predicted position I had a pretty good season, but from my own standpoint it was fairly dull and a little disappointing. I thought my team would be able to push into one of the final playoff positions but overall just lacked that final bit of quality required. After highlighting Victor Ortiz at the beginning of the year as one of my standout players he was a bit of a disappointment, he only managed to score 3 goals in his first 23 games, however he did show flashes of what he is capable of and had a stretch where he scored 6 goals in 5 games, I think I'm going to stick with him as my starter for one more year unless I can make a major upgrade this offseason as I like his potential. I have already agreed on a couple of free transfers which could/should help me improve for next season and I still have my whopping £10k transfer budget to spend.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key players: Rafael Hidalgo, Jaume Granados, Joaquin Calderon and Alvaro Zazo

Star Player: Eduardo Escobar

Aims for next season:

• Continue to improve squad with a view to making the play off positions next season.

Manager History:

[u]League[/u]                        [u]Season[/u]      [u]Position[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spanish Second Division B3     2009/2010     11th          None

iacovone's Savona Youth End of Season Playoff Update - 2013/14

Ok so before I head into the complete report of the season I have to first announce that we made the playoffs by coming 3rd overall. By doing this we faced Ancona who were in 4th. Our record against Ancona was pretty dire - 0 wins in 4 attempts, including three 0-0 draws! The first leg was away from home and was a tight but dull affair. I was happy to leave with another 0-0 draw though.

The home leg meant that so long as we avoided defeat we would be heading to the playoff final (due to the Italian league sorting rule that meant table position was the key deciding factor after 180 minutes and no winner!). And so after another tense but fairly boring affair, we came away with another 0-0 draw! We were in the final!

Our opponents were Cremonese - the 2nd placed team. We had played them as recently as the last game of the season and had drawn 1-1 at their place. Over 2 legs I felt we had the beating of them. Our record against them was played 4, won 1, drawn 3 - so we were undefeated.

So the home leg came first at the Valerio Bacigalupo stadium and the pundits were backing Cremonese. One had to wonder then why they turned up and 'parked the bus' in front of their goal all 90 minutes. Nevertheless it worked for them and we had to settle for our 3rd 0-0 in a row. This was worrying as it meant we had to go to their place and win! Anything else meant another season in C1/A.

So with the onus on us to go and attack we did just that and after just 6 minutes we were 1 up!! Odir picked up the loose ball on the edge and thumped it in the top corner!! What a goal from the highly rated Brazilian!! The first half ended up being all ours as we caught them on the break time and time again...unfortunately neither Conti or Bozzetti could convert the numerous 1 on 1's we had. So half time came and I encouraged the boys to keep going at Cremonese as I felt 1 goal wasn't enough. Cremonese were sent out 2nd half in a 4-2-4 formation so I immediately switched our 4-4-2 to our defensive 4-5-1. It worked a dream as we won a penalty just a couple of minutes into the 2nd half. Luca Lubrani the clubs most favoured player stepped up and converted in off the post! 2-0 and cruising towards Serie B!! Cremonese inevitably pushed more men on and this left them even more exposed to our counter attacks. It resulted in Conti racing down the wing and crossing for the unmarked super sub Alessandro Lanzoni to nod into the net. He'd won the penalty and scored the 3rd before being injured, but what an impact he had! So with that scoreline kept secure til the final whistle I'm delighted to tell you that the Savona Youth have gained promotion to Serie B!!! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Full update of the season to come some time tomorrow :thup:

Meh to be honest Max finding any strikers has been a problem for me. Try Luca Camiluzzi he was good for me and rlipscombe on FM08.

EDIT: Max who are you? I forgot to ask!

I love how everyone is suggesting MY find of FM08 haha, Luca Cammilluzzi was a stalwart in my first save with Domegliara, then became a household name as he flew around a million other clubs before having my current scout in AD Fafe telling me I should be signing him.

Oh Also I love my scouts in this game already the 7 of them have improved so that they are all 19 or 20 for Judging Ability, it is an excellent state of affairs.

Luca doesn't look quite as good in 09 as in 08, but if you can get him should be good enough for the first league, but possibly you should try and loan one :)

Des Tiny is Keeping the Fafe

2014/15 Preseason Update

Heading into this season, my main aim was just to improve on my finish from last season and if possible push for promotion. The bookmakers had us as outsiders to gain promotion, but gave us the Dark Horse tag.

So going into the Pre-season I wanted to test my mix of new players and old players and see how I could go about it. After the drawing of the League Cup 1st round I only had 4 friendlies remaining, so I planned to us my home and away against fellow Liga Vitalis team, ??????, as a test for my players. With the board only caring about us making the first round any more would be a bonus.

The Friendlies

at Leca         1-1
Garcia

at Sp. Pombal   3-0
Dulom, Moreno, Garcia

at Immortal     4-0
Garcia (2), Cardinali, Barros

vs Beira Mar    1-0
Garcia

The League Cup

1st Round

at Portimonense  1-2
Garcia

vs Portimonense  1-0 p5-4
Garcia

2nd Round

vs P.Ferreira    2-0
OG, Mpon A Rim

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Carrasso - Second season with the club, will be the number one man between the pipes.

Vitor Golas - My Youthful back-up, if Carrasso goes down at least I have someone who can take his spot.

Defenders

Jonathan - We all know him and I hope we are starting to love him, Venezulan Right Back.

Vitor - A great Right Back, but he may end up as back-up with Jonathan still able to rip up that side of the park.

Monasterio - Affectionately known as The Monster, a left back who will share duties with Lima this season.

Lima - With less than half the squad now hailing from Portugal, Lima is hoping to link with his fellow hometown heroes for something miraculous.

Rodrigues - Long time servant of the club, he is the only remaining player from the 2008/09 Campaign.

Barros - One of the new men to help and defend for the club, a great signing, but can he perform?

Reis - Another new kid on the block, but is in a purely cover situation, Central Defenders seem weak around at the moment, may have to look further abroad.

Flasse - A Belgian who has managed to break into the starting side immediately, hopefully his defense is as good as his mouth.

Midfielders

Sampaio - Long time player, last seasons Player of the Year.

Ciza - A great looking Defensive manded midfielder, has pushed the player of the year from his spot.

Andre Ferreira - Young Right Winger, a great product of my Youth Factory.

Miguel Ferreiria - The newest star of the right wing, he has some large boots to fill, but I believe he has the needed qualities.

Dulom - Probably one of the toughest fights for position is going to be Dulom vs Ruben.

Ruben - For the first time in a few years he has a battle on his hands to keep his place in the side. Good Luck to the boy.

Sanchez - Yes the boys call him "The Dirty One" a back-up for Moreno, he is hoping to get some games, though with the current financial situation his stay may be short.

Fiore - A young possible future AMC star, but U19s for now.

Moreno - The Midfield star from last season returns and hopes to reaffirm himself as the creative master.

Strikers

Mpon A Rim - New player, hard name, and thinks he is the centre, show me why first.

Cardinali - Able to play at AMC as well allows for him to play slightly behind Garcia and feed beautifully.

Garcia - The Sniper.

Fonseca - The Young Gun.

iacovone's "Savona Youth" End of Season Report - 2013/14

Well what a season it was in the end. Hopefully you've all read the playoff report so I don't really need to go back over that. Ultimately we won and have Serie B to look forward to :D

Predicted Finish: 11th

Actual Finish: 3rd

The Squad:

GKs:

Giordano Liguori

Federico Salerno

Defenders:

Roberto Sibilia

Pasquale Rossi

Luca Lubrani

Attillio Donati

Angelo Fatello

Franco Gareca

Daniele Magliocchetti

Gianluca Stefanini

Midfielders:

Odir

Ferdinando Guariniello

Alessandro Lanzoni

Andrea Cota

Ivan Caldarelli

Paolo Bressan

Marco Erba

Claudio Gambini

David Biaou

Tomasso Rossetti

Salvador

Strikers:

Davide Bozzetti

Antonio Conti

Marco Girasole

Ivan Makhedzhiev

Ivar Wikan

Liguori for me was solid all year. At the back it was no coincidence to see Rossi named Fans POY as the fans again recognised a defender as their player of the year. Gareca was a superb addition as well as Sibilia who are both rated as good Serie A players. Gambini also falls into this category and was excellent in CM. Erba, Odir, Caldarelli and Guariniello produced exciting but solid performances week in week out with the latter coming 3rd in C1/A POY. The key man up front was Bozzetti. He picked up the C1/A Top Goalscorer Award. I came 2nd in which was pleasing. In the new season I have the pleasure of announcing the incoming prospect through the academy - , someone who is seen as a potentially good Serie A forward :D

The Rest:

Graph

Finances

Facts

Best XI

Best Ever XI

Information

Stadia and Facilities

Stats

C1/A Team of the Year

Plans:

Well it has to be survival. Despite my huge transfer budget I am again reluctant to use it. I want to continue to blood through the youngsters and am excited to see how they will cope with the promotion. Strangely a couple of them want to leave for bigger clubs - Magliocchetti and Liguori being the main culprits :thdn:. But hopefully I can convince them to stay and continue the rise with the Savona Youth!!

Prediction = 12th

C'mon, one promotion from the big time :D

C.F. Portugalete End Of Season Review 12/13

League - Expected 14th

Actual 1st

After my 4 seasons of playing this challenge, I managed to have my first real attempt at fighting for a title, or rather my first attempt anywhere near the top of the table.

The start of the season did not give me amazing hope of a title challenge with a loss and 2 draws in my first 6 games but the three wins did happen to be drubbings against some of the worst opposition in the league. After this though we went through almost every game unbeaten with only 2 more losses. 2 of the 3 losses came against Castilla and Ponferradina who both finished in the playoff positions, despite this i eventually managed to capture top spot off a strong Castilla side and after taking the head the team never let it go. I was absolutly ecstatic about the league win with a team that i wasn't sure would be able to make the grade yet again, and throughout the season it still felt to me that at any moment the dream would be crushed. But the team really showed their character by winning every promotion playoff game and gaining promotion, also doing it with an all Spanish team :)

My player of the season-Jairo

Club Top Goal Scorer-Arce

So for next season i will be looking to add a striker, but apart form that i don't think that the team needs any more additions. Also hopefully people will now come to games because my attendance is usually around the 800 mark, apart from the last home game of the season which attracted 1200 and the final playoff game at home attracted a record attendance of 2999, which is 1 below attendance.

I've just had a 2.5m bid for Gareca and a transfer request from my keeper Liguori. Its going to be tough in Serie B. Even though I dont need the money I may have to take it just to ensure team spirit remains. That could be the key to us staying up.

Flashman - well done on your promotion!

iacovone - congrats mate!! great achievement. lokking forward to seeing how you get on in Serie B.

Flashman - congrats on finally making promotion. And doing it the Spanish way too. Good luck next season.

Gareth - solid first season there. Spain is quite a competitive country to play in and with so many relegation places it's going to be tough. good luck building for next season.

aaberdeenn - the RAM has arrived and is working!! \o/ Good luck mate. looking forward to seeing your progress in this challenge.

As for Oviedo, had a night off last night, but am climbing aboard again tonight. :D

Okay, I'll stop a week before then and progress a day at a time to make sure I get it right unless either of them confirms before I start my holiday later.

Regarding the RAM I'm just playing with Getafe now and the game is so much quicker, should be much more fun without all the ridiculous loading times. I'm going to order another 2GB after Christmas so that I'll then have the maxixmum 4GB installed.

aaberdeen: The reset date is the 30th of june.

Des: I will be reading "keeping the Fafe good luck with it.

iacovone: A great performance to gain promotion well done mate.

Flashman: Great performence Mate good luck in the Liga Adlante

EDIT: Nocerina will have to wait til after xmas my laptop is too slow at the moment. However i will be carring on my spanish save in the mean time.

the curse of the forum has well and truly struck. after starting with a 5-2-1 record, our last six games have been 1-0-5 :( :( We're now well into the midfield pack. i feel a change in tactics might be needed to reverse our fortunes. we are also out of the spanish cup, having lost 0-2 and 4-3 in the 2 legs.

the bubble has burst. on a positive note, King Jorge is still averaging a goal a game! :D

Holidaying is over and the newly promoted teams are up, I just need to choose one.

I'm going to delay my decision though until I get bored of my Getafe save, I've never been a fan of having more than one save at a time and I just can't bring myself to manage another team whilst there is plenty of unfinished business.

I'll be back though, someday soon.

Des Tiny is Keeping the Fafe

Liga Vitalis 2013/14 First 3rd Update

Well a simple start for the season was all i asked of my boys, and I have to say I ended up pretty pleased with the results, the first 10 games of the season managed to see us 2nd on the table, two points ahead of our nearest challengers and two points behind Varzim, who it looks like i will fight for the title. The early days were definitely improved by the sight of our Captain Ruben making it 2nd in the Goal of the Month for August, followed by a delightful September with Cardinali coming 3rd in the Player of the Month, and also delighted to see Garcia pick up 3rd in the Goal of the Month. At this point I was unsure if it could get any better, the team were flying high, but improvement was just around the corner as in October Des Tiny picked up the Manager of the Month award, and we featured for the third straight month, with Cardinali taking out the Goal of the Month.

Also the board tried to help our finances with a lot of small change...

Money 1

Money 2

The Players who starred so far

The Monster - Wow Wow Wow, that left back seat is a great spot, any player would do well there, but at 19, The Monster has it wrapped up.

Ferreira - Playing well for the youth team made a few subs in the seniors.

Cardinali - Another Young star in this new line-up can't fault him.

Garcia - 10 goals so far this season...BRILLIANT

Ruben - Captain Fantastic, involved in everything.

Barros - The 22 year old Portuguese defender has beaten off two much older men to set himself in stone in this spot.

Moreno - A bit of a rollercoaster season, but he is definitely getting into the role.

Archived