JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha you will all just love this, ok pretty much it is going to be a reverse of last season if I am going to do any good here are the first 5 games of my Season. Predicted ranking in brackets.

at Maritimo (4th) 1-1

at Leiria (14th) 1-1

vs Benfica (3rd) 1-2 (Should've been the other way, my keeper had a nightmare)

vs Sporting (2nd)

at Porto (1st)

So getting the four hardest games gone straight away, but it could have a really bad effect on morale, so hopefully I can fix that.

3rd from last game:

at MANTOVA (7th)

'A total fluke' described Mantova's opener as a cross flew into the net and put us 1-0 down after 15 minutes. We were playing poorly after that and I gave the players the hair drier treatment :D. We picked up our performance in the 2nd half and had a couple of chances before young sub Ciarlantini pulled us level in the 74th minute. I thought we'd go onto win the game but 2 minutes later we conceded a sloppy goal. Despite a good 2nd half, we lost 2-1.

Down to 9th.

Hard luck Iacovone, well my great League start now has to be repeated again, my FM09 just crashed and for no reason. Results before the crash.

at Maritimo 1-1

at Lieria 1-1

vs Benfica 1-2

vs Sporting 0-0

So I had 4 games with 3 of the best included and was on 3 pts in 12th, the restart of my last save is August 17th so I have to play them all again, at least the save is not too far back...

2nd from last game:

at TREVISO (10th)

Poor keeping let a corner sail over Albano's head and be nodded in. 1-0 down. Just before half time we conceded again and quite simply any hopes of promotion were lost. Another aggressive half time team talk and we came out stronger. With 10 to go Girasole pulled us back into it but we couldn't go one better and equalise. Another defeat and the playoff dream was over.

Damn curse!!!! :mad:

Down to 10th

Thanks for the DDT files, they'll be a big help. I'll decide what league to be in and start holidaying tomorrow. Just wondering Des, where did you get the badges for the lower league clubs of Portugal, and can you get them for the other lower leagues like Germany and France.

AD Fafe International Flavour

I have really spread my players around this season, with the following Nationalities now included:

Argentina - 3 Players

Belgium - 1 Player

Denmark - 1 Player

Spain - 6 Players

France - 1 Player

Germany - 1 Player

Italy - 2 Players

Norway - 1 Player

Portugal - 4 Players

Switzerland - 1 Player

Sweden - 1 Player

Turkey - 1 Player

USA - 1 Player

Venezuela - 2 Players

Of this top squad 2 Players have full International Caps (Garcia & Jonathan)

And 14 have Youth Caps.

Keeping the Fafe

2016/17 Liga Sagres

Mid-Season Review

A Pretty Good Run

Well this season started off pretty damn good as we managed to steal results against teams we shouldn't of. The Results to make Tiny smile were as follows:

at Maritimo 1-1

vs Sporting 1-0

vs Nacional 3-1

vs Academia 4-1

Of all the results this season it was these four that got the best response from the AD Fafe fans and also from Tiny. Just the start of the season left AD Fafe in 5th place on the season and in with a great shot at continental qualification, though then the curse struck, after having a friend tell Tiny he was "In with a grin" the team fell apart, dropping to 7th in the league with a series of unfortunate results. To end the first half in 7th, meant Tiny was satisfied he could build and move up the league.

A Little Bit Tiny

Well its time to actually get to know Des Tiny, who is the man behind the team? Well he speaks two languages fluently, and has a reputation Portugal wide. Really before he took this job he was a complete unknown, but his History & Awards speak for themselves, all around Tiny appears to be a man with only his job on his mind.

The Squad

Well the team for this season was made up of some new boys, the likes of Aguero & Aakre, and the old hands, Garcia & Jonathan. But whether new to the club or a long term resident, only one thing was asked of them perform well enough to get a midtable finish. The board wanted us to avoid relegation, but Tiny was demanding something a little more. Four players stood out in these respects and they were Melim who has managed to score 11 goals already this season, Cubukcu who has had a couple of nightmare games, but has been a star in general, Aguero has set the wing on fire and managed to pick up 6 assists on goals. While Garcia has led from the front following Moreno's injury and appears to have fought his way back in after being on the outer early on. In the club there is a seperate group known as The Internationals, these guys have all made an appearance for at least their nations Youth Team, all do very well, and are looking at bright futures.

Wrapping it up

Well a few little bonuses for you shown below.

Club Info

Summary

Finances

Big Team Records

vs Benfica 0-0-4 1 11
vs Maritimo 0-2-2 3 8
vs Sporting 1-0-4 3 12
vs Porto 1-1-3 4 14
vs Braga 1-2-2 5 10

As you can see a rather disappointing set of results, overall agains the 5 best teams I have a 3-5-15 record. I desperately need to improve that if I am going to advance.

iacovone's "Savona Youth" End of Season Report - 2014/15

A proud season overall for me. My Savona Youth did a cracking job of avoiding relegation, never looking in danger and very briefly threatening a playoff spot. We only had 2 players over the age of 22 in the squad - David Biaou (who never played and has now left) and Daniele Magliocchetti (who was superb 2nd half of the season at LB). Last report I predicted we'd come 12th in Serie B. We came 11th so that just shows how great I am :cool:

Predicted Finish: 22nd

Actual Finish: 11th

The Squad's Stars:

Ferdinando Guariniello - Club Captain and still performing well. Got our most assists along with Marco Erba. Could be a bit more consistent but should hold the RM position for next year. Holds the appearance record at the club, a couple ahead of Conti.

Pasquale Rossi - Club Vice-Captain. Was superb this year at CB. Signed a new long term deal and I expect him to continue to grow with the team towards Serie A.

Franco Gareca - Perfect foil for Rossi at CB. Will be tough to keep this summer though.

Claudio Gambini - Good season from the DM. He is probably our best player and unsurprisingly is looking elsewhere for a challenge at a bigger club. Could depart this summer.

Marco Erba - He had a productive season in terms of goals and assists just not a great average rating. Very useful midfielder.

Antonio Conti - again not a great average rating but scored enough goals to justify his position at the club. Holds the all time goalscoring record at the club.

Gareca was solid at the back with Rossi all year. He picked up the Fans POY.

The Rest:

Graph

Best XI

Best Ever XI

Facts

Info

Records | Attendance Record

Stadia & Facilities

Stats

Plans:

We have a couple of exciting players joining us. One this summer. One the next and one the summer after. The last two are from South America and consequently have to wait until they're 18 to join but I'm very excited about them. For now our defence and keeper seem just fine. We need some competition on the wings (our LM didn't get 1 assist all year!) and as always need a goalscoring striker!!

Prediction = 8th

Forza Savona Youth!!

Well the vs Porto record is now 1-1-4 losing to them in the League Cup 3rd Round League haha

Next game we face Benfica...still losing Money, but not as badly as I was and overall the team is alright :) Still positive, when we slip I might start selling and purchasing only players with A-Class Potential on the cheap.

My Incoming record is still 900k, and its really the only transfer I have paid for. I also just signed 3 new scouts, replaced my three worst with 2 20/20s and a 20/19. Make the line up of scouts look amazing now. 3 @ 20/20. 1 @ 20/19. 2 @ 19/19. 1 @ 19/18. 1 @ 19/15 & 19/12 & 19/11, 1 @ 18/18 and my worst is 17/16. Hopefully with that level of scouting looking through all of Europe, all of Africa + South America and East Asia I will find some stars.

that scouting ability is amazing!! you have to find some stars with them......

good season iacovone. if only you hadn't told us about your play-off chances!! ;) Ooh, the pressure on you after spending some serious money!! :D this'll test your ability to pick a player even more!! don't want to waste Mr. Cohens money.......

The 3 I replaced were 18/12, 18/12 & 13/13 (He was the best who would join at the time)

As for me I am just doing some research on my next planned challenge haha, yes I know I have to finish this first, but planning something big to release on the world :) And need the research done first. As for AD Fafe we are still in 7th place 25pts on the board from 17 games, Last Season i scored 26pts total so that shows the huge difference this time around. I must say though winning the Liga Sagres is going to be a mission, those top teams are considerably better.

Graziano Domanico becomes the first Savonista to break the 10k wage structure at the club. Coming in for £1.5m and on £11,500 per week, the fans are expecting big things from the Italian forward.

Further signings have been made in the shape of Merouane Bouhafs, an Algerian striker with phenomenal pace signed for just over £1m. Valerio Pezzini completes the crop, a hard working CM who demanded to be centre of attention upon arrival! I think not Mr. Pezzini :rolleyes:

Any hints on the challenge Des? Is it a current challenge or one you're dreaming up?

Its an expansion on an idea I have wanted to do before, and after finding something similar in the Stories Challenges, I am working on expanding my idea and coming up with the solution I want. Its not going to be easy and the research has just killed my FM *rofl* I selected 30 leagues to load and it don't like it. Only hint I will give is I am heading East...and then coming back west.

Its an expansion on an idea I have wanted to do before, and after finding something similar in the Stories Challenges, I am working on expanding my idea and coming up with the solution I want. Its not going to be easy and the research has just killed my FM *rofl* I selected 30 leagues to load and it don't like it. Only hint I will give is I am heading East...and then coming back west.

Sound interesting Des

Naturally.

I'm feeling confident with my Savona squad this season. It could be a big year. We finally have a pair of good strikers - it could be the key to our success!

Incidentally the teams that dropped from Serie A were Siena, Ascoli and Parma. Other than Parma, not too much to worry about there.

Anyone know where I can get kits for all the German teams, including the unplayable ones at the beginning so any promoted teams will also have kits?

As you can tell, I've chosen Germany as my place of conquest :p I have the DDT file, so it should go much better this time round.

Archived