JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They go in the Data Folder of your Database, so umm let me see...

4. How do I make them and where do they go? icon_confused.gif

EDT and DDT files are created in notepad. When you go into notepad, and have finished typing in your commands, click File. Then, click Save. In the dialog box that appears, select “All Files†for the file type (this option is near the bottom). Then, type in whateveryouwant.edt or whateveryouwant.ddt (obviously changing “whateveryouwant†to something more memorable).

Save them in the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM09\data\db directory (where C:\ is the letter of your hard drive).

For example

They go in the Data Folder of your Database, so umm let me see...

4. How do I make them and where do they go? icon_confused.gif

EDT and DDT files are created in notepad. When you go into notepad, and have finished typing in your commands, click File. Then, click Save. In the dialog box that appears, select “All Files†for the file type (this option is near the bottom). Then, type in whateveryouwant.edt or whateveryouwant.ddt (obviously changing “whateveryouwant†to something more memorable).

Save them in the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM09\data\db directory (where C:\ is the letter of your hard drive).

For example

I put it in the db folder but would I need to create a separate folder for ddt files? Cuz I see a folder with edt files and another folder with lnc files...

Just put it in the EDT folder and then at the start before starting a new game you need to go into Preferences and check the right hole :)

It also needs to go in the right DB, so if you are using update 9.02 you need to put it in the database folder for that update, so I think its updates/902/data/db/edt...

Rancer - you've gotta take on the challenge with KING Rodriguez surely...?

EDIT: Savona update - 3 games played in Serie A, 3 defeats. 0-2, 0-1, 0-1 to AC Milan, Genoa and Torino. Torino are relegation candidates the other two are top 6, Milan the holders. We created chances against Torino which gives me some hope but it looks like a lack of firepower could cost me dear this year. January sales could be vital at this rate...!

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2018/19

September 1st

How is it?

Well with a few players wanting to leave the club, it was a bit of a worry coming into the season. In the end only Coentrao & Romero left who i wanted to stay, I also managed to sell off Melim as he was now the 5th best striker in the squad. The Friendlies went very well, the highlights being a 1-0 victory over Dortmund and a 3-2 loss to Galatasaray.

The New Guys

Tiny looked to the transfer market in the off season and managed to pick up a new array of players who could hopefully make a difference for the club in the coming season.

Santos - Needing a better back-up for the Right wing slot, this guy joined Fafe and really looks the part, also a Portuguese player which is something we need more of.

Portuguese nationals of the necessary quality seem to be lacking, so I now have two scouts searching just Portugal, and a third searching Central Europe. Hopefully they turn up some homegrown gems because having to have 4-5 Youth Players in my Squad selection hurts.

Tarasenko - Another DC, the ranks of Defenders who will join Fafe are slim, this guy has a huge future, rated as a future leading DC.

Pantovic - Another young defender with a future, this now makes three starting across the back under 22 who have 7 star potential.

Kouakou - With Coentrao & Romero both having left the squad needed an Anchorman, this African has looked stunning in PreSeason.

Montero - A second class Attacking midfielder to back up Perdigao. Very good and a bit of experience for the team.

Dag Olsen - 3 Goals in 2(1) Appearances in the Pre Season before he broke his ribs, a great start and the obvious partner for Radakovic once he is fit again.

The Start

First game of the season saw us drawn away to Sporting CP. I was not hopeful of anything really, and was playing for the draw from the beginning, we quickly went 1-0 down and then pulled it back, but straight away they got a second. As time ticked away AD Fafe managed to come back and get a draw for a great opening weekend.

Match Overview

EDIT: Savona update - 3 games played in Serie A, 3 defeats. 0-2, 0-1, 0-1 to AC Milan, Genoa and Torino. Torino are relegation candidates the other two are top 6, Milan the holders. We created chances against Torino which gives me some hope but it looks like a lack of firepower could cost me dear this year. January sales could be vital at this rate...!

Ouch not the best start, you need to get some goals in there, otherwise you could be looking at a drop back down. Best of Luck from your fellow Top League Dweller, entering my 4th season in the top league I am hoping for European Qualification this season.

Cheers Des, at the moment I'm just hoping I'm not cut too far adrift by the time January rolls round :(

Good luck with your push for Europe, Tarasenko looks quality. Pantovic has a good base too, quick and can tackle! Montero and Koukaou both have great mental stats for central midfielders, they could work well together. Finally Dag Olsen is someone I know a bit about, him being a Spurs academy player (although he has just signed for Valencia!). He wasn't really seen as good enough at us, but we're not exactly renowned for bringing through academy players! Should do just fine at Fafe, great pace!!

Oviedo's pre-season is over and all in all it's been pretty good. a bit of a squad overhaul but pretty happy with it.

i'll post the new boys later hopefully. First game is away at relegated Mallorca. should be a good test of where we are.....

Real Oviedo - LIGA adelante - Season 2011/12 - Start of Season Overview

so we're already at the new season, and there has been a number of comings and goings, as can be seen here. So, without further ado, here are the latest additions to my squad....

Imanol Nuevo - central midfielder signed on a free from Celta. one for the future, he's being tutored by Juninho... hopefully some magic will rub off on him.

Bernabe Velasco - young RB signed on a free from Rayo. will provide back-up to Marcos, who's heavily courted and unhappy i'm rejecting bids for him. expect him to get some playing time.

Oscar Sielva - young DM signed on a free from Gimnastic. following Scoppa's departure, he's slotted straight into the starting line-ip.

Sebastian Pinto - Chilean international striker signed on a free from Gornik. I'm hoping he might be the man to provide support to the King, and score a few goals too. time will tell.

Joaquin - Goakkeeper signed from Tenerife in a part exchange deal for Jose Maria. really wanted to sign him, am delighted to have this great prospect. Has initially taken the starting place from Javi Martinez.

Thimotee Kolodziecziak - French youth international left-back signed following his release from Lyon. attacking full-back who will battle with Antonio for a starting berth.

Antonio - my first money signing, costing £75k. good LB who is first choice at present.

Oliviero Migliaccio - italian/spanish winger signed on a free. good prospect, who'll push Zequinha for his place

Miguel Lasarte - havehigh hopes for Miguel, who could be Palacios's heir. Performed well in pre-season.

Diego Solanes - another young GK with a lot of promise. 3rd choice in squad for now though.

Rodney Sneijder - Dutch midfielder signed to give competition for places in midfielder and to cover Jaime. very good technically

Juninho Pernambucano - 'veteran' brazilian midfielder signed for £40k. if he can teach the kids and play as well as has in pre-season, it'll be money well spent.

Jose Nunes - another 'veteran' signed to bring experience to our defence. released by Valencia.

Souza - Brazilian youth international winger signed as one for the future, though who'll definately get game time this season. excited by this kid.

So there are the new faces... Palacios is still an Oviedo player and i hope he knuckles down and performes for us. i'm happy with the squad i have, although i'm a little weak in depth up front so Montiel and Gorrotxategi will get plenty of chances to shine.

It's time to see how my new squad gets on!!

Well I am sorely disappointed, my club is losing money like nothing else, our players are a bit young to compete, and in the League we have plummetted from 3rd to 8th following successive losses to Benfica 3-0 & Porto 4-1. It is a gut wrenching run of games, now i get a break to get a few players back from injury and hope none get injured on international duty :)

I like the look of Souza Richard, he could become very very useful

my scentiments exactly. he's pacy with an ability to cross a ball which should suit our tactics. Jaime has just got injured for a month so it might be an early chance to see how he's looking.....

don't understand that... are you looking at season income or monthly income?? working for me, but i'm in season 3 if that'd make any difference....

Total income. It's not a big worry. I already have US$620k in the bank after the first month. I'll survive. ;)

Although I have no idea why I got a kit sponsorship of $70k yet I somehow got $350k in sponsorship... :confused:

11 games in and I find myself in the midst of a relegation battle. 18th out of 20, although there is only 3 points between me and 14th.

I don't doubt the ability of my squad, when we have the ball we manage to make chances. We've won three times, all away, with scores of 3-0, 1-0 and 3-0. One draw at home to top of the league (also fierce rivals) and the rest losses.

Anybody have any tips on how I can get possession? We seem to always be on the bacfoot with the opposition always the one that attacks.

Keepng the Fafe

2018/19 Liga Sagres

Mid Season Review

The League

A Brilliant start to the league season sees AD Fafe sitting in 4th place in a crowded table.

Benfica 14-1-0 +30 43
Sporting 11-4-0 +27 37
Porto 10-5-0 +28 35
Fafe 9-3-3 +10 30
Maritimo 7-5-3 +9 26
Braga 8-2-5 +8 26
V. Setubal 7-3-5 +6 24
V. Guimaraes 5-7-3 +5 22

With the top 6 qualifying for Europe this would currently see us in to the Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Round which would be a huge bonus for the team in general and give us a shot at making it a proper Euro Run in the new season. We currently sit just 6 points clear of Setubal in 7th place, so dropping from the race is a huge possibility, as for my three losses, there were Benfica, Porto and Academica (Gutted). Really I am happy to be in the fight at the halfway stage and look to taking the fight further.

The Cups

In the Portuguese Cup Fafe have made the 5th round and will face Vizela at home. Meaning we are facing the team 13th in Liga Vitalis and a great shot at making the next round.

In the League Cup we are in the third round drawn in a group with Benfica, Sporting & Setubal, this of course means that its the toughest group of the lot and we managed to steal a 2-2 draw against Benfica first up to put ourselves in a 4 way tie for the lead of group 3, but we need to win at least one of the remaining games to have a chance.

The U19s Cup, for the first time Fafe made it past the first round and have now got to the Quarter Finals defeating Vit. Guimaraes, O. Bairro, Naval & Sp. Covilha to get this far, up next are Camacha, a team struggling in the 2DD of Portuguese football, and this game will decide one of the 4 semi finalists. Other Quarter-Finalists are Maritimo, Caldas SC, Rio Ave, Porto, Benfica & Machico. So a good spread from the leagues could see us do well.

Our defense is still poor, but it has improved as we have moved up the table, now for the second half push for qualification.

C'mon the kids!! good going so far Des - fingers crossed you can keep it up. As for staff, it is annoying. i tend to review mine most seasons anyway so no major problem for me. i've just had a mass overhaul of mine too.

rancer - solid start that. with regards to the ground, it won't be to do with a new ground. probably just matchday income - where i mkake my profit.

nailer - sounds like you're just unlucky. what formation do you play? do you look at your Ass mans advice during the games? particularly at half time. gave me clues as to what i needed to do.....

As for MY Oviedo ;), great news broke last night when Palacios came off the transfer list, after being unhappy at being on it, and promptly signed a new 4 year deal. cost me an extra £1k p/w and a £100k signing on fee, but ties him to the club for a while longer... :D in January, i also have a young striker coming in at a cost of £625k who's got potential to be a leading La Liga striker!! could possibly have got him on pre-contract in January, but i didn't want to risk missing out as he looks VERY promising. an U-21 international already at 17......

Oh very unhappy December 1st comes around and 9 of my staffs contracts end and none of them will come back, so am now trying to sign a whole new staffing line up...ve4ry unhappy with that...

Everyone needs to watch their staff contracts, not being told sucks, biggest bug of 9.20

That happened to me in my 4th season IIRC. Forgot to bring it to light in here,but yeah this bug sucks.

C'mon the kids!! good going so far Des - fingers crossed you can keep it up. As for staff, it is annoying. i tend to review mine most seasons anyway so no major problem for me. i've just had a mass overhaul of mine too.

Yeah I review mine most off seasons, but with that many staff going in December without noticing it has gutted my staff allocations, and I lost my 'best' scout.

So I signed a full new contingent of Coaches and Scouts and 2 Physios, now have 20 Physio some great scouts and 7 Star coaching in every area...

As for MY Oviedo ;), great news broke last night when Palacios came off the transfer list, after being unhappy at being on it, and promptly signed a new 4 year deal. cost me an extra £1k p/w and a £100k signing on fee, but ties him to the club for a while longer... :D in January, i also have a young striker coming in at a cost of £625k who's got potential to be a leading La Liga striker!! could possibly have got him on pre-contract in January, but i didn't want to risk missing out as he looks VERY promising. an U-21 international already at 17......

Dammit I need some of those young superstars...oh right I have them in Pantovic (Pants) & Novak at the back, :)

Good luck when he joins Rlipscombe hopefully he lives up to his billing unlike my strikers, I currently have 8 on the books in my senior squad haha

Little update on Savona:

We just won our 3rd Serie A game of the season and first away one at Sampdoria. Losing to Savona was seen as so unacceptable that they sacked their manager Eusebio Di Francesco in the aftermath!!

Our league record at the moment stands at 3-1-7

We sit 18th just in the relegation zone on goal difference.

Also I now play a 3-6-1 formation which as evidenced by the away win at Sampa appears to be quite useful!

I quite like the idea. In fact I think I sorta love the idea. Of course if we are going to do it there would have to be certain rules on it. For example a Player entering the Hall of Fame must've played over 100 games and have one at least one trophy with the club.

Just as an example of a player being nominated. As for best Nickname well that would have to be voted on. Il Dinosauro vs The Monster vs Pants vs King Rodriguez...hmmm Battle Royal anyone? :p

Little update on Savona:

We just won our 3rd Serie A game of the season and first away one at Sampdoria. Losing to Savona was seen as so unacceptable that they sacked their manager Eusebio Di Francesco in the aftermath!!

Our league record at the moment stands at 3-1-7

We sit 18th just in the relegation zone on goal difference.

Also I now play a 3-6-1 formation which as evidenced by the away win at Sampa appears to be quite useful!

Well avoiding relegation is always task one. So everyone can see here is the mapped plans for myself since joining Liga Sagres. Bold is my actual results so far.

Season 1: 15/16 - Avoid Relegation 14th (final position 13th)

16/17 - Top 10 finish 10th (Final 8th, Qualified for Euro through Fair play)

17/18 - Top half Finish 8th (Final 8th)

18/19 - Euro Qualification 6th (Currently 4th after 15/30 games)

From there I have a slow set of other goals, basic idea being to move up the league one spot per season and hopefully win the Champions League in 2028/29 (30 years after the 0-0 vs Porto) This current season is my 20th Anniversary Season.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2018/19

Goals to Delight

The Goals

Both my entries this month are from one delightful game against Maritimo on January 13th 2019. This 2-0 victory has left us in 4th place in the League with 13 games remaining, 10 points behind Benfica on top & 5 points behind Porto in third, but best of all is 8 points clear ofBraga who are 5th.

Entry 1

Goal Scorer: Aleksandar Radakovic - 23 year old Serbian Striker who is in his second season with AD Fafe. He is valued at 5.5 million pounds currently if anyone wishes to purchase him.

The game: AD Fafe vs Maritimo on Sunday January 13th 2018

The Scenario: With the scores still locked at nil all, the team is pushing forward, the ball is passed between several players before a dummy run in front of the goal leaves Radakovic unmarked to slot it past the keeper and into the net.

The Goal - First goal on the PKM.

Entry 2

Goal Scorer: Domingos Perdigao - 23 year old Portuguese Attacking Midfielder in his 2nd season with AD Fafe. Currently valued at a very cheap 2.7 millon pounds.

The Game: AD Fafe vs Maritimo on Sunday January 13th 2018

The Scenario: With the game already at 1-0 and the opposition down to 10 men Fafe were pulling back a lot more and not playing such attacking football, Aguero receives the ball on the left wing and passes it back to Perdigao standing in the centre of the field 35 yards out, he looks up and shoots curling the ball past the keeper and into the right hand corner of the net.

The Goal - Second goal on the PKM.

I would've loaded the videos, but they were such poor quality that I am working on improving them, but there are my entries for this week. I prefer the first goal by Radakovic with the build up to it and everything, but the commentators loved the second one.

And a 5-2 loss at home to Sporting cuts my gap in the league to 5pts back to Braga. Also only the top 5 make Europe this season as Portugal's Coefficent has dropped. in the next 3 weeks I face Porto & Benfica, so Braga could sneak back ahead before they face those same 3 teams. Though in the 5-2 loss Radakovic scored both our goals to move to 14 in the league tied for the League Goal scoring title. and now only 6 short of Garcia's 20 in the league a club record. 12 games left for him to try and overhaul that. He also has 17 overall which is 7 short of the Overall season goals record of 24 also held by Garcia.

Hall of fame format

Catagories

Best Name

Best striker

Best midfielder

Best defender

Best regen name

Best regen striker

Best regen midfielder

Best regen defender

Hall of shame format

Catagories

Worst striker: A

Worst midfielder: M

Worst defender: D

Worst Regen A

Worst Regen M

Worst Regen D

Best mangers

Basacally who completes this challenge and with what club if any one else has any thoughts on this just add to the lst or whatever

i think that the hall of fame idea is a good one, and will be a bit of fun for all. max, your idea seems reasonable enough - it's just getting the criteria sorted.

iacovone - 3-6-1?? ha ha. if it works for you... :D keep battling away, i reckon you might just survive...

Des - couple of bad results there against Sporting... Hopefully you can pick up and hang onto that European place.....

I think maybe some other more amusing catergories

For examples

Best Player Nickname on Forum

Most amusing goal (I have a premade entry for this)

I dunno I like the idea of some Catergories that are less about the best and worst and more about having a bit of fun. Like Most money spent on a striker for 0 goals (More than 20 appearances)

Keeping the Fafe

2018/19 Liga Sagres

Avoiding Relegation

Well having played Benfica, Porto & Sporting twice in 5 weeks. A shocking run of games, and I have Porto again in the Portuguese Cup Quarter-Final.

I am still 4th, but the table is a bit closer behind me, mind you, of the teams 4th-9th I have the best run in with no games against the top 3 left.

League

Sporting     17-4-0  +45  55
Benfica      17-1-2  +37  55
Porto        14-7-0  +39  49
Fafe         12-4-5  +12  40
Braga        12-4-5  +16  40
Maritimo     10-6-5  +13  36
V. Setubal    8-7-6   +5  31
V. Guimaraes  7-8-6   +1  29

So comfortably in the top 5 now, tied with Braga with the best run home. 4pts ahead of Maritimo in 6th, and 6th place misses out this season. But Clear of the rest behind with 9 games to go. Also am 28 points clear of relegation which means with only 21 games on the board I have guaranteed I will be in Liga Sagres next year. Now all that matters is the push to qualify for the Euro Cup.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2018/19

Record Chasing Update

Mr Aleksandar Radakovic is in the process of hunting down the records this season, mainly the seasonal ones. Currently Garcia holds both scoring records at 20 League goals and 24 Overall Goals. This season Radakovic has 17 League Goals in 21 appearances & 20 overall goals in 29 appearances. He is also clsoe to taking the Assists record set at 21 by Dani the season before I took over. Radakovic has 13 assists this season.

So ten games to go he needs at least 5 goals (4 in 9 league games) and 9 assists.

Will keep you posted.

Archived