JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent work rancer - its so nice to get those rare early wins against the big guns!

Gaz I like the look of that keeper and at only 19 you possibly have one for at least your time in Serie B. I've just agreed the transfer of Man Utd's 17 year old GK for £7m :eek:! He is fb tbf!

Excellent work rancer - its so nice to get those rare early wins against the big guns!

Gaz I like the look of that keeper and at only 19 you possibly have one for at least your time in Serie B. I've just agreed the transfer of Man Utd's 17 year old GK for £7m :eek:! He is fb tbf!

Rare? It's not that rare these days, which is a good thing. :p

Yeah, Gaz, when you're rich, spending £7m on a 17 year old isn't that big of a deal. :p

Ok I am laughing at how easy it must be with that much money, in my Fafe game I have fought to be the 4th best Portuguese Club and I am still only just out of the Black, I only get a transfer budget if I make it myself, and I still lose money every month. 5 seasons in Liga Sagres, if I had the money you guys had I would've beaten Porto more and probably have won a title. :p

Oh Des, all you got is Porto and Sporting. Serie A and La Liga are harder leagues to win in. :p

La Liga Update

Halfway point of the year...

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team       Pts   G.D.
1st  Barca       46   +29
2nd  At. Madrid  42   +17
3rd  R. Madrid   42   +26
4th  Real Oviedo 41   +19
5th  Zaragoza    36   +20
6th  Valencia    32   +12
7th  Athletic    32   +13
[/font]

Not bad so far. Closer than ever. :D

EDIT: And thanks iacovone for the backup in the MLS thread. :thup::D

Ummm Rancer you seem to have forgotten Benfica & Braga. But personally I think the hardest thing in Portugal is getting out of the Second Division, as you have 4 leagues of 12 teams, and only 2 teams get promoted. Thats a 1 in 24 chance of promotion, and really a pain in the butt to have to win the opening stage and then the Promotion Stage and then the Playoffs as well.

Ummm Rancer you seem to have forgotten Benfica & Braga. But personally I think the hardest thing in Portugal is getting out of the Second Division, as you have 4 leagues of 12 teams, and only 2 teams get promoted. Thats a 1 in 24 chance of promotion, and really a pain in the butt to have to win the opening stage and then the Promotion Stage and then the Playoffs as well.

I did. Hehe. :o

In Spain, I had to get out of the Second Division B the hard way...3 playoff rounds (I think lol. If I won the league, it woulda been so much easier. But had to finish 2nd) :(

Lost penalty shootout to Sevilla in Spanish Cup Quarters. :(

Worst start ever...I just got thumped 4-0 by Infesta in the first League Game of the season...not pretty in the slightest.

Ok after reading the stats it wasn't as bad as it looked on the scoresheet, we actually were pretty evenlly matched, they just seemed able to stop all of our attacks.

Great.

I get home from school, load up my save for this challenge, and its corrupted!! :mad:

Starting again now in Portugal.

Oh I hate that...grrr, well come and lets play in Portugal. Alcobaca has had a poor start to the season, we seem to leak unlucky goals. I need to build my defence up. We have gone 0-1-2 so far Goals 4-9

Dammit. Just lost the Semi of the Italian Cup 1st Leg at home 2-0 to Roma

Unlucky iacovone

Castel San Pietro - Serie C1A - 2010/11

Media Prediction: 18th

Final Position: 1st

League Table

I can't really congratulate my team enough on this further success, I was fairly worried at the beginning of the season, as I had no transfers arranged to come in, but again, after players contracts expired, they were interested in joining, and the squad began to look stronger.

I think a reputation boost helped the coaching situation, as we now have a full backroom of staff, inlcuding nine coaches and a half decent assistant.

Again, it was a strong start that helped us gain momentum, after losing to Ancona 2-1 on the first day, we remained unbeaten until facing Cittadella on matchday 17. After that defeat, we remained unbeaten until the end of the season, although it did still take us until the last round, needing to win, to clinch the title.

Tbh, this season was alot easier than expected, the step up didn't seem too great, and alot of last season's team were on equally good form. Having said that, I think the new signings had an equally large role to play in making the step-up seem easier.

Best Player - Giovanni Scappaticci - new signing, brought in to take over from the aging Furlanetto, and did a fantastic job on the wing. Recieved goal of the season, for a fantastic dribble inside before unleashing a swooping shot into the opposite top corner.

Top Goalscorer - Francesco Macchi - the youth prospect I mentioned earlier, just thrown into the first team straight away, and boy did he respond

Honourable Mention - Michel Cruciani - was inspirational in every move we made, just like last season, made the step up with ease, lets hope for more of the same next season.

We further proved our domination of Serie C by following up our title success with victories in the Serie C Cup Final, and the Serie C1 Super Cup.

All in all, a fairly fantastic season

My other aim, sorting out the clubs finances, went quite well too, to a point.

We were up 120k come the end of the season, after prize money, etc..

Then the board kind of wrecked it with this. A completely unnecessary addition of seats in my opinion, putting us back to -100k, not impressed

Aims for next season:

• Don't embaress ourselves after two successive promotions.
  • Try, again, to put the club back into the black.
  • Have a cup run, if thats not pushing it too much.
  • Try very very hard to survive, as relegation might cripple us financially.

Great season there Gaz good luck next season

Just signed my first non-Italian player in the shape of Branko Bosnjak. Supposedly he has the potential to be a good Serie A keeper in the future, and is currently better than my current keeper, not that difficult tbf, but better all the same

Branko Bosnjak looks good mate

How's it going Max, any chance of you joining me in Serie B soon?

I would be if it wasn't for that hospital appointment yesterday i will be getting to serie B today

Moving on in the Spanish Cup. Beat Real Madrid in the 5th Round on penalties.

Good win against Real Rancer

7m eek i wish i had that much money

Oh Des, all you got is Porto and Sporting. Serie A and La Liga are harder leagues to win in.

Well said Rancer well said

La Liga Update

Halfway point of the year...

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team       Pts   G.D.
1st  Barca       46   +29
2nd  At. Madrid  42   +17
3rd  R. Madrid   42   +26
4th  Real Oviedo 41   +19
5th  Zaragoza    36   +20
6th  Valencia    32   +12
7th  Athletic    32   +13
[/font]

Not bad so far. Closer than ever.

EDIT: And thanks iacovone for the backup in the MLS thread. :thup::D

looks really close there mate good luck

Right I feel I need to address this "it'd be so easy with that kind of money" statement I keep reading :p

I've won Serie A and participated in the CL. When one of you guys accomplishes such feats (;)) then we'll see if you can spend £7m on a 17 year old keeper :D

(that does sound fairly ridiculous now I've typed it out!)

Serie A Update

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team       Pts   G.D.   Plyd
1st  AC Milan    71   +45    31
2nd  Roma        64   +30    31
3rd  Inter       64   +27    31
4th  Napoli      63   +40    31
5th  [b]Savona  [/b]    61   +30    30
6th  Lazio       48   +3     31
[/font]

So there's very much a 'top 5'. Inter have done incredibly well since Lombardo was sacked. New man Marco Giampaolo has yet to lose a Serie A game! Consequently they've flown back into the CL pack. Our game in hand is crucial to keep the pressure on the CL. It's going to be so tight for the remaining 7/8 games. Fortunately we have already played all the teams above us twice. Lazio (a) last game of the season is our toughest fixture in a fairly generous run in.

For anyone who wants to now the Champions league draw irl it is

Villarreal v Arsenal

Manchester United v FC Porto

Liverpool v Chelsea

Barcelona v Bayern Munich

how many times do liverpool have to play chelsea in this bloody tornament

Napoli have slipped alot there!? Did they get raided in January?

Looks like you could make it into the Champions League there mate.

Napoli have fallen away hugely and no they didn't lose anyone significant in January. I was looking at the fixtures and their good start is actually a bit deceptive. They won their first 7 games but hadn't played anyone in that top 6 I just posted. They then drew with Milan, Roma, us, Inter, lost to Lazio. I think their problem was the big games. Perhaps not enough experience of a title chase. Either way they'll need a miraculous last 7 games to nick the title from Milan. They also host Inter and go away to Juve in the last 2 games so they will have an effect on the CL places for sure.

Mon Savona \o/

For anyone who wants to now the Champions league draw irl it is

Villarreal v Arsenal

Manchester United v FC Porto

Liverpool v Chelsea

Barcelona v Bayern Munich

how many times do liverpool have to play chelsea in this bloody tornament

5 years in a row now. What a shock that Arsenal get another easy draw. Same story every year. I hate them :mad:!!

Lecce 1 -1 Savona

(Quinto)

Game of two halves really. We dominated the first and came in at the break 1 up due to a fine finish from little LW Quinto. However for whatever reason the second half was all Lecce's. They equalised with 10 to go and we couldn't find a way back in. Disappointing result.

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team       Pts     Plyd
1st  AC Milan    74     32
2nd  Napoli      66     32
3rd  Roma        64     32
4th  Inter       64     32
5th  [b]Savona  [/b]    62     31
6th  Lazio       48     32
[/font]

Savona 5-1 Catania

Quinto,Rotunno(2),Kumar,Maggio

This was our game in hand and therefore vital! Rotunno got us off to a flier, winning a 50 50 header with the keeper and putting us 1 up. Little Quinto then got to the byline, beat his full back ran at the near post and somehow squeezed the ball between post and keeper for 2-0. It was beginning to look like a rout after 36 minutes when Rotunno powered in a Blixt pass to make it 3-0 at half time. We were coasting til 68 minutes when Garcia boomed one in from 30 yards off the post. Surely just a lucky strike? And that it was. Maggio picked the ball up on the right in a counter attack, found sub Ricki Kumar on the edge of the box. He turned his man and slotted in the bottom left corner to seal the win. Maggio then inflicted further pain on Catania fans by scoring a peach of a free kick. 5-1 FT.

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team       Pts     Plyd
1st  AC Milan    74     32
2nd  Napoli      66     32
3rd  [b]Savona      [/b]65     32
4th  Roma        64     32
5th  Inter       64     32
6th  Lazio       48     32[/font]

Archived