JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with 2 group games to go in the Uefa Cup we're 3rd in our group. Results so far:

Rennes 0 - 1 Savona

Savona 0 - 1 Shaktar

Savona 5 - 1 Mattersburg

Savona 0 - 1 Rennes

Shaktar ? - ? Savona

Mattersburg ? - ? Savona

We sit 1 point behind Shaktar so needless to say we have to get something in Ukraine to have a chance of qualifying! Its been fun nonetheless though :D

iacovone's End of Season Report - Savona 2018/19:

I'm going to do a fairly condensed report as the activity in the thread is low!

We were expected to go back up to Serie A this year, and I'm pleased to say we did just that. I decided to stick with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 that had sent us down, determined that it could work long-term. First half of the season could have been better in the league as we struggled to get a consistent run of form going. This was partly down to the other competitions we were competing in though. Our Uefa cup adventure was fun, and we nearly qualified from the group stage. The Italian Cup was also interesting but we dropped out admirably to Inter at the San Siro in the 1st Round.

Once the cup competitions were out of the way we went on some magnificent unbeaten runs in the league (including a 23 game run that culminated in promotion). The only disappointing element was the lack of victories in this run. It was because of this that we finished 2nd in the league, just a few points behind Atalanta.

The Key Men:

Riccardo Rotunno - Turning into a club legend in all honesty. Still so young, but easily our best striker. Averaging a goal every other game.

Michal Rezak - Our star performer and fans player of the year this season, played virtually every game too. Came in to give some experience and did well. Still its suprising that our top average rating was so low for a promoted team.

Marco Erba - Been at the club for 7 seasons now and could have become a legend. Instead he has become a troublesome scourge on morale in the camp. Club captain as well!! He is now transfer listed by request and a lot of team members are pleased by this. Shame but he had to leave and is heading to Glasgow to play for Rangers.

Tommaso Cilona - The revelation of the season, had to come in at DM and secured his place there. Solid, reliable and extremely talented. Big fan of this kid.

Marco Antonio - The first top quality keeper we've had at the club and he was an integral part of the promotion team. Played every game but one. Some Turkish competition coming in soon though.

Valerio Ottaviani - Signed in January for his size and strength. Offered something different up top and rewarded us with a good haul of goals.

Lorenzo De Martis - Another good year for the versatile defender. Played as the left sided 3rd CB in our 3-5-2 formation.

Diego - Great final half of the season from the misfit. I struggled to fit him in most of the season but come January he slotted in behind the forwards, found his form and scored goal of the season from 40 yards! Going back to Brazil next season.

Emanuele Crippa - Such a disappointment. When I signed him in Serie A I expected him to go and form a fantastic partnership with Erba. But it wasn't to be, he has let me down, lost confidence in me and will be leaving in the summer. Shame.

The Rest:

Finances

Stats

League

Graph

Info

Records

Best XI

Best Ever XI

The Plans:

- The only plan is survival, we failed at it last time but we have to stay up this time, I can't take another 42 game league season!

- Having said that I'd love a new stadium :D

Cheers guys, just had the most ridiculous summer at Savona. Shipped out every single idiot that had lost confidence in me or disliked other players (Erba, Crippa, Damiani, Tervo, Antonelli) and spent bucketloads on some superb players. Very excited for the new season and have decided to revert to 4-4-2 once again. Need some stability first year back. Also got a youth player through called Fabio Cola who is touted as potentially a leading Serie A RB :).

who would you reccomend out of portugal, italy or germany guys? would like to try this challenge for the first time:thup:

Try Germany. Des and max are in Portugal and iacovone is in Italy. rlipscombe and I are at Real Oviedo in Spain. I don't think many people tried Germany, so maybe start there. :p

just started the holidaying for Germany myself (before reading the last few replies :p), although chances are it'll take me till 2500-01 to even hope of being in the Bundesliga :lol:,will still give it a shot though :p, and just for the realisim, i might "pretend" to be German for the save :p

just got through the holiday, and, after a long time of searching, couldn't find any of the clubs in div 3 in the payable teams list, so worked out which teams had come up by myself, they were Verl, Lubeck, and Reutlingen. I decided to go with Verl as they had the lowest media prediction of 20th.

initial Manager Screenshot

`

and so i am about to start a managerial carerr of phail most likely :p

Unfortunately, as of yet i cannot see the rewards... then again, i'm only in september of 2009-10 :p, and couldn't have asked for a tougher start, played 6 games, W-0 D-3 L-3, currently last and need some better form to come from nowhere, doesn't help that i had no staff to begin with, had to sign them all up as well as a few players (after getting a scout), i'm going to stick with it though, hopefully we'll pull ourseves up from the bottom and get a safer position (even if that is 17th :p)

JUst entered November, and still nothing, wel, other than a 5 match losing streak :(, although i have a huge bunch of players ready for use during the January transfer window, would have been using them now, but can't make then eligable until January, so will have to put up with the carp results for now, and look after the bottom spot, avioding reegation will become a challenge in itself i think :)

JUst entered November, and still nothing, wel, other than a 5 match losing streak :(, although i have a huge bunch of players ready for use during the January transfer window, would have been using them now, but can't make then eligable until January, so will have to put up with the carp results for now, and look after the bottom spot, avioding reegation will become a challenge in itself i think :)

Well, it's a marathon, not a sprint. At least you have nowhere to go but up. :D

Real Oviedo still staying around the promotion spots in January...

Hey guys haven't played my Kassell save or posted here in a while, but need something to do so gonna continue with it.

LordMeister I'm doing Germany as well, bloody hard. Just reached the winter break and 2nd from bottom. Haven't had the sack though so guess you were just unlucky.

Archived