JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

i can't remember the exact ins and outs but it basically turns into 2-legged play-offs between teams from the 4 second divisions.... there's around three rounds before 4 teams are promoted...

That's a lot of football... :o

Hope I survive all that. :D

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately my FM09 has been tempermental today, having not opened successfully since the Offenbach win, atfer an attempted 6 times opening it and it freezing, i gave up for the day, so i'll be continuing tomorrow hopefully, and as the Offenbach game was predicted to go against us, there'll hopefully be a few more points coming our way, i won't get overy confident though :p

2010-2011 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 2)

Media Prediction: 12th

Finishing Position: 2nd

Spanish Cup: N/A

Spanish Federation Cup: lost in 2nd Round (not that I cared :p)

*Special Playoff Section*

Ok, Real Oviedo qualified into the playoffs after their strong 2nd place finish in the league. The first phrase was a lot easier, but I don't mind trying to get promoted through this path. Don't mind the extra match practice lol.

1st Round: Girona

1st leg

I thought we were doomed...

2nd leg

Apparently not! We dominated!!!

2nd Round: Castellon

1st leg

Dominant win. Now the tricky away leg...

2nd leg

Just hung on. We did lose a couple key players to internationals that game. One more round...

3rd Round: Cordoba

1st leg

A tricky game. We could have been destroyed...

2nd leg

PROMOTION!!! There was some luck in this match. But I'm proud of the lads. I was so excited when we got that lucky break.

Squad

Squad

Squad knows how to create offense. :D

Transfers

Transfers

Future Transfers

Also trying to sign a young left back from Messina.

Key Players

All the players who scored over 10 goals. :p

ST - Alvaro

ST - Ogude

ST - Ramon Barrero

DM/MC - Andrea Paolucci

DM/MC - Enric Maureta

Finances

Finances

Club Information

Overview

Stadium/Facilties

Goals for the next year

• survive
  • stay in top 18 in Liga adelante would be nice
  • US$15 million? :D

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      11th  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       2nd  Promotion[/font]

I decided to join in with Real Oviedo (mainly due to money and Stadium)

Real Oviedo seems to be the popular choice now. :D

The media said I was rumoured to be signing a Chinese player.

Chen Yanjun

It might be true now. :D

Got competition from Taranto and Pescara though.

EDIT: Yup he's part of my team now. :D

I'm trying to get Ogude off Udinese on loan with a future fee because I don't have the money just yet. He'd be such a good target man.

I got him on a Bosman free. Really pleased with my 3-headed monster. :)

And you will have the money soon. Nothing to worry. :D (well, if you're smart with your resources like me...I did get $400k in gate receipts per home game.:D)

Should I pay 95k with 375k as a future fee for Ogude or should I just try get him on a regular loan and sign him next season?

Well, Udinese let me get him for free, but not sure if he will be free in every game...the money isn't the problem. There are no money issues at Real Oviedo (well for me anyways...I'm cheap lol) so I guess the former would be insurance that you get Ogude. (relatively low cost for a potentially high reward)

He isn't free for me :(

I'm just gonna loan him for free and sign him next season.

How crazy are the Spanish trialists? I scouted the players and almost all of them were sign at any cost. I know a lot of people bid on them but if I can get 1 or 2 of them I'd be very happy.

EDIT: He doesn't want to join on a regular loan so I'm gonna have to add a future fee to get him.

that just then was one hell of a match, after beating Elvensburg 3-0, we went up against league favourites Eintract. Who happened to be 20th, so i was hopful of a good result, but also concerned of a sudden improvemewnty in Eintract form. 20minutes gone, we were 2-0 up, 30minutes, 2-2, half time 3-3, 70th minute 3-4, FT 4-4, the last goal coming from an Eintract payer scoring an own goal :O, so after 4 games we sit in an impressive 4th place :)

My January Update

I'm looking very strong in the league. At the start of the year I chose top half finish as how I expected to do in the league but I've proven myself wrong. Here is the League Table.

My success has mainly been due to the wonderful performances of 3 players. They are Jorge Rodriguez, Mascio and Ogude.

Here are the Spanish Second Division B1 Player Stats after 19 games.

And here are my transfers so far.

Hopefully I can maintain my league position and get promoted. I'll post another update at the end of the season.

Well guys haven't updated in a while, good to see a number of new members :thup:

Finished my 11th season at the helm - the 2019/20 season. Sadly I don't have many screenshots to backup a mini-report so I'll just tell you how we did. After a sluggish start, the best team I've assembled at Savona found their stride and notched up a fantastic 5th placed finish. Remarkable given we'd just been promoted last year. The top 4 are far stronger at the moment so it will take a while to knock them off their perch but for now we're an established top flight side. And have another European adventure to head on!

Key men were Riccardo Rotunno, who set a club record 18 league goals in a season and new goalkeeper Giordano Liguori who was immense in net for us. We have a couple of wonderkids at the club now - Tommaso Cilona (DM), Mehran Zahedi (RB/CB) and Rotunno (ST). If we can keep them for a couple of years they could be epic for us.

No new stadium yet and no more improvements to the youth and training facilities are possible. We have a couple of good prospects coming in through the ranks, most notably Carmelo Pinelli and Emanuele Sbarra. Keep an eye out for those names in future reports.

So overall it was a great season. The new season has not begun quite so well, which was to be expected I think. We have a lot of fixture congestion with the Uefa Cup added in there too but with a narrow win over St Mirren, we made it to the group stages, amongst Brondby, Zenit and Feyenoord. We have won 2 and drawn 1 so far.

I'll try and post a better update for the next one :thup:

January Update

League position: 14th - Current League table

made three signings, two internationals, and a second division defender:

Epureanu

Ferhatovic

Müller

Player stats

been a tough first half of season, athough we managed a draw against Berghausen second time round, after the first game loss to them in August. Problem being, we always seem to have to pull back from a goal or two down to win/draw :/

I'm worried I'm gonna lose Jorge Rodriguez because he isn't signing a new contract. Hopefully if I get promoted he'll sign for me. I have great back up though. I signed a regen trialist name Ivan Nieto who has loads of potential and is currently one of the best players at the club. I managed to get Mascio to sign a contract til 2014 which is great because he makes a massive difference to my midfield. The difference is very noticeable when he's off on international duty.

Assists, goals and Avg Rating a Triple, Triple :p

Like last year was renamed the JoseRR's Small Como Club Challenge.

I think it should be named the "Poor clubs who used to be great, still have the facilities, but can you improve them Challenge" seems everyone except me loves money and facilities, I always end up starting with a club who are broke with a small stadium :p Domegliara & Fafe for life :)

Well Kiel aren't richest club ever, had a transfer budget of 10k :p

got this just before end of season

end of contract message

thankfully i've sorted a new deal with thm now till 2012

End of season Update

Final League position: 9th: End of season 1 league table

somehow managed to hammer Dresden who went on to win the league the game after. Unfortunately we couldn't do the same to Erfurt on the last day to go 6th/7th

Player stats

Made one signing so far, a released player from Mainz: Timo Allofs, he'll be in U19's for now as he isn't up the current standard pof Lartey and Hoffmann just yet, but scouts say he has potential to be much better than them in future

Pleased to have survived a whole season with the team this time round, hopefully we can keep up the good form of the seacond half of this season and take it even further next season :)

well done Lordmeister - great improvement on previous season, and the first half of season for that matter... hopefully you can keep it up into next season.

Des - you always like a difficult ride don't you... ;) personally, i'd rename it "JoseRR's let's play the same game as rlipscombe' European Challenge"... ;):D

How about the "JoseRR's let's play Rlips game, but watch out for that Des Tiny he can make the small birds big Challenge"

I always like a bit more of a challenge, though financially in the top division it does really hurt, I was almost tempted to sell anyone who would go for whatever price I could get (probably end up with 30m in the bank doing this) and then rebuild the team, but am worried I would end up relegated following such a risky move. I do love my slow and steady rise through the Liga Sagres, my main aim now is to cement 4th spot before I push towards the top and try to break the Sporting, Benfica, Porto stranglehold on Portuguese Football (Once I get my PC back:()

Yeah I'd like to do that too but I'm still new to lower league management so I'm only gradually making the move down. In FM08 all I did was play with big clubs and occasionally Championship clubs and it got really boring because it was just way too easy. In my Chelsea game all I did was go the season undefeated and collect all the cups. I'd much prefer to do that with a team I built from scratch because I can take all the credit for it :) Managing lower league teams and taking them to the top really is the only way to play the game.

Archived