JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, OTF is the answer to that one. :rolleyes: I guess it's pretty sad really but it could be much worse I guess.

Anyway, good to kind of catch up. I might join you in here sometime soon. I've struggled to get into the new game thus far but I've 2GB of new RAM on my Amazon wishlist for when I get paid in a couple of weeks so a faster running game might be the cause of some inspiration. The game runs pretty slowly on my computer currently which is kind of holding me back doing much but hopefully I can get going with a long term save soon.

Aaaaaand I'm back! :D

I chose the first team I came across because I loved their name - Pro Belvedere Vercelli - beautiful :thup:

Wish me luck as I take my first steps towards the long journey to Champions of Europe :D

EDIT: Should have added that they were founded in 1912 and play at the Silvio Piola. Their ground is on the outskirts of Vercelli - a town located just east of Milan. The name leads me to suggest that there is a history of vodka distilliaries knocking about in Vercelli but that can neither be confirmed nor denied...;)

Welcome Back Iacovone, good to see you back in this challenge. I currently have two games running. AD Fafe in Portugal, 3 seasons stuck in the bottom division. Season finishes of 3rd, 4th & 1st. Promotion Stage finishes of 2nd, 2nd & 2nd...yes I know i just needed 1 more win in two of those seasons to crack the next division, but I have that game on hold right now for a play in Germany as Vfb Lubeck.

Wow, I've missed a fair bit over the past few days, Rlipscombe you have got a wonderful squad there and i reckon Rodriguez will definetly be an integral part of your promostion plans. Good so see you back Iacovone, I enjoyed reading your story last year, all the best for FM09!

August 1st 2012

Tiny's Log

Well it was an interesting visit in Germany to say the least, Lubeck look like they may be a team for the future, and I enjoyed my period as caretaker manager for their pre-season. I just can't see myself being able to ever settle in Germany, the fans remind me too much of those fickle bunch of rioters from back in my Gateshead days. After every victory there were riots in the streets followed by a sell-out crowd the next week, after every loss there was a riot in the street with a burning effigy of myself on every street corner.

The trip home to Fafe was uneventful, though I did stop off in Spain for a look at a few players that Wilson Nunes and Elisio Grilo had suggested I have a glance at. The best possibilities being Jon San Jose, a Basque centre-right midfielder, who at only nineteen appears like he may already be able to rip up the Portuguese Divisions. Then there was Angel (Gutierrez Pichardo), at 23 he is able to play in both attack and defensive rolls in midfield, but he is not quite as good as the current crop so I didn't offer him a contract.

As I got home the club was preparing to face Imortal, our feeder club, in a friendly game, I jumped on the bus as the team headed off, I was ready for my first real chance to see some of our new names in action. In particular I wanted to see how our new attacking line went with Moreno in at AMC, and the new striking pair of Suanes & Garcia. The new international look to our side was looking to pay off. My chosen starting line-up featured six Portuguese players, two Spainards, two Venezulans and a Frenchman. We got to the ground and I sent the boys out expecting a win following a poor start in the friendlies under my Assistant Manager. Our current 1-1-1 record was just unacceptable to me.

The game started well as Garcia capitalised on a simple mistake from their defense to score in the 4th minute, our squad was dominating completely by the time Moreno got chopped on the edge of the box, this allowed Kipulo to sink the penalty and lead us into the break at 2-0. I told the boys I was pleased and made a couple of changes for fitness. It took a determined effort by them all to withstand the early second half pressure, but by the 65th minute the game was over as a contest with the opposition tiring quickly, so I sent some more substitutes onto the park just before Garcia got his second off a beautiful cross. And then with just 7 minutes remaining Ruben made it beyond doubt with a stunning Free-kick crossing the line in the top left corner. I was absolutely delighted to have seen this display and told the boys my thoughts.

We went home on the bus very happy, being trailled the whole way by a convoy of fans and supporters who managed to double the crowd to 155, with about 80 supporters having travelled with us, I was looking forward to a good amount of support this season.

All around a great return to AD Fafe I must say.

Til next entry this is Des Tiny saying "A week is a long time in Football"

Nice to see you too rlipscombe :)

How is your file going? Who are you?

(I know I could read through the thread but you're online now and I'm sure you'd love to do a quick recap for me ;))

sorry i didn't reply last night... by time looked again on the forum it was after 11pm and the missus was asleep so i didn't want to type and wake her up..... :rolleyes:

As for my 'career' so far, started out with Red Star 93 in france. good little club, i was going ok first season in mid-table. i hadn't totally become 'attached' to the game though. When i saw Real Oviedo were eligible for the challenge (i had a good save with them a few years ago) i felt that i wanted to take them back to past glories. It is, on paper, probably the 'easiest' of the Spanish challenges, but it will still be tough once i make a bit of progress i think. i probably have an advantage the first few seasons, with good crowds and steady profits being made, but it will even itself out once we reach the higher leagues.

I see alot of similarities between Oviedo and Como, and i'm thinking i will enjoy this challenge game a lot. The only downside is that the game is running pretty slow at the moment due to a 'not very good' processor. this is holding me back from making progress like Des. i will be looking to fix this in the next few weeks.

As for Pro Belvedere, good luck with it. looking forward to seeing your progress in the challenge. :thup:

i wanted kipulo but when i went to aproach hime it said there is atransfer embargo enforced by the board you cant sign this player but i can sign payers of the free agent market so its a bit weird but i found a good attacking fullback and i will look to sign kipulo either in the next widow or this one if the embargo is lifted by then i found a couple of good players i have signed for this level which i will post screenshots of in my re season update

so how is every ones games going then.

Max

Nice update Des - is that where we stand now? Updates for every game :p ?

rlipscombe - Oviedo sound like a great challenge, and to be honest sound like Como mk:II! Good luck with it :thup:

max and pluckaduck - thanks, how are your games going? Who are you?

Has anyone braved Italy after the discovery of that bug? I holidayed through and it worked fine, I'm approaching it now whilst in charge of Pro Belvedere so fingers crossed it goes again!

Iacovone im also managing Ad Fafe in portugal and im about to play my first of eleven freindlies against san marino outfit cailungo however i did have a save in italy and it didn't affect me so you should be all right hopefully good luck with Belvedere

good luck with the bug. hopefully it'll be fine! As for Oviedo, it is a good challenge i think. i like taking teams that have been at the top level back - remember Como in Serie A about 10 years ago and now the same with Real Oviedo.

speaking of Oviedo, we're at the end of October now and we're currently 3rd, a few points off Cultural Leonesa at the top. Jorge Rodriguez has hit 6 goals in 9 appearances, but it still a little hot and cold. when he has a bad game, he has a BAD game!! We're currently making a profit of around £100k a month, thanks mainly to the 13,500+ crowds we get every home game :D

Des, With regards to my processor, i'm the same. i think the processor is fine but i too need more RAM. might have to treat myself to a christmas present!! it's the games that take the longest for me. about 10 minutes on fastest speed on commentary only... :( i also need more memory as i've had to strip off most of my graphics for now as that was causing problems. got them all on disc to copy back though!!

good luck Richard if you keep that up your be challenging fo the title good luck

cheers. i think we may be there or thereabouts but i'm not sure whether we'll make it this season. we can be very hit and miss sometimes, and i can't explain it. we were on a 5 match unbeaten run last night before getting hammered 3-1. and the scoreline was flattering too.

The fact that in Spain you're limited to 22 players is also a minor hinderance which makes it a little tougher. I'm someone who normally has BIG squads but i can't do that here. I have to find a real balance in order to ensure i have cover in all positions. I might soon have the money to spend, but i will be restricted as to where i can spend it!! :rolleyes::D

Iacavone - That was just a special update on my move back to Portugal, but I have been doing some rather indepth updates with this game, and considering I did three seasons in the first week after I got the game and haven't done one since its kinda funny, but with me now being in the busiest fortnight of the year at work I am just playing a little each night, unless like tonight when I just can't bloody sleep...

I'm building quite a decent side (I think) here at Pro Belvedere. Just coming into August and first friendly is on the way - a tour to San Marino - before the Serie C Cup kicks off. Really enjoying this file so far and I'm only a month in!! Screenshots will probably arrive shortly to give you guys an idea of who I've bought etc.

Also the bug avoided me!! Hurrah! :)

Thanks max but I like to stick to my own scouting :p

He does look quality though - unobtainable though.

Just had a player sign for me stating that he was excited at the prospect of moving his family to a more metropolitan area! Its the little touches...:)

that's a great little touch to the game... what it means though is that "his family are happy to be moving into a house instead of a barn and having things to do of an evening rather than breeding with each other!!" :D

looking forward to the screenshots....

that's a great little touch to the game... what it means though is that "his family are happy to be moving into a house instead of a barn and having things to do of an evening rather than breeding with each other!!" :D

looking forward to the screenshots....

That made me chuckle :D

Erm its started well. Just playing 2nd friendly after winning the first 3-1. Something odd - I have an assistant manager but in these friendlies I can't use him! No advice or option to ask him for recommended team talk. Is there an explanation for this?

Erm its started well. Just playing 2nd friendly after winning the first 3-1. Something odd - I have an assistant manager but in these friendlies I can't use him! No advice or option to ask him for recommended team talk. Is there an explanation for this?

don't know about that... is it something to do with Manager options?? not seen that happen myself...

Hmmm. Well I thought it was because he was my only coach and was set to run the ressies and under19s but that didn't do the trick. This is very frustrating - I really do need my assistant!! I'm gonna try and sign another coach to see if that solves the problem.

Hmmm. Well I thought it was because he was my only coach and was set to run the ressies and under19s but that didn't do the trick. This is very frustrating - I really do need my assistant!! I'm gonna try and sign another coach to see if that solves the problem.

sounds a bit strange... maybe he can't communicate so he can't do them?? ;) maybe you need a new Assistant.....

Frustrating stuff. I think I'm just going to have to stick with it and fly this ship solo :D

I think I'll be ok but eventually I'm gonna have to replace Mr Mute. Shame it costs me 10k to do so, maybe I can last a season without his advice

Frustrating stuff. I think I'm just going to have to stick with it and fly this ship solo :D

I think I'll be ok but eventually I'm gonna have to replace Mr Mute. Shame it costs me 10k to do so, maybe I can last a season without his advice

you'll have to see how you go. if you're struggling you might have to bite the bullet and get rid, as his lack of communication could affect your chances of survival.... see how you get on.

Pro Belvedere Pre-Season Squad Screenshots

Eder Ceccon - A very very useful Brazilian forward who I think will really get a lot of goals this year.

Andrea Cornacchini - Someone I picked up for 0k and possibly a great bargain. Has a lot of potential as well as plenty of ability for now!

Loris Damonte - Highly skilled winger on loan from parent club Genoa.

Alessio De Bode - Another loanee from Genoa and a talented full back.

Diego Polenta - Highest rated player in my squad. A promising centre back with few weaknesses again on loan from Genoa.

So there are my key players for this upcoming season, I am predicted to finish bottom but am actually very confident with this squad, I don't actually have any real weaknesses through the team and am playing a cautious tight 4-4-2.

you've got some good players there. really like the look of Cornacchini - he could well score alot of goals for you, even now. Eder will be a good foil for him. Damonte looks a good winger and should get plenty of assists.

with those players i'm looking for a successful season! ;) good luck.

cecon looks decent for the level shame about his composure though

Cornacchi looks a great signing he should bag in the goals

damonte lookslike a good winger and will hopefully whip in some crosses for the strikers

good luck Iacovone

Archived