JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Messina - March 2010 - Serie C2C

League Table 25/34 games played

9 games to go in the league and it looks like I'm fairly assured of a playoff spot, but its going to be a battle to overhaul Barletta. The leaders have won 1-0 in their last 3 games whilst I've had two 3-0 home wins and a 2-1 away win.

Still have to play the leaders at their ground - that could be crucial to my chances of the title!

If I was in Serie C2 A or B at the moment, I would be 4 points clear at the top with my points haul! :(

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance gone. Starting to prepare for life in Serie B next season. I'm still pleased with how it's gone so far to be honest. Priorities for next season is to sort out my strike force and goalkeeper, and then just to try and improve generally and replace subs with U-21s to free up space to bring in the best available as first-teamers no matter what their age.

Just a quick question, what do you guys do when you can't get into your save? I just can't seem to play more than 4 days at a time with Casale at the moment :(

If I want to get into it I just plough on until I start to care about the players, other than that I don't know. Sometimes I just have to leave it, try something else and come back a bit later.

In further news. I've got to stop making predictions. I'm now 3 points off 6th with 5 games to go. Sitting in 9th so really need some favours from the teams above me and have a couple of really tricky away games to contend with. I'm not expecting to get there, but it is possible again. An exciting season. I am now mathematically safe from relegation so even the slim chances of relegation are gone. Whatever happens I'd say it has been a decent season's performance.

EDIT - The calculations I'm partaking of at the moment are driving me insane. 6th take on 8th in the next game a draw would be great!

Just completing pre-season at Real S.D. Alcalá. We have decent facilities including an 8000 seater stadium. Playing and coaching staff were poor but freebies and loanees from Atlético Madrid who were already a parent club when I took over, have filled the team.

Friendlies have been ok with a couple of wins and a few losses as the team is thrown together. We're predicted 18th and the bookies have us as 500-1 to win the league so not the worst. I'll be aiming for 15th i.e. just above the relegation spots and the relegation playoff berth.

9 games to go in the league and it looks like I'm fairly assured of a playoff spot' date=' but its going to be a battle to overhaul Barletta. The leaders have won 1-0 in their last 3 games whilst I've had two 3-0 home wins and a 2-1 away win.

Still have to play the leaders at their ground - that could be crucial to my chances of the title!

If I was in Serie C2 A or B at the moment, I would be 4 points clear at the top with my points haul! :([/quote']

The differences between games are amazing. In my first season the teams promoted were Domegliara and Aversa Normanna and Messina were in the playout positions.

Right in the continuing soap-opera that is my season. I now have 4 games left. I won my last game, but the draw between 6th and 8th didn't materialise with 6th (Chievo) winning. The result of that meant that I am now in 7th. 3 points behind 6th. The sorting is by results between teams first (we've both won one in the head-to-heads so far) and then by goal difference (there's is +13, mine is +7) then by goals scored (them 56, me 61) so at the moment I need get 4 more points than them or make up 6 goals in goal difference to sneak into the play-offs. It is tough. I have one home game against a team at the bottom, then consecutive away games against 2nd and 5th, so it is looking like an uphill battle. But I've yet to give up.

Come on you Domes! Forza il Nuovi Rossoneri!

yababo - Congrats on promotion, very well done.

rlipscombe - I wish I could get through 3 seasons that fast. But last weekend was a long one as Monday was a holliday. Now I'm back to normal work-weeks, so not as much time. I might be able to get through 1 season this weekend, and hopefully get into Europe this time.

rancer890 - Well done beating Barcelona in the league. I smell a new champion of Spain next season. Good luck.

daemonic - Great to see you here aswell, good luck!

d-machine - I havent really had a problem with motivation yet. I did grow tired of Romania and Croatia though, but that was mostly cause I saw no real progress. Money was to tight even when winning the league. France has more money, more reputation, more potential of actually making a big club. As does all nations in this challenge I feel.

PRDH - Good luck on the run in. Great season whichever way it goes.

I'm getting close to the season start myself. Got rid of a load of players who I felt hadnt improved much. And got only a few in so far. Will post some transfers once I'm completely done. But I will mention that Marek Sapara decided to sign a new contract. Two more years at £17,5k a week makes him my best payed player, but he's proven his worth so I'm happy. I got some problems with squad harmony though as 18 of 21 players are wanted and alot of them want to move.

The number of players being released after their contracts ran out this season was pretty amazing tbh. Puyol, Cordoba, Drogba, Breno, Kroos, Klose, and many more were released by their clubs upon completion of their contracts :confused: None of them wanted to join Leipzig though :(

Helped myself to free signings of Bendtner, Levan Kenia, Nakamura and Martin Laursen(pitiably slow now) though :cool: Still 2 weeks left in the transfer window, so looking to make some strengthening to the squad.

**End of Season Update - Domegliara - Serie B - 2011/12 - Season 3**

League

Well we arrived in Serie B after consecutive promotions and were expected by most in the media to head back down again despite our transfers. With the media prediction for the team being 22nd - rock bottom. And the first few games implied that it would be a season of struggle. However, we pulled it round and spent the rest of the season hovering between 10th and 7th, never quite making it into a play-off place, but never really falling out of contention. In the end the team couldn't quite get the results at the end of the season and we finished 8th. A pretty good first season in Serie B, I'm hopeful we can challenge more next season, and maybe reach the big time. The squad as a whole played well, but I think it's the strike force that really needs improving.

Fairly weak performance in the can we play you every week with the only real contender being Ravenna who we beat twice, but not convincingly.

Players of the season

Casisa - we're getting to know this chap fairly well. He's still captain, he's still first choice in the centre of the park, and he's still putting in big performances.

Guzman - brought in during the summer on a free to play on the left-wing and did very well. He broke the record for assists in the season, the record being previously held by Raffaello.

Martucci - brought in on loan at the start of the season, had an excellent season on the right, keeping youngster Novello (see earlier post) out of the team. Impressed me so much he is joining on a free transfer in the summer.

Ceccarelli - defender brought in last season but didn't really get a chance until this season, and he performed excellently.

Cup

Slightly better performance. Reached the fourth qualifying round.

Aims for Next Season

With some new players coming in already (they're a secret for now!) I've got to be looking to kick on and push for at least the play-offs.

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!
2010/11			Serie C1/B		1st				Champions!
2011/12			Serie B			8th				

Domegliara Trophy Cabinet

Serie C2/C - 2009/10

Serie C2 Super Cup - 2010

Serie C1/B - 2010/11

Serie C1 Super Cup - 2011

Exciting news.

Firstly - The board have announced the building of a new stadium! It will have a capacity of 17886, undersoil heating, and will take just over a year to build. It seems it will be called the Domegliara Stadium. Oh ,and they've taken out a £20.5 million loan to finance it. £230K/month for 15 years! This is the first time I've ever had a new stadium built!

Secondly - My chairman will listen to offers for the club. Could this trigger a takeover bid from a billionaire. I hope so. I'd like to actually have money to spend!

FC Mulhouse Preseason 2014/2015

Players In (Transfer History)

Luigi Roselli - Midfielder, deal made in January. Was gonna replace Sapara, but he'll be playing next to Svensson with Sapara infront of them now.

Mustapha Soltani - With N'Daw leaving we needed a good left-back. Hopefully this guy will be worth the record breaking transfer fee.

Manuel Paiva - Would have said "hot prospect", but since we let 3 central defenders go (Deaux, N'Diaye and Ouasfane) he'll have to take the step up already.

Juan Manuel Egana - Versatile midfielder, good prospect.

Oleg Denev - Hot prospect defender, been following him for a few seasons.

Guillaume Duboc - Hot prospect attacker, and french.

Eric Leboucher - Hot prospect versatile player, and french.

Jaume Ezquerro - Hot prospect goalkeeper.

Kim Povlsen - Hot prospect striker.

Laurent Doumbia - Hot prospect midfielder.

Magnus Strömberg - Promising midfielder. Same type as his countryman Svensson.

So we didnt really strenghten the squad much. Mostly prospects. But we kept most of the first eleven from last year, and those players have become better in training aswell. Still have some money to spend if needed. Might use it in January if Paiva dont cut it in defense or my strikers once again refuse to score goals. To put my transfers into perspective. Lyon spent £19m, PSG £16m, Bordeaux £13m and Marseille actually didnt spend a penny. A bit surprised at Marseille, they lost several very good squad players on free in the summer and got a very tiny squad now. Still they have started with 3-1-0 the first 4 so I guess it shows their quality.

So far we've played 4 games in the league and got a 3-0-1 record. We barely beat FC Gueugnon away 1-0, with Costil (our goalie) beeing MoM. FC Istres was hammered 3-0 at our ground (although the game was even). Olympique Lyonnais beat the crap out of us away 3-0, although it was really another even game. They bought Dentinho now, he scored one and supllied Benzema with another. And the last game we won 1-0 at home over Bordeaux. Yep, finally beat one of the top 5. And we where extremely lucky to do so. Shots where 25-9 in their favour and Costil once again got MoM with a 8.2 performance. Great start to the season, but we've not impressed in any game. And our strikers have not scored a single goal.

Youth product

My assistant says he thinks Jean-Marc Brousse has the potential to become one of the most gifted players to come through our youth ranks in recent years. Now, considering the quality that's been coming through our youth ranks in recent years, he might be comeplete crap. But he looks good for a 14 year old I think, so I'll watch him a bit.

PRDH - Grats on the new stadium.

*edit*

Forgot to mention. My Chairman let another board member take over. Nothing exciting, which is why I forgot to mention it I guess. The new guy told me there'd be no cash injections at this point in time. So nothing really changed. My job security is still secure.

Ohanzee - Thanks. As a result of my new stadium and the loan my wage budget has fallen from 32K/week to 23/week. This means that with my new free transfers I'm 11K over it, rather than 2K. So I have no money to sign players to replace those that have gone. It means it's looking as though my squad will be very good, but very thin.

It's looking as if my chairman is just going to step aside too. So no hope of being saved that way. This season could be a struggle financially!

9 games to go in the league and it looks like I'm fairly assured of a playoff spot' date=' but its going to be a battle to overhaul Barletta. The leaders have won 1-0 in their last 3 games whilst I've had two 3-0 home wins and a 2-1 away win.

If I was in Serie C2 A or B at the moment, I would be 4 points clear at the top with my points haul! :([/quote']

4 games to go!

Now 3 points behind Barletta with 4 games to go - we had a frustrating 0-0 at their place after they went to 10 men.

We've both started to stutter, on my part because 2 of my most crucial attacking players - Montesin (my leading assister) and Abate (my leading goalscorer) have both been ruled out for the rest of the season with injuries.

Big question - when they say results between teams is the first deciding factor for teams level on points, does anyone know if that includes away goals as well??

Messina 1 - 1 Barletta

Barletta 0 - 0 Messina

The run in for our 2 sides:

Barletta 63pts +28GD       Messina  60pts +24GD

Away  10th place           Home  16th place

Home   3rd place           Away   5th place

Home   6th place           Away  14th place

Away  12th place           Home  11th place

They may have marginally the more difficult run in, but my game away to Brindisi won't be easy.

Just to make things a bit spicier, the team I'm playing on the last day of the season, this is what the scoreline was at their place earlier in the season:

Catanzaro v Messina - Jan 2010

Could be their perfect opportunity for revenge!

On the plus side, playoff spot and finishing 2nd is 99% secured, 9 points clear of 3rd with 4 games left.

Season has started like last one for me. We're winning the games we deserve to lose and draw or lose the few ones we really deserve to win. Beat Marseille 2-0 at home, should have been a draw at most looking at what happened on the pitch. Then go away to Racing Club de Lens (who are dead last in the league) and completely play them off the field, but only manage a 1-1 draw. Pulling the hair out of my head again. This is why I never ever watch games in neither 2D nor 3D view any more. :rolleyes:

Anyways, we're winning and drawing most close games so far and are sitting in 3rd spot with a 9-2-2 record after 13 games. And we did beat Marseille after all, that's another big landmark. :)

Big question - when they say results between teams is the first deciding factor for teams level on points' date=' does anyone know if that includes away goals as well??

Messina 1 - 1 Barletta

Barletta 0 - 0 Messina[/quote']

I don't think it includes away goals, I am trying to remember back to 2008 when I played in Italy, and I believe it is just on results, though a draw away was better than a draw at home :p So early in the season after only having played them once drawn away from home you would be ahead.

Introducing this seasons new Domegliara stars. . .

First up is Claudio Di Mauro - a young attacking mifielder brought to the club from Treviso in part exchange for an aging centre back. He looks very good to me, good be a key player for years to come, once he gets over the injury he picked up two days into life at his new club.

Next to be introduced to the fans is Abdelkader Ghezzal - brought in on a free transfer from Siena. Hopefully he will score the goals that will see Domegliara head to the top of Serie B.

The third to be unveiled in front of the Domes' faithful fans is Nicola Legrottaglie - he may be old and have a girls name but his experience and ability at the back must surely be an asset to the up-and-coming team. He arrives on a free from Livorno. He endeared himself to the hardcore with two goals on his debut in the Italian Cup second qualifying round.

The fourth player through the doors is another veteran - Cristiano Lupatelli arrives on a free from Nice. He is again perhaps a bit old but at 33 he has a few years left at the top and is an excellent 'keeper for Serie B. He is also said to be delighted to be returning to Italy following a turbulent time in France.

Next to be representing Il Nuovi Rossoneri this season is Gianluca Palmiteri - a striker who at 24 has plenty of time to make his mark in the game arrives on a free transfer from Palermo. Brought in to score goals it has to be hoped that he can handle the pressure and regularly hit the back of the net.

We have two more players to be presented and the first of them is Cicek 'The Big Tuna' Tunahan - he arrives from St Gallen in his native Switzerland on a free transfer. Young and strong in the air it is hoped that he will offer Il Nuovi Rossoneri a physical presence in the box that they have missed over the last couple of seasons.

Finally of this batch of new faces we see Tanguy Vignau - this young French goalkeeper looks to have a bright future in the game. Joining on a free transfer from Nantes he is, at just 20-years old, an excellent prospect. He comes to the club as expected number 2 to Lupatelli, and given this hugely experienced mentor, he can only improve and be ready to take over the reins as Lupatelli reaches the end of his career.

In addition to these transfers the Domegliara management would also like to introduce the fans to the latest product of the youth academy - Aldo Mazzini - Mazzini, a young central midfielder, is thought to have the potential to reach the very top and at only 16 there is surely plenty of time for him to overcome his physical deficiencies to fulfill his potential. The Domegliara staff are looking to nurture his gift and to help this they have suggested that captain and star midfielder Giuseppe Casisa act as his mentor, and try to bring the best from his young charge. His potential has not been overlooked in the wider footballing community. Modena in particular have shown a strong interest in him looking to take 50% of his registration for £500K.

That concludes the introduction to those who will be donning the famous red and black of the Domegliara team. Let's hope they make it proud.

Board Takeover Update - new chairman has been installed - he has said his first priority will be to get the club back on a sound financial footing. Let's hope he injects some cash then. It was his predecessors fault after all, not that I'm grateful for the building of the new stadium but it has landed me in a significant financial hole.

EDIT - Oh. Personal message from the new chairman - no plans for any new investment. Oh well, I'll have to dig us out of the whole through getting promotion.

EDIT - I've just noticed that I have a 15 year stadium sponsorship of £875K a year. Well I suppose that will pay for a significant chunk of the stadium eventually.

Come January we're 2nd in the league with a 14-3-2 record. We won at home against another of the big teams Paris Saint Germain. 1-0 we beat them. Looking good, but we've got to play against PSG, Marseille and Bordeaux away in the second half of the season. And we've played 10 home games so we have 10 away games left. Still it's looking extremely good so far.

I figured I'd just be quiet in the transfer market in January, but then my idiot board decided to accept an offer for Mustapha Soltani, who only joined 6 months ago :( Pananthinaikos of Greece bid £7,5 million for him, and I have to admit that is crazy money. But he's improved quite a bit since he came and he was really good already. Gonna be hard finding yet another leftback of that quality. I still only get 50% of money from transfers to buy for aswell.

I was gonna look for a better central defender than Paiva aswell, but he's improved greatly in training and with match experience already. He's not played amazing, but he's turning into a great defender.

Pantovic & Kiselev are both leaving, Alexio can step in on the right, but I don't feel Costa is good enough for the left, so once again after losing a big star, Kipulo, Monster, Pants that left back spot is hard to keep a fulltime great player in, also not being able to attract the best players because I am not a "top" team is just crappy.

Moussa Guindo (£3,2m) replaces the selfish moneyhungry Soltani at leftback. Not as good as Soltani in defense, but better going forward. Hopefully he can do well. Gonna be hard competing with the top teams if our board are gonna accept any offer above £5m for all my players no matter how important they are.

Moussa Guindo (£3,2m) replaces the selfish moneyhungry Soltani at leftback. Not as good as Soltani in defense, but better going forward. Hopefully he can do well. Gonna be hard competing with the top teams if our board are gonna accept any offer above £5m for all my players no matter how important they are.

Ok wow he is class, but I have no money to be able to replace my players, means I have to try and do it completely on Frees right now which makes getting myself a class left back near impossible, Pants has really annoyed me. :( Interestingly...look who i was thinking about signing... Moussa Guindo

Ok wow he is class, but I have no money to be able to replace my players, means I have to try and do it completely on Frees right now which makes getting myself a class left back near impossible, Pants has really annoyed me. :( Interestingly...look who i was thinking about signing... Moussa Guindo

Interestingly I would have signed him for the Domes this season too. Except I have no transfer funds or wage budget! He wanted £950/week, I could offer him £100/week. He rejected.

Ah hehe, that's kinda funny. :) He's got better positioning skills in your save, that and his marking is the only worry. I hope that means he can improve in in training/experience still.

How come you got no money though? I would have thought you had quite a bit from beeing in Europe and dont you get any from the players leaving? Or are they leaving on bosmans? Try bringing in as many players as you can on free that are decent and have some sort of reputation. Even if they end up not playing much you can sell them for profit in the January window or next summer. It's a bit unethical mabye, but untill we start making good money from fans buying tickets, shirts, etc, and from competition bonuses, we need to work with what we can.

*edit* We just managed a 2-2 draw away to Bordeaux. First big team we've managed a result against away. And we really deserved more winning the shot stats 14-7 and clear cut chances 3-1. Still missing that vital quality infront of goal.

*edit2* I dont know if I should cry or laugh. My board of pound-lovers (£££) just accepted another offer, this time for my biggest talent Pierre Svensson. Now that the team was playing so well and all, they're gonna ruin our season if they keep this up :(

Well I have $0 money because the fans never come to football in Portugal, my average attendance is 6071, I am the 4th/5th biggest club in Portugal and have nothing, I have a quarter of the value of Benfica, I am 87th best club in Europe, but without the dollars I cannot do anything. Both Pants and Kiselev are leaving on Bosmans because they would not re-sign which was just gutting.

Well I have $0 money because the fans never come to football in Portugal, my average attendance is 6071, I am the 4th/5th biggest club in Portugal and have nothing, I have a quarter of the value of Benfica, I am 87th best club in Europe, but without the dollars I cannot do anything. Both Pants and Kiselev are leaving on Bosmans because they would not re-sign which was just gutting.

That's harsh!

I wonder whether people will turn up to my new stadium when it's finished. I hope so, I need them to, to may off the loan we took out to pay for it.

In other news, I've improved my team, and now we can't win games! It's irritating. I'm hoping it's just that the team need time to gel rather than me having broken the team completely!

Aww. We actually only have a 7,825 average attendance so far this season aswell (down from last year). But ticket prices are good. We're in the top in both normal tickets and season tickets. I think the Chairman must have a high finances skill or something, if there is such a thing. I wish you could see that attributes of the Chairman.

How's the money for league position in Portugal then? We got over £6m I think for the 6th place last year. I would assume France is a bit above Portugal in terms of money, but I didnt think it'd be that huge a difference. Portugese teams seem to compete just as well in Europe in the real world as French do. Even if Lyon is in a league of their own.

I'm gonna try to offer Svensson a new contract. Selling him to a rival is just :mad: He wants to leave for a bigger club though, and Lyon are 1 point ahead of us, so I guess they're bigger :rolleyes:

The problem is that I cannot complain at it being unrealistic, as I compared it to real life football in Portugal and the Liga Sagres has figures of 25k plus attendance for the big clubs, but between 3k & 6k average for the rest of the teams in the league. The money for being such a great club is very disappointing.

Edit: I am not sure, I can't remember how much i got last season, will tell you at the end of this season, but its not the best. Money in Portugal is hard to come by, I get a huge boost from Europe, but I am now losing money at 300k a month this season.

Ohanzee I am a Manchester United fan and probably ten years ago now I was at a very cold White Hart Lane when we lost 4-1. One of our centre backs that day was none other than your Assistant Manager William Prunier. In the warm up for the game Peter Schmeichel had the ball blasted at his nuts and screamed like a woman, he was unable to play the game so we had Kevin Pilkington in goal that night. He was awful!

What training schedules are you using?

yababo - I know, I mentioned that about Prunier when I brought him in earlier in the thread. :) I use Tug's training for FM 2009. Think a mate sent it to me over MSN way back, so not sure where to get them. I can probably upload to filefront if you're interested.

Including William Prunier as assistant manager. Anyone remember him? I'm a huge Manchester United fan so I remember him beeing on trial for us and getting 2 games cause our entire back-4 was out injured. He had one great game and one horrible one in which many fans made him a scapegoat (unjust in my opinion but..). Ferguson still offered him an extended trial, but he decided to move to Denmark I think. Anyways, in FM he has a high Motivating skill which is the main thing I always look for in an assistant, so I'm really happy to get him.

LLR - That really does sound bad. Almost like Romania and Croatia. I guess the reputation of the league is decent though, so that once the club gets more known you can attract bigger names than those average european leagues. I'd go for the sign free-transfers just to sell them later approach if I where you. It's the easiest way to get the money train rolling imo.

I just realised it's already 30th of January. I might not have time to replace Svensson if he leaves. I got lots of midfielders in the same mould in my shortlist that my scouts have found, but I doubt I can replace him with anyone remotely that good right now.

LLR - That really does sound bad. Almost like Romania and Croatia. I guess the reputation of the league is decent though, so that once the club gets more known you can attract bigger names than those average european leagues. I'd go for the sign free-transfers just to sell them later approach if I where you. It's the easiest way to get the money train rolling imo.

I would love to do that, but my team is already at wage budget, or close to it haha, trying to keep that down as much as possible as I don't want that to get me introuble when I am fighting the line for my expectations on some other grounds haha.

Yea, it's risky, but it can be worth it. I've been above the wage budget each season myself aswell so far, and I would have been well into red if it wasnt for all those average players I've sold for profit. Looking back we've made over £30m in profit on player sales in 3 seasons. And still we only have £14m in balance now, so without the sales we'd be in real trouble. Sad mabye, but football is a business these days. I enjoy this part of the game more than the tactical side myself. Finding ways to make a profit is one way to success aswell.

Svensson is gone :( And noone to replace him. But we got others that can do well, we'll just be in trouble if we get a few injuries.

*edit* And without Svensson we go out and get our biggest win in Ligue 1 since we got promoted. :D

Messina - Serie C2c 2009/10 Season

One game to go!!

As I stated above, the run in for 2 sides with 4 games left:

Barletta 63pts +28GD       Messina  60pts +24GD

Away  10th place           Home  16th place

Home   3rd place           Away   5th place

Home   6th place           Away  14th place

Away  12th place           Home  11th place

Well we both won those first two rounds of games.

In the penultimate round, I hung on to a 2-1 away win at Scaftese who were battling to try and get out of a relegation playout place, but are now confirmed there with one game to go.

Barletta drew 1-1 at home to playoff hopefuls Carpenedolo, which means that the table now looks like this:

1. Barletta 70pts +31GD
2. Messina  69pts +29GD

Barletta are away to Cassino, who are one place above the relegation playout places but are safe.

I'm at home to midtable Catanzero.

I'm currently 19 points ahead of the 4th place team. Both myself and Barletta deserve to be promoted!

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2022/23

March 1st Update

The Games

Well two interesting months saw Fafe playing 12 games in 59 days, averaging out to one every five days. We played in all four competitions, getting knocked out of the League Cup, but progressing in all the others.

Fafe 0:1 Benifca (LS)

P.Ferreira 1:0 Fafe (LS)

Fafe 0:2 Maritimo (PLC)

Fafe 0:1 Guimaraes (LS)

Fafe 2:0 Guimaraes (PLC)

Maradona, Own Goal

This game finally saw us break a terrible run of results at the club, I was hoping that it would be the turnaround for the club and get us back in the challenge before our European match-up.

Penafiel 1:4 Fafe (PC)

Rocha (3), Tiago

Fafe 1:0 Academica (LS)

Radakovic

Setubal 1:1 Fafe (LS)

Rocha

Fafe 3:1 Leixoes (PC)

Radakovic, Marcel, Maradona

Fafe 1:0 Porto (LS)

Tarasenko

Le Mans 0:3 Fafe (EC)

Radakovic (2), Janssen

Nacional 0:1 Fafe (LS)

Radakovic

So that game turned the club around, Radakovic after 11 hours without a goal finally scored, and we beat Porto as well. We have dropped to fifth in the league, but are only 1 point behind Guimaraes and we play them on the final day of the season.

Our next three games are over 7 days and are at home to Le Mans (EC), away Boavista (LS) and home to Porto (PC). The quarterfinals of the cup see a bunch of surprises with Porto being the only Big 3 left, and Guimaraes out already as well. If I can win this one I will be chasing the Portuguese Cup for myself.

Well, to be fair, they still have US$2.73 billion in total assets, richest in the world. :D

Still a distant 3rd, with the club worth 'only' US$570 million. :rolleyes:

I am valued US$38 million (6th in Portugal), Benfica is US$171M, richest in world is Barcelona with US$708M, now I shall change back to Pounds.

I am valued US$38 million (6th in Portugal), Benfica is US$171M, richest in world is Barcelona with US$708M, now I shall change back to Pounds.

Oh sorry about that. I just want to Americanize my game. ;)

I have no intention to switch my game currency into Pounds or Euros. :D

Barca is a safe 2nd in the World Richest Club's list at just over 1 billion. Man Utd are 4th, around 100 million less than Real Oviedo.

Oh sorry about that. I just want to Americanize my game. ;)

I have no intention to switch my game currency into Pounds or Euros. :D

Barca is a safe 2nd in the World Richest Club's list at just over 1 billion. Man Utd are 4th, around 100 million less than Real Oviedo.

I would like to be in NZ Dollars, but it is not an option sadly. :(

Well I'd have to be delighted to win 6:0 aggregate over Le Mans & at the same time see 131st ranked Mallorca beat Zenit 5:2 (After a huge 5:0 in Russia), so next up is Mallorca in the 2nd Round :)

I also downed Porto 2:2 (5:4 on pens) in the Cup Quarterfinal, an absolute stellar game.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2022/23

May 1st Update

The Games

Just a quick update here really, but I am going to show all the games.

Fafe (6) 3:0 (0) Le Mans (EC)

Janssen, Radakovic, Di Giuseppe

Boavista 2:2 Fafe (LS)

Di Giuseppe, Radakovic

Fafe 2:2 Porto (5:4p) (PC)

Radakovic, Maradona

This took me into the Semi-Finals to face Braga, I had to celebrate the victory over Porto as now it pretty much set-up a Final game against Guimaraes if I could overcome Braga.

Fafe 4:0 Maritimo (LS)

Janssen, Marcel, Radakovic (2)

Fafe 2:1 Mallorca (EC)

Crawford, Di Giuseppe

Mallorca (2) 1:3 (5) Fafe (EC)

Rocha, Radakovic (2)

A delightful 2nd round saw me head into the Quarterfinal, though drawn against Fiorentina was not the best I could hope for.

Trofense 0:3 Fafe (LS)

Radakovic (2), Crawford

Fafe 2:2 Fiorentina (EC)

Radakovic, Tarasenko

Fafe 2:1 E.Amadora (LS)

Costa, Own Goal

Fiorentina (4) 2:1 (3) Fafe (EC)

Radakovic

Finally knocked out of the European Cup, but in a stunning all around effort we really have shown that we are not easy beats, it took the 13th ranked club in Europe to knock us out and we made it to the final eight. I was delighted.

Fafe 2:0 Leixoes (LS)

Rocha, Maradona

Fafe 3:0 Braga (PC)

Guerra, Janssen, Radakovic

A huge effort in the Semi-Final gives us the dream final against Vit. Guimaraes for the Portuguese Cup.

So with a month to go in the season we are sitting in 3rd in the league, we can't get any further up the chart, but we have Guimaraes just one point back and Sporting 4pts back with 4 games remaining. We yet have to face Rio Ave Away, Benfica Away, Sporting at home before the Portuguese Cup Final and then finally finishing the season against Guimaraes away. I have to say the games against Sporting and Guimaraes are going to decide the League and it will be close, I am now good enough to be able to beat both of them, but we will see. Also new club records have been set for Goals (Radakovic), Assists (Di Giuseppe) & Man of Match (Radakovic), clear sign that our players are getting better.

Well We beat Rio Ave, lost to Benfica & Sporting and beat Guimaraes in the League to finish 4th.

But everyone can celebrate as Radakovic scored the winning goal in the Portuguese Cup to give us our first top level Trophy. All around a pretty good season, I am delighted with the effort to this point. And I will give a full write-up and update when i get home from work tomorrow.

Well We beat Rio Ave, lost to Benfica & Sporting and beat Guimaraes in the League to finish 4th.

But everyone can celebrate as Radakovic scored the winning goal in the Portuguese Cup to give us our first top level Trophy. All around a pretty good season, I am delighted with the effort to this point. And I will give a full write-up and update when i get home from work tomorrow.

Congratulations :thup:

I'm still struggling. I'm in 16th after 10 games. It's bizarre.

Congratulations :thup:

I'm still struggling. I'm in 16th after 10 games. It's bizarre.

16th of how many in Serie B? I am very happy with the results. Thanks for the Congrats. I believe I showed I am close to the top now, hopefully the loss of Pants & Kiselev can be a good thing not a disaster.

Messina - Serie C2c 2009/10 Season

One game to go!!

1. Barletta 70pts +31GD
2. Messina  69pts +29GD

Barletta are away to Cassino' date=' who are one place above the relegation playout places but are safe.

Messina are at home to Catanzaro.

[/quote']

End of Season Update

It was not to be Messina's day on the last day of the season, Barletta eeked out another 1-0 victory to win the league and the only automatic promotion spot. As it turned out, that result was insignificant as Messina went down 1-2 at home to Catanzaro.

This meant that we were put into the Playoff Semis against Brinidisi. We won the first leg at their place 1-0, before a comfortable 2-0 win at home, in front of our largest crowd of the season (13,000+) meant that not only our bank balance swelled (league games I was attracting c.4,000 fans), but that we got through to the playoff final against Carpenedolo, who had finished 4th the league and had got to the final after overturning a 1st leg 1-3 deficit by going away from home and winning 4-0!

A tight first leg ended 0-0 at their place, meaning that if Messina could get at least a draw in the 2nd leg (with extra time as well), then they would gain promotion through having a better league record.

What happened.... full end of season update and round up coming this afternoon.

16th of how many in Serie B? I am very happy with the results. Thanks for the Congrats. I believe I showed I am close to the top now, hopefully the loss of Pants & Kiselev can be a good thing not a disaster.

16th out of 22. Considering I finished 8th last season. Hopefully, I'll turn it round. I've made some fairly large changes to the squad, so I'm hoping it's just a gelling thing.

Archived