A Question on editing players attributes

olli-efc

Say i had an 18 year old striker - and i changed his pace to 20 - would his pace change to 20 straight away on the game or would it start at say 17 and then develop as his CA got closer to his PA?

Or is there a way to have some attributes fixed and some to grow?

My experience has been:

- If you edit a player's attributes but don't increase the Current Ability (CA), the attributes will immediately go to the numbers you edited them to but will also very quickly start to deteriorate. If you want the attribute increases to stay in place over time you have to increase the CA as well. There appears to be no known formula for how much you have to increase the CA to support specific attribute increases. It seems to me that it's usually something like 1 pt of CA for every 5-10 attribute points, but I could certainly be wrong. I think attribute points that are key to the player's position require a greater increase in CA to support them. I also think that physical attributes require a relatively large increase in CA.

- I've been told that if you increase a player's CA but don't increase any attributes then he will have relatively quick attribute increases related to his training schedule. I have no idea if this is correct, but if it is you might be able to increase the player's CA, give him a training schedule extremely heavy on the physical side, and have his physical stats increase fairly quickly.

But for your sake I hope someone comes along who knows a bit more about it than I do. ;)

Archived